Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most disappointing tourist attractions

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
But I supposed tourists to London probably imaging they'll be able to see the front door of 10 Downing Street only to find it's stuck up some pokey side road and you can't go near for fear of being slotted by a burly Special Branch operative.

Unless you work in the neighbouring Foreign Office :thumbsup: Downing St a great short cut back to the office after lunch.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Arrrr! You should have kept on going East from Portsmouth till you reached TinTagel. Nothing but Pirates, smugglers and false claims to the Arthurian Legends. Opposite The Jamaica Inn (quite disappointing and situated under a flyover!) you can even visit a pub which has the very clever name of "ExcaliBAR" f***ing genius.

Er.....surely you would need to journey WEST from Portsmouth to get to Tintagel??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was ill-prepared for just how grubby Blackpool is when I went up there for a long weekend a few years back. Its like the entire town was modelled on a back-alley in Preston Street. And I appreciate most of them would have been tourists and not residents, but it was impossible to spot anyone over the age of 13 who wasn't heavily tattoo'd, and/or sporting a bewildering array of facial piercings.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Las Ramblas in Spain was so underwhelming. Just a street full of dodgy hawkers selling suicidal budgerigars.

Barcelona full stop is the most over rated place in europe. Every dullard goes oh barcelona for the weekend blah blah blah you must go and see their stupid cathederal etc etc. a football stadium a silly church and a street with some over priced cafes. f*** all else. i never understand the fascination with the place, and its fearsome budget airline weekend reputation. i would rather go to f***ing glasgow for the weekend if i had to choose.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Kelimutu, in Flores, Indonesia. Spent four days on a boat, death-trap pick-up truck and an early morning hike to reach two lakes that, apparently, changed colours and were one of the unofficial wonders of the world. Bollocks were they. The journey was fun, but the lakes themselves were desperately underwhelming.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Barcelona full stop is the most over rated place in europe. Every dullard goes oh barcelona for the weekend blah blah blah you must go and see their stupid cathederal etc etc. a football stadium a silly church and a street with some over priced cafes. f*** all else. i never understand the fascination with the place, and its fearsome budget airline weekend reputation. i would rather go to f***ing glasgow for the weekend if i had to choose.

I enjoyed Barcelona overall, but agree it doesn't deserve all the adulation it receives.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Blackpool is a top shout and each time I have been, instils a level of uncomfortability, similar to the scene from shawshank where I start to cry and mumbling I don't belong here!!!

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove

f***ing love Barcelona fullstop

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I went to the Ledra Street Crossing in Nicosia the other day. Berlin Wall it isnt. Just some oil drum barricades loads of bored looking armed adolescent boys in ill fitting uniforms and some kebab shops.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was ill-prepared for just how grubby Blackpool is when I went up there for a long weekend a few years back. Its like the entire town was modelled on a back-alley in Preston Street. And I appreciate most of them would have been tourists and not residents, but it was impossible to spot anyone over the age of 13 who wasn't heavily tattoo'd, and/or sporting a bewildering array of facial piercings.

The stench of burgers down the Golden Mile will haunt me for the rest of my life.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Another vote for the pissing Belgian kid and Salem Witch Museum. Absolutely pathetic scenes.
Madame Tussauds is always a complete waste of time and a LOT of money.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Ripleys believe it or not in London. £25 for what seems like the stuff they couldn't fit in Madame Tussauds or The London Dungeon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here