Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the new hed kandi bar in brighton

Without Limits

Jan 14, 2007
Lewes Road Area
I worked in Creation which is same place as Sherry's which is where my parents met. Tru, Paradox etc etc.

Was a great 2nd job and really enjoyed it although maybe my age but never go to West St now.

Tru was owned by Lumina who also own Oceana (Event) over the road. Lumina went bust last week so I'm not sure if as they have before just set up newly named company who take it all over or if both were/have been sold off.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Hed Kandi bars are brilliant, went to a great one in Singapore which is sadly no longer there, its a shame that they opened in West street though. It won't be as good because of this, North Laine, Lanes, Seafront, Kemp Town, anywhere but West Street.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Dance music is going back underground thankfully. Brighton's best kept secret as far as dance music is concerned is now in Hove. The H Bar in Church Road currently has nights or appearances from the likes of Brandon Block, Colin Dale, Randall, John Fleming, Woody van Eyden, Christopher Lawrence, Baroque Records - the list goes on. It's going to be heaving on the 26th November as Baroque are hosting a floor and they are from Coventry and bringing loads down to cut some shapes after the game whilst Woody van Eyden plays downstairs. Leave West Street to the beer boys and come and join us!

Cheers for the shout, never been there so will keep an eye on it.

Never really like Woody Van Eyden, trance with no balls, seemed to be understudy to Alex Morph who was always very good.

On a positive note Recover was one of my favourite labels for hard Trance.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
i went to the vip launch last friday - it is very very nice. 25 and up on the weekend to keep the kids out - £8 to get in after 11 - hot wait staff and hot chicks djing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I worked in Creation which is same place as Sherry's which is where my parents met. Tru, Paradox etc etc.

Was a great 2nd job and really enjoyed it although maybe my age but never go to West St now.

Tru was owned by Lumina who also own Oceana (Event) over the road. Lumina went bust last week so I'm not sure if as they have before just set up newly named company who take it all over or if both were/have been sold off.

Oceanas will be fine, Hed Kandi is a totally separate venue owned by a 3rd party, Tru is now Project, but the auditors handling the Luminar thing, have shut it down (along with 10 other venues) and looking to sell it

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Never really like Woody Van Eyden, trance with no balls, seemed to be understudy to Alex Morph who was always very good.

I (vaguely) remember seeing some wicked set's @ the honey club with Woody and Alex Morph - they always had the crowd going nuts!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This. Hopefully it can stay like this as it will be a good place to go to on west street finally

Nonono, West Street should remain a ghetto so the rest of us can still go to good clubs elsewhere. We don't want the chavs being pushed out. Digital is bad enough already.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove

The Hard Trance scene died out a bit for us and then reinvented itself as hard dance and tech trance and supporting Woody is Activa and Sly one versus Jurrane who will deliver stuff with a tougher edge. Obviously its hard to know what everyone likes but we do have a lot of the older Recoverworld crowd still coming and they still like it. Maybe some good advice its to stay at the Amex getting completely ruined - stagger down to the event and then as long as you can say the words "Brighton and Hove Albion" we'll let you in!! ;-)

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Dance music is going back underground thankfully. Brighton's best kept secret as far as dance music is concerned is now in Hove. The H Bar in Church Road currently has nights or appearances from the likes of Brandon Block, Colin Dale, Randall, John Fleming, Woody van Eyden, Christopher Lawrence, Baroque Records - the list goes on. It's going to be heaving on the 26th November as Baroque are hosting a floor and they are from Coventry and bringing loads down to cut some shapes after the game whilst Woody van Eyden plays downstairs. Leave West Street to the beer boys and come and join us!

The website's still got calendar as October. Any chance of updating? Thanks

Avicii

Oct 26, 2011
Digital is awful anyway, always such a let down, havn't been to the Brighton Hed Kandi yet but I went to one of their nights in Ibiza and its pure house music and a good time, hopefully the Brighton one will be the same and not just a pretentious bar

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Very good call. My missus went to see Dale and Randall last Friday (I would have gone but was away). She had a cracking time, proper old skool techno, acid and jungle. I've noticed Evil Eddie Richards has played there as well.

What can music can I expect from Baroque?

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Very good call. My missus went to see Dale and Randall last Friday (I would have gone but was away). She had a cracking time, proper old skool techno, acid and jungle. I've noticed Evil Eddie Richards has played there as well.

What can music can I expect from Baroque?

Baroque play nice and deep and will also dig out a few classics. Think Sasha, Cattaneo from a few years back and now it is nice and deep. On at 9.00 is an acoustic set from someone called Senadee who is making a few waves. I can't post any links but there is plenty of stuff on the usual places on the web to look at then it goes from minimal, through to deep house. Downstairs will be more full on but the floors are completely separate so no problem if you like one and not the other. If you do come down say hi as I'll be on the door. :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
T'was good once upon a time but they sold out, the most obvious 'poppy' tunes going and a big corporate label, bit like how Ministry of sound sold out a decade ago.

You're prob right. And I am basing my opinion on a single night in Ibiza about ten years ago; it was all "sexy vocal house" and dolly birds. Jesus, it really did do my head in. I'm still have nightmares from that night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here