Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would be surprised if they got five hundred thousand but that's probably what the figure actually is.

True. Oasis and Kasabian at Glastonbury is a bit much.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Sleaford Mods at The Albert tonight. Looking forward to it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Weatherall/Avery was excellent, helped by the result last night I think.

I've been to a couple of those Disco Deviant nights to see Greg Wilson. Nice crowd I thought.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Here's hoping Jason turns up for the rearranged Sleaford Mods date - 25 October, The Haunt

http://www.thehauntbrighton.co.uk/#!__sleafordmods

Good catching up last night.
After you left we went back in and the guy who had turned up put on a bit of a show using his laptop. It was in a surreal way quite enjoyable but that was partly down to the drink and the fact he kept playing requests and was himself getting fairly pissed. He played afew demos he had as well. Their manager got on it too and was giving out free copies of Austerity Dogs I guess as a sorry and to make up for things. In the end not a total waste of an evening but I get the feeling that would have been the last chance to see them in such as small venue. They are getting a name for themselves and alot of media attention.
Incidently we thought AWOL would be a good title for their next release.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Weatherall/Avery was excellent, helped by the result last night I think.

Avery made some positive noises about the gig and the 'unreal energy' from the crowd on his Facebook feed. I'm looking forward to seeing him again at Melt. Loved his music but the crowd were not up for much apart from being cool when I saw him. What sort of set did Weatherall play? The Frau saw him at DD a while back and he played quite an eclectic set with a lot of electro and verging on 80s pop at times; it went down very well.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Good catching up last night.
After you left we went back in and the guy who had turned up put on a bit of a show using his laptop. It was in a surreal way quite enjoyable but that was partly down to the drink and the fact he kept playing requests and was himself getting fairly pissed. He played afew demos he had as well. Their manager got on it too and was giving out free copies of Austerity Dogs I guess as a sorry and to make up for things. In the end not a total waste of an evening but I get the feeling that would have been the last chance to see them in such as small venue. They are getting a name for themselves and alot of media attention.
Incidently we thought AWOL would be a good title for their next release.

I see Jason posted a "no excuses" apology on Facebook. I though that was pretty respectable, though I'd would probably have been less forgiving if I'd travelled a long way.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Avery made some positive noises about the gig and the 'unreal energy' from the crowd on his Facebook feed. I'm looking forward to seeing him again at Melt. Loved his music but the crowd were not up for much apart from being cool when I saw him. What sort of set did Weatherall play? The Frau saw him at DD a while back and he played quite an eclectic set with a lot of electro and verging on 80s pop at times; it went down very well.

The crowd were absolutely excellent, though it wasn't hurt by the standard of what was on offer. Avery veered more toward techno. Sherwood was in early house and occasionally dub teritory. The balance between the two was perfect.

It's a really good night, I'll likely be going back in the future. I was really impressed that despite it being sold out, it never felt that busy in there, it was easy to get around, there was plenty of space for a dance and ther queue at the bar was never too long.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a really good night, I'll likely be going back in the future. I was really impressed that despite it being sold out, it never felt that busy in there, it was easy to get around, there was plenty of space for a dance and ther queue at the bar was never too long.

I guess this must be a policy of the promoter as the two DD nights I have been to have been the same i.e. sold out on advance tickets but plenty of room.

Sounds like a great evening as I note from another thread you started off in Craft Beer Co prior to the game.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I see Jason posted a "no excuses" apology on Facebook. I though that was pretty respectable, though I'd would probably have been less forgiving if I'd travelled a long way.

My mate went to exchange his tickets for The Haunt date but late October seems an age away. I would rather a rearranged Albert evening. As for the apology- guess its all he could do really, was disappointing him not being there though.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Off to Later...With Jools Holland tomoz in Maidstone. Black Keys, Coldplay, Damon Albarn and others according to the website. Anyone ever been in the JH studio audience?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Off to Later...With Jools Holland tomoz in Maidstone. Black Keys, Coldplay, Damon Albarn and others according to the website. Anyone ever been in the JH studio audience?

You need to chat to Kevo. Pretty sure he went when British Sea Power were on a few years back.

Enjoy the evening- some pretty big names there.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Umberto - Outer Church night at Green Door Store this evening. Albumen, a little surprised it's not on your radar, you quite like your moody, synthy gear don't you?

https://www.facebook.com/events/622047824545285/

Also, this week's show features local types The Sticks and Adolescent as well as forthcoming gigees Bo Ningen, Dean Wareham (sort of) & Factory Floor

http://www.mixcloud.com/jamesmclarnon562/

Next week's is going to be a TGE special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here