Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Mandalorian, your thoughts please.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
That last episode is for me the best episode of a magic TV series.

As soon as the X-wing appeared, and then the green lightsaber was used I knew what to expect and was not disappointed.

I am a real fanboy, I have all the films and the Clone Wars and Rebels series too, and I love the way that they have interweaved those stories in to The Mandalorian.

I cannot wait for the next series, as well as the Ahsoka series, as she is my favourite Star Wars character, apart from Thrawn.

If you love the Star Wars universe then I would urge you to read the Thrawn books (both Legends and Canon).

This is the way.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm new to this - just installed IPTV onto my Firestick and am now enjoying the (numerous) benefits. Cough. Its like Kodi moving down from scotchland (ie it actually bloody WORKS).

This was one of my first port of calls. I've binged 7 out of 8 eps on S1 this week, will finish that sucker tomorrow. Its so cool. I wouldn't call myself a Star Wars NERD, but I've been around long enough to take them all in on their first release, and I've found myself greatly enjoying all the nods to the droids, creatures, Imperial troopers and machines we've seen over the last 43-44 years. And its so well written.

What the hell Lucas was thinking when he handed this franchise over to the dimbots who produced E1 II III and the subsequents god only knows (Rogue One exempted). THIS is where Star Wars is at now. And it works.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm new to this - just installed IPTV onto my Firestick and am now enjoying the (numerous) benefits. Cough. Its like Kodi moving down from scotchland (ie it actually bloody WORKS).

This was one of my first port of calls. I've binged 7 out of 8 eps on S1 this week, will finish that sucker tomorrow. Its so cool. I wouldn't call myself a Star Wars NERD, but I've been around long enough to take them all in on their first release, and I've found myself greatly enjoying all the nods to the droids, creatures, Imperial troopers and machines we've seen over the last 43-44 years. And its so well written.

What the hell Lucas was thinking when he handed this franchise over to the dimbots who produced E1 II III and the subsequents god only knows (Rogue One exempted). THIS is where Star Wars is at now. And it works.

It's very good indeed and season 2 even better, IMO, with a great finale.

There aren't many things we go out of our way to watch and, frankly, don't get too much from our Netflix and Amazon Prime subscriptions, but The Mandalorian made our Disney+ sub well worth it.

I'm not sure if moody-vision has all the "Making of..." stuff with the roundtable discussions with the likes of Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, but they're also a fascinating watch.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Haven’t particularly enjoyed any Star Wars output of recent years except for Rogue 1. The Mandalorian however, is tremendous.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Best thing on TV over Xmas.

Having strung the 2nd series out over the Xmas period climaxing on NYE with the finale, we’ll be cancelling our Disney+ subscription until December when we’ll binge out on the next new Star Wars series that has been promised (no spoilers).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's very good indeed and season 2 even better, IMO, with a great finale.

There aren't many things we go out of our way to watch and, frankly, don't get too much from our Netflix and Amazon Prime subscriptions, but The Mandalorian made our Disney+ sub well worth it.

I'm not sure if moody-vision has all the "Making of..." stuff with the roundtable discussions with the likes of Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, but they're also a fascinating watch.

I was offered 6 months free Disney+ when I bought my new telly, but couldn't really be arsed as from what I've heard, unless you're 11, there's really not much on there other than the Mandalorian. So I shrugged and skipped it.

Still glad I did as the rest of the offerings look limited (and pointless in the shadow of IPTV). But this has been well worth my time. Funnily enough, the guy who hooked up my IPTV reckoned S2 was a letdown. But I'm already WAY too invested to worry about his opinion. S2 will be finished by the end of the week.

I have spoken.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I was offered 6 months free Disney+ when I bought my new telly, but couldn't really be arsed as from what I've heard, unless you're 11, there's really not much on there other than the Mandalorian. So I shrugged and skipped it.

Still glad I did as the rest of the offerings look limited (and pointless in the shadow of IPTV). But this has been well worth my time. Funnily enough, the guy who hooked up my IPTV reckoned S2 was a letdown. But I'm already WAY too invested to worry about his opinion. S2 will be finished by the end of the week.

I have spoken.

Just make sure you watch past the credits on the last episode of S2.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just make sure you watch past the credits on the last episode of S2.
Ah, that old trick?.. They tried that at the end of Doctor Who on New Year's Day, but all we got was John " Feckin" Bishop!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I have spoken.

It might be worth remembering Disney+ has only been around in the UK for less than a year, and in the US barely two years. Netflix took a while to build up it's library, and Prime, while being around a fair while, has only recently (over the last year or so) started to get a decent library. With streaming taking off, Disney have pivoted to the producing a lot more content for D+, and in the UK from February are adding 'Star' (to go along with their 'channels' of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic), which is expected to bring in a lot of the content that in the US is on Hulu and in other territories on 'hotstar'. This is will supposedly include a lot of the Fox titles they own having bought that company, bringing a lot more adult content to the service.

They have also announced a slew of new titles, including some tying in to the Mandalorian (such as Ashoka, and Guards of the Republic), and some tying into the Marvel universe such as 'Wandavision' (starts 15th January), 'Loki', and 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier'.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
finished watching yesterday, really enjoyed it all. good to see interlinking with Clone Wars.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It might be worth remembering Disney+ has only been around in the UK for less than a year, and in the US barely two years. Netflix took a while to build up it's library, and Prime, while being around a fair while, has only recently (over the last year or so) started to get a decent library. With streaming taking off, Disney have pivoted to the producing a lot more content for D+, and in the UK from February are adding 'Star' (to go along with their 'channels' of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic), which is expected to bring in a lot of the content that in the US is on Hulu and in other territories on 'hotstar'. This is will supposedly include a lot of the Fox titles they own having bought that company, bringing a lot more adult content to the service.

They have also announced a slew of new titles, including some tying in to the Mandalorian (such as Ashoka, and Guards of the Republic), and some tying into the Marvel universe such as 'Wandavision' (starts 15th January), 'Loki', and 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier'.

They've now released a trailer to promote Star and I might have to take that back. They seem to be selling it on Die Hard 5, Desperate Housewives and parental controls.

[tweet]1346003436307935232[/tweet]

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Really enjoyed it. Just finished S2. Good balance of being a series thats easy to digest and dip in and out, but also maintain enough of the action & exciting scenes you'd find in the films.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Supposedly Mandalorian was the most pirated TV show of 2020.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I binged the first season on Christmas Day simply because I was self isolating the choice of television was appalling. Thought it was great.

Did the same with season 2 on NYE. Was going to watch a few then pick up Jools Holland but had to see it through. Simply amazing television. I love Star Wars, not in a geeky way but it was my favourite film as a kid and still is now. I think I wore the copy I had out on VHS in our toploader. However I don't think you'd need to be into Star Wars to like it and whilst there are crossovers you wouldn't need to have even seen the films until the end of season 2 to get what is going on (even then unless you've been living under a rock then you'll get it).

However I didn't watch past the credits on the last episode so thank you NSC (unless its a big ruse), I'm going to do that in a minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here