Votes: 192 66.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 32 11.1%
  • Not acceptable in modern day democracy

Votes: 63 22.0%

• Total voters

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
which is about the same as this poll then (22% currently). the funny thing is this is by far more support than any political party, while presidents usually win by a few % margin (crooked elections aside). I agree support will probably drop under Charles, but not much, then rise again with Will. i dont see the monarchy ending in my life time or this century.

I'm in my fifties and don't expect to see this country emerge from centuries of unelected, inherited rule into the sunlit uplands of democracy during my time either. Such deeply entrenched belief systems, like religion, and Father Christmas, take a long time to cure.:)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The reason is she is so popular is she is one of us.
I mean who can forget the film of her during the war when she did those 20 minutes in that armaments factory, god bless her.

Dandyman

In London village.
The reason is she is so popular is she is one of us.
I mean who can forget the film of her during the war when she did those 20 minutes in that armaments factory, god bless her.

:D I'd gladly sell my entire family to keep her in gin and copies of the Racing Post.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
We should always remember that the queen bravely stayed in london during WW2 , not like my grandad, who upon the declaration of war, f***ed off to france , north africa, italy and finally germany, the shame will live with our family forever :lolol:

ps, i'm fairly ambivalent , but think the amount of freeloders needs pruning.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
......., but think the amount of freeloders needs pruning.

Couldn't agree more... lets get rid of benefit scroungers and bone idle students,... flamin parasites......

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
We should always remember that the queen bravely stayed in london during WW2 , not like my grandad, who upon the declaration of war, f***ed off to france , north africa, italy and finally germany, the shame will live with our family forever :lolol:

The bastard! I know how you feel though as one of my Grandads did the self same thing,while the other one spent the Second World War sailing around the North and South Atlantic,Pacific and South China sea and then hid away in the Arctic Ocean.I too feel the shame you have experienced.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
I never do sing it, Land of hope and glory, Rule Britannia etc, yes, love it, I am a very patriotic person, but GSTQ, no chance, until she gets elected by a majority of this nations electorate, I never will sing it.

This. The national anthem is DIRE and I hate it. It sounds like it was composed by a 5 year old in a music class on a xylophone. The national anthem should be one of the really great patriotic songs (rule Brittania, land of hope and glory, Jerusalem). I do like the monarchy; if we didn't have it, we would be like France! And nobody wants that!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Statistically, the most popular city/country for tourism is Paris/France.

If we really want to use the Windsors to get the tourist numbers over here up, we need to follow their lead and invest in a guillotine.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I used to be fimly int eh NO camp but my 6 year-old daughter has changed my mind. Last years wedding and the Queen documentary this weekend was lapped up by her and she tells me how proud she is to be English. Quite clearly it shows the political effect that the monarchy still has..... people still lap it up (and lets be honest my daughter is savvier than most politicians).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

ps, i'm fairly ambivalent , but think the amount of freeloders needs pruning.

Pruning shears might do it but the old fashioned beheading axe would be better I suspect.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I am proud to be English and proud of our traditions (except when the English get abroad with a couple of pints inside them and disgrace us)
I support the monarchy and am pleased that we have it
Can any of the republicans amongst you honestly say that you'd rather have Cameron, Milliband or Clegg as head of state ?
The current situation works just fine - has done for centuries and there's no need to change it

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I thought the whole thing was a f***ing insult. Ben Fogle? Gary Barlow? ANNEKA RICE!!!???? and the fat lass from Question of Sports? Is that what they think we are worth (even though we paid for it)? That's what they are hoping to distract us from hundreds of years of tyrannical rule? Is that what they think will distract us from the collapse of our finances and society and the theiving of our human rights by governments and monarchy's. They think we're all that f***ing stupid? Clearly many of us are!!

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
I used to be fimly int eh NO camp but my 6 year-old daughter has changed my mind. Last years wedding and the Queen documentary this weekend was lapped up by her and she tells me how proud she is to be English. Quite clearly it shows the political effect that the monarchy still has..... people still lap it up (and lets be honest my daughter is savvier than most politicians).

Nice story SCS but she probably believes in Santa and the tooth fairy as well. When she gets older I hope you will teach her that democracy is a precious thing that we must keep fighting for or we will risk losing it.

Last edited:

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
I am proud to be English and proud of our traditions (except when the English get abroad with a couple of pints inside them and disgrace us)
I support the monarchy and am pleased that we have it
Can any of the republicans amongst you honestly say that you'd rather have Cameron, Milliband or Clegg as head of state ?
The current situation works just fine - has done for centuries and there's no need to change it

They would not be my first choice but neither would Prince Charles. At least if we voted Clegg, Boris or whoever in to office we could remove them 5 years later if we wanted, we have no such escape clause with charlie.

Dandyman

In London village.

The bastard! I know how you feel though as one of my Grandads did the self same thing,while the other one spent the Second World War sailing around the North and South Atlantic,Pacific and South China sea and then hid away in the Arctic Ocean.I too feel the shame you have experienced.

Shocking example by the older generation. One of my great-Uncles went to a holiday camp in Japan for 3 years and that was after he already been allowed to sail around the Java Straits for a couple of years.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Shocking example by the older generation. One of my great-Uncles went to a holiday camp in Japan for 3 years and that was after he already been allowed to sail around the Java Straits for a couple of years.

My old man was swanning around in India and Burma whilst the Queen was doing her bit for the nation between 39 and 45. Lovely warm weather, boating down the Kalapanzin river knowing he had a nice spicy curry waiting for him and his Chindits mates when they got bored of pouncing about in the jungles. Meanwhile Our Liz was packed off to a cold castle in Windsor with a horrid bomb proof cellar and 120 servants that she had to keep busy.
No wonder my old man never really wanted to talk about it the lazy blighter.

Last edited:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Think of it as an even-longer-running-than-The-Mousetrap piece of theater, not as a form of governance. Or as an arm of the heritage industry.

If British monarchs could actually do anything, they'd be a bigger threat.

Next time The Queen's Speech is the Queen's speech, I'll start worrying/bothering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here