Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Metro Newspaper........

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
the fuckers who publish this paper must surely realise that they "SELL OUT" before everyone can get a copy. Especially on the train home.

Even their slogan says "you've gotta be quick" - so why not make a few more you tw@ts.

Nothing worse than coming home on the train with nothing to read (yes i am too cheap to buy the Sun!!)

:lolol:

Last edited:

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Train home ?! I'm lucky to get on in the mornings - I swear the little fella who runs the newsagent in my station hides all the Metros before all the commuters turn up in the morning so they all buy papers from him instead.... he clearly hasn't accounted for my frugal nature however :salute:

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Brighton till i die said:

Nothing worse than coming home on the train with nothing to read (yes i am too cheap to buy the Sun!!)

You know, there are these things called books, that have many pages pf reading in them.

Now books have to be bought, but get this, there are these other things called libraries that let you borrow them...FOR FREE.

:)

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Re: Re: The Metro Newspaper........

Highfields Seagull said:
You know, there are these things called books, that have many pages pf reading in them.

Now books have to be bought, but get this, there are these other things called libraries that let you borrow them...FOR FREE.

:)

:lolol: you must have a great library cos where im from you have to pay my friend!

plus books are hard work, i like an informative paper such as the Sun!;)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I always manage to pick one up at about 8.15 when my train pulls into Victoria.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
There're always hundreds of them lying about discarded on trains in my experience.

Nobody takes them with them, they're just left as commuter reading surely

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Pasty, I must get the same train as you.

Metro is utter w*nk produced by those nice people at The Daily Nazi.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
the fuckers who publish this paper must surely realise that they "SELL OUT" before everyone can get a copy. Especially on the train home.

It is published by The Daily Mail group who also publish the Evening Standard. They probably want to make sure there are no copies left by the evening so you buy the Standard.

I love the maneuvering around the distribution stand when people pick a copy up - you've got to execute a pretty deft move to grab a copy whilst moving in a crowd and not get bumped.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Re: Re: The Metro Newspaper........

bailey said:

I love the maneuvering around the distribution stand when people pick a copy up - you've got to execute a pretty deft move to grab a copy whilst moving in a crowd and not get bumped.

:lolol: its a fine art that i've still not quite mustered!
i end up causing a bunble or making everyone step around my arse as i grab one and then usually drop it leaving me scrabbling around the floor amoungst the feckers brushing past me!!:lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hornblower said:
Pasty, I must get the same train as you.

0700 Thameslink from Brighton, change at Hassocks for 0721 to Victoria. I'm guessing you get on at HH from your location ?

I get a seat, I get a seat, you don't, you don't

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I used to commute from Ealing Broadway, and it used to baffle me as to why they employed people to collect all the Metros off trains. A westbound central line train would pull in and everybody would get off as it's the end of the line. The train would then become an eastbound one, and fill up with people heading that way. But at the same time, a team of LT goons with sacks would leap on and hoover up all the Metros and bin them, leaving hundreds of commuters who'd 'quite like to read one actually' empty-handed. Bizarre.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I pick one up every morning at Victoria - Su Doku is good.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Even their slogan says "you've gotta be quick" - so why not make a few more you tw@ts.

On the train HOME? It's a strictly morning paper innit? Big stacks of them, about three foot high, all over Victoria station and no doubt all the other mainline stations also. & every third empty seat has one if you are lucky/unlucky enough to take the Bakerloo train southbound from Embankment to Elephant & Castle of a morning. And if you work anywhere near Holborn at lunchtime, they're giving out free copies of the Standard. There's really no need to ever buy a paper in London apart from the evening rush-hour.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
bhafc99 said:
I used to commute from Ealing Broadway, and it used to baffle me as to why they employed people to collect all the Metros off trains. A westbound central line train would pull in and everybody would get off as it's the end of the line. The train would then become an eastbound one, and fill up with people heading that way. But at the same time, a team of LT goons with sacks would leap on and hoover up all the Metros and bin them, leaving hundreds of commuters who'd 'quite like to read one actually' empty-handed. Bizarre.

Aye and then the next time some paper/tv newspoll trumps up slagging off the way the underground is so dirty and papers always lying around, never cleaned up and then they end up on the floor, trampled on, ripped up and then they get pushed off a carriage onto a platform, end up going down the tunnel getting wrapped around a positive rail porcelain pot and starts to smoulder, possibly a little bit of flame and we have to suspend the service and get the Water Fairies down to put it all out. Then we'll get slagged off by the travelling public as they can't get home to watch BBC London slag us off a little bit more. Oh the joys of not cleaning the trains at a terminus station :D :p

Grizz

Last edited:

Your plea will certainly reach one of their hacks, who posts on here :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can't believe you can't get one.

There at stacks of these at Victoria - mainline and underground.

Sometimes I pick one up off the train as it pulls into Victoria as a pikey from Croydon has discarded it already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here