Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"The movement was excellent but we failed to deliver in the final third"

Dean Wilkins' post-match comment.

Is it really that simple?

All we have to do is "deliver in the final third".

What EXACTLY does he mean? Can someone explain? Or am I being stupid?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Means the man is clueless and out of his depth in his current role at the football club

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had a double-take at the "some of our box-to-box play in the first half was outstanding" comment as well.

I'm clearly missing something then, because for the vast majority, I thought we were somewhat GASH, Dean.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he can talk a good game, but it is the same thing over and over again

he has had the season to work with these players, yet if anything they have gone backwards from the way they played at the start under mcghee

sid

Banned
Feb 16, 2007
Scotty Mac said:
he can talk a good game, but it is the same thing over and over again

he has had the season to work with these players, yet if anything they have gone backwards from the way they played at the start under mcghee
boycott the oldham game !!!!!!!!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ed

You know my opinion Wilkins is not the man to be BHAFC No 1 and to be fair I said that in September last year

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry, just to revisit that remark.
"OUTSTANDING" ?

As far as I can see, Wilkins's use of that word to describe the first half can only equate to four things:

1. He's completely delusional
2. His standards are cripplingly low
3. He's lying, just to put a brave face on
4. He's a bit mental

I'm not sure which option I prefer.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Easy 10 said:
"OUTSTANDING" ?

As far as I can see, Wilkins's use of that word to describe the first half can only equate to four things:

4. He's a bit mental

i would go fora combination of 1 and 2, and throw in a sprinkle of "completely inept with no idea"

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Uncle Spielberg said:
Ed

You know my opinion Wilkins is not the man to be BHAFC No 1 and to be fair I said that in September last year

You made a prediction and it came TRUE? :eek:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Ernest said:
I think Wilkins is coming close to cracking up, lets face it the Brighton managers job with all the stress and hassle we have to put up with is not a rookie manager with no experience job.

So tell me gay boy,Mr Boothroyd of Watford at 34 years of age took Watford into the prem in his first season.Where did he get his experience from?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Ernest said:
Keith Burkinshaw

Think he done the vast majority on his own back.He was a rookie.Wilkins had 8 years at youth level and he is the man to deliver

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
Wilkins was accurate there, it was a lack of penetration, balls through the midfield work when the link play can move the ball to forwards making runs into space. It worked with Ward in the side at the point of the beloved "diamond". Hence the 2-1 victory then. Another example is the days when Sully used to link the play for Ward and Mellor, Gerry Ryan also performed this role with success in the past. Today's full backs punting balls to the wrong option is what happens when unfamiliar players try to play a complicated formation like the diamond. The first 20 mins we looked good, it was just confidence draining away due to not scoring that made it worse. Give it a pre-season with the players that Wendy chooses and I think we will storm the league next season.
Give the guy a break, he's Albion through and through.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Mr Wilkins is the current Albion manager.

NOTHING he has done particularly inspires me,and I said on his appointment that I felt he was not the right choice.

BUT,our manager,right or wrong,and I would not lower myself to the level of those ingrates who bayed for the previous manager's blood.

Is it time for a change? Possibly,but I suspect the incumbent to be in place in August,and suspect he will resign before he is sacked.

Next manager?

Somebody not too expensive.Somebody like Danny Cullip,player manager.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Easy 10 said:
"OUTSTANDING" ?

4. He's a bit mental

I think it's option 3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here