Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Most Famous Person You Have Met?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Autograph-wise, got a fairly unique set of signatures once. Went to the opening night of 'Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell' that was playing at the Theatre Royal before transferring to the West End. Jeffrey Bernard was something of a hero of mine in those days, late 80's this would be, and got chatting to him outside after the show. Well 'chatting' is probably not the right word cos he was a right surly old bastard. Anyways, he let slip that next day the cast and crew would all be going to Brighton Races, as was I. So took my theatre programme up there and got it signed by Jeffrey Bernard, Peter O'Toole, Keith Waterhouse and Ned Sherrin. Result!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Autograph-wise, got a fairly unique set of signatures once. Went to the opening night of 'Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell' that was playing at the Theatre Royal before transferring to the West End. Jeffrey Bernard was something of a hero of mine in those days, late 80's this would be, and got chatting to him outside after the show. Well 'chatting' is probably not the right word cos he was a right surly old bastard. Anyways, he let slip that next day the cast and crew would all be going to Brighton Races, as was I. So took my theatre programme up there and got it signed by Jeffrey Bernard, Peter O'Toole, Keith Waterhouse and Ned Sherrin. Result!

Yup two of them are dead now. I think Keith waterhouse is still going.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
when I was in RAF during first gulf war went to rally given by Mr Bush senior to the troops. Also while out there Steve Martin came to give a concert to the US troops and Madonna to US Navy and our nice Tory government sent out John Major and Bob Garolgees (without Spit the dog!!!)

I dated one of Roger Dean's sisters back in the late 70's when he was like a rock god, designing the album covers of 'Yes' and 'Osibisa' etc, I was at art college so it was like meeting the King, he lived in Brighton back then and I now live less than a mile form his former house.
He now designs the covers for the Cliffe Bonfire Society's 5 November programmes.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Pleasant enough chap and very polite to me. I know he's got mental health issues and the media love to knock him down every chance they get but I'm glad he's stuck with snooker for all the talent he has and hope he carries on for another 15 years or so.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Met the queen and the duke at Lewes when they opened the new Sussex police HQ circa 1977. In the same class as Wendy james from transvision vamp, used to look after the plants in Andrew Lloyd Webbers town house in Belgravia, London. Met him many times (he has £43m of art in this house including one piece worth £11m !!!!!) fairly good friends with Mark Chadwick...lead singer with the Levellers. Chris Collins...blue peter and otherwise famous gardener worked with me on Brighton parks

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Michael Jackson

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Has anyone on here NOT met King Hussein of Jordan?

How about talked to him via amateur radio? The King was an avid ham (JY1), was on the air all the time. He got into a spot of trouble at home once for working Israeli hams from a friend's station during a bad patch in the ME.

Never worked King Juan Carlos, though (EA1JC).

Last edited:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I had a drink with David Jason one christmas. He used to live in Crowborough , me & a mate delivered a load of bricks to him - we ended up staying for a couple of hours.
Princess Anne when she opened the sports hall at Beacon school.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here