Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Most Famous Person You Have Met?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Met most of mine when I was a child.
Tom Jones in Sydney in 1968
Michael Caine, Karl Malden and Francois Dorleac on the set of Billion Dollar Brain
Jim Clark in Finland in 1967

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Work at the airport so get to meet loads but generally only for about 15 seconds to a minute at a time. In the last few months I've met Emma Watson, Kelly Brook, Harry Shearer, Hugh Grant, Timothy Hutton, Al Gore and probably a few more lesser types. However, by far the best value was Steve Van Zandt of the E-Street band and The Sopranos. What an absolute gent and fascinating to boot. Great chap.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
After Bill Gates it goes downhill a bit!

How did you meet him?

I heard he was very shy and unapproachable.

I met him when he came to Olympia in person to launch Windows. He sat at our table for lunch and ignored everyone - wouldn't say a word - despite the fact he was supposed to be promoting his product. Yes, very unassuming in a naff brown suit and spectacles.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Met most of mine when I was a child.
Tom Jones in Sydney in 1968
Michael Caine, Karl Malden and Francois Dorleac on the set of Billion Dollar Brain

jim clark in finland,impressed,what was he doing in rally country?

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
went to the opening of planet hollywood in sydney in 1996 whilst being a back package person. Can anybody beat sylvester stallone and danny glover on horses? also arnie, van damme, willis,charlie chan and harold lloyd. The last two were made up i am not 156.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

That's one of my favourite Michael Caine films, the scenery around Helsinki and other parts of Finland in the snow are beautiful. All his Harry Palmer ones were good especially The Ipcress File.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stuart Pearce. One of the City youth players wanted to come on a course and SP wanted to talk to me about it before approving .

Flumpyj

Mar 3, 2009
Mark Knopfler refitted his interior mirror on his BMW on Btn seafront,the guitarist from The Cure Porl Thompson made me a cuppa at his house in Saltdean after doing a flat battery on his motor and Mark Magee done a wheel change on his motor.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
female variety,linda lusardi in her prime,shook her hand and it was lovely and warm!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Thom Yorke

I used to drink in the Lion and Lobster and got quite friendly with Mark Williams, Supergrass were often in there too.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Met Elvis when i was a kid

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Acted in a film with Roddy McDowell, who I watched loads in Planet of The Apes.
Met 'The Fonz', Robin Williams, Timothy Leary, Andy Warhol, Pink Floyd and Led Zep. For instance.

And I bet they mention you all the time, you wanker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here