Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the new hed kandi bar in brighton

It's still gonna attract the same crowd though, whatever the name.

Last time I went in Tru which was well over a year ago now, within 15 seconds of walking through the door someone luzzed their pint at me then stood there waiting for me to start. Horrible place.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4503741 said:
It's still gonna attract the same crowd though, whatever the name.

Last time I went in Tru which was well over a year ago now, within 15 seconds of walking through the door someone luzzed their pint at me then stood there waiting for me to start. Horrible place.

I was hoping they might apply an age limit 22 and over Fri Sat or something. Or just pick out the chavy looking ones. Is that discrimination? The websites shows expensive cocktails and suits I hoping this will confuse the chav enough for them to retreat.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They only have the front bar bit, the actual club is going to be totally separate. Hed Kandi used to be good, but they sold out to Ministry of Sound so will be some nasty chav venue

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Before any of them, the RITZ ROLLER RINK!

ritz_roller_rink_s.jpg

Photo taken in 1953, complete with trick cyclist by the looks of things!

But is the correct? I thought Sherry's is mentioned in Brighton Rock which is 1930's??? anybody help?

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Went in last sat said I was on a guest list shown to a table full of random people LOL. Really good vibe I didnt even feel I was on West Street.

As for the age/chav thing I can hand on heart say not a single chavvy looking person was in there and plenty of attractive women.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Went in last sat said I was on a guest list shown to a table full of random people LOL. Really good vibe I didnt even feel I was on West Street.

As for the age/chav thing I can hand on heart say not a single chavvy looking person was in there and plenty of attractive women.

This. Hopefully it can stay like this as it will be a good place to go to on west street finally

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Dance music is going back underground thankfully. Brighton's best kept secret as far as dance music is concerned is now in Hove. The H Bar in Church Road currently has nights or appearances from the likes of Brandon Block, Colin Dale, Randall, John Fleming, Woody van Eyden, Christopher Lawrence, Baroque Records - the list goes on. It's going to be heaving on the 26th November as Baroque are hosting a floor and they are from Coventry and bringing loads down to cut some shapes after the game whilst Woody van Eyden plays downstairs. Leave West Street to the beer boys and come and join us!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Dance music is going back underground thankfully. Brighton's best kept secret as far as dance music is concerned is now in Hove. The H Bar in Church Road currently has nights or appearances from the likes of Brandon Block, Colin Dale, Randall, John Fleming, Woody van Eyden, Christopher Lawrence, Baroque Records - the list goes on. It's going to be heaving on the 26th November as Baroque are hosting a floor and they are from Coventry and bringing loads down to cut some shapes after the game whilst Woody van Eyden plays downstairs. Leave West Street to the beer boys and come and join us!

Brandon Block and underground- now there is 2 words you don't see together that often!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Hed Kandi is an awful label/brand in my opinion. Truly awful.

T'was good once upon a time but they sold out, the most obvious 'poppy' tunes going and a big corporate label, bit like how Ministry of sound sold out a decade ago.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Brandon Block and underground- now there is 2 words you don't see together that often!

Like him or loathe him his contribution to dance music's colourful "underground" heritage cannot be denied. Not my cup of tea either in recent years but that's hardly the point. Maybe the 26th will satisfy your underground requirements. You never know - it might knock a few years off you :)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Like him or loathe him his contribution to dance music's colourful "underground" heritage cannot be denied. Not my cup of tea either in recent years but that's hardly the point. Maybe the 26th will satisfy your underground requirements. You never know - it might knock a few years off you :)

Might check that bar out sometime then, cheers for the tip! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here