Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THE MARCH - How was it for you.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Police Head Constable or something said there were 2000 fans, I thought abit more but could'nt really tell at all.
Nice walk along the road, hope the message got across alright.

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Just back in London.What a great night out. terrific turnout considering the time etc.

Micky Adams. Total respect, The man's a legend and I got to shake his hand along with Mark Mcgee, Great to see the players walking with the masses. Kerry, Virgs, Darren, Jonesey, Our England international, Leon, Chris M, Charlie et al.

Two Jags will surely have got the message from this peaceful but vociferous crowd.

DK in his Palookaville sweat shirt looked chuffed.

Well done all. We have been heard!!!!!

It says a lot that so many people gave up their Monday to come down to Sussex by the sea! The police never knew what to do as we over subscribed it! Move along was the cry to Albion from one to the other.How many there? Who cares. We did ourselves prowd.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I came into Brighton on a bus. At Peacehaven an older gentleman got on with an Albion shirt on. It was an older 1970's type shirt.

He told me he had been supporting the Albion since 1930!!!!!

He was enjoying going on the march and definitely wanted Falmer.
He has been writing to the FA and John Prescott.

It just goes to show you are never too old for the Albion.
:clap2:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Scene of the day. The Police are telling us to move to the West Pier, so we start chanting "One pier, we've only got one pier." At the same time Lord Bassam is in front of us jokingly pointing to himself, and saying, "What about me then!":lolol:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
I thought it was agreat turnout more than i expected.

Walked along back along the seafront with DK and found him charming as usual. the man is a top bloke.

however on a slightly sour note the stewards didn't have much of a clue. in fact they were telling us to move along as were standingnext to the players in front of the brighton centre. however they were holding up a stupid ripped bit of tape. when i went under it to move along he grabbed move and pushed me back under and told me to go round it. why was it there in the first place? he was generally being a bit of a knob i think the power went to his head

anyway proceeding to go back under with the help of fellow fans so thanks all that were standing round that area.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Very hard to judge numbers, would love to see a panoramic shot from the Brighton Centre showing the whole lot of us.

Good luck to the police tonight with the toffs and twats of the Countryside Alliance – expect they'll get a very different experience from the good-humoured Albion. Like when that kid got separated from his Dad at the east end of the Brighton Centre, the police make a tannoy announcement for him and everyone in that section of the crowd starts singing his Dad's name to get him to come forward.

I'm very bad at spotting celebs but did anyone else see Billy Bragg in a Albion shirt? Convinced it was him but could be wrong.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
London Irish said:
I'm very bad at spotting celebs but did anyone else see Billy Bragg in a Albion shirt? Convinced it was him but could be wrong.

Billy Bragg was there, he was Interviewed by BBC SCR.

Apparently he was due to go in to the conference for a meeting, but someone gave him an albion shirt so he decided to join the march instead:clap2: :clap2:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
I was there, I started near Braders and Richie Morris, but bizarrely, I ended up falling back and being near the back with Safeway, Locky and BenElton's brother. I enjoyed it overall, and I saw Dick Knight, he is a legend. I thought the march was brillient and a excellent day out. I am not sure if there was any speeches I just heard Paul Samrah saying we put on a good show and asked us to move to the West Pier, was that it? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here