Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most naff football chant?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
So if we take all the above mentioned songs, what is left to sing :lol:

Good Old Sussex by the Sea but we sing it too quick :moo: so yes. Silence is best.

Brighton Gull

Apr 14, 2011
Brighton
We're the N/E/W Stand is totally pathetic but unless we get something new people will go on singing it, dammit!
Can we manage something up to date??
Adele has moved to Brighton, so ????

We're the Albion (changed from Skyfall)
You will crumble
We will stand tall
Face it all together
Albiiioonnn! (Changed from Skyfall)

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I love our football team but feck me do we sing some proper shite:

Aallbbiiioooonnnnnnnn = Piss poor
Stand up if you hate... = Embarrassing
Anything to the tune of 'Que será, será' (father's gun etc) = Utterly unoriginal
Sussex by the Sea = We have so many new and younger fans, I'd say no more than 10% attendance know the lyrics.
Aye, Aye Yippy = Christ on a bike... Are we really still singing this!?

The last half decent song I heard was Zamora's, albeit unoriginal.
We really need someone to take a stab at writing a couple of easy and catchy modern songs for us.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Oh well, not allowed to sing anything these days just in case someone cringes or is embarrassed. f*** sake, it is about generating noise and atmosphere, it is not a lyric masterclass.

Someone on here has said they do not like west stand/north stand chant cause it normally only happens when nothing is going on in the game. Errrrrm, is that not a good thing? Generating atmosphere during quiet passages of play- ohh how embarrassing *cringe*

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I love our football team but feck me do we sing some proper shite:

Aallbbiiioooonnnnnnnn = Piss poor
Stand up if you hate... = Embarrassing
Anything to the tune of 'Que será, será' (father's gun etc) = Utterly unoriginal
Sussex by the Sea = We have so many new and younger fans, I'd say no more than 10% attendance know the lyrics.
Aye, Aye Yippy = Christ on a bike... Are we really still singing this!?

The last half decent song I heard was Zamora's, albeit unoriginal.
We really need someone to take a stab at writing a couple of easy and catchy modern songs for us.

Absolutely no point at all as people just rip them to shreds and say they are embarrassing. It really, really, really annoys me. It is about generating atmosphere, I am sure the team does not give a f*** about the lyrics not being perfect or repetitive. I love the fact that teams like FC United have a host of loads of songs (that actually are pretty simple and not exactly amazing lyrics) that EVERYONE joins in. No cringing or complaining from them.

Personally, I cannot believe that we have yet to adopt and sing 'Praise you'

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
GET INTO EM f*** EM UP !!!! WTF !!!

The above is the most moronic " we know shit all all about football" chant ever sung at Albion
I cringe with embarrassment every time i hear it !!!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Sounds like we have quite a few fans who would prefer to be watching football with a county cricket 4 day match atmosphere (occasional polite clapping to wake them from their snooze, an atmosphere more accustomed to a library) - what a bunch of boring old farts, how long before they turn up with a blanket to wrap themselves up in and with a thermos of tea?

You can imagine what the main topics will be like on here in a few years time, which type of tea should i bring / is best at a football match? - Earl Grey, Green tea or Darjeeling ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh well, not allowed to sing anything these days just in case someone cringes or is embarrassed. f*** sake, it is about generating noise and atmosphere, it is not a lyric masterclass.

Someone on here has said they do not like west stand/north stand chant cause it normally only happens when nothing is going on in the game. Errrrrm, is that not a good thing? Generating atmosphere during quiet passages of play- ohh how embarrassing *cringe*

Exactly. Good post. If i want to sit in silence, i'll visit the ex wife. I either join in or i don't, my choice.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Sounds like we have quite a few fans who would prefer to be watching football with a county cricket 4 day match atmosphere (occasional polite clapping to wake them from their snooze, an atmosphere more accustomed to a library) - what a bunch of boring old farts, how long before they turn up with a blanket to wrap themselves up in and with a thermos of tea?

You can imagine what the main topics will be like on here in a few years time, which type of tea should i bring / is best at a football match? - Earl Grey, Green tea or Darjeeling ?
Exactly :)

I enjoy singing and chanting, i enjoy myself, iv'e paid......... "I'll sing what i want, i'll sing what i want, get off your high horse, i'll sing what i want"..... :)

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I like all of the songs we sing that are mentioned above except for "get into em, f*** em up" so my vote for most naff goes there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here