Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The leaving early problem

I just don't understand anyone leaving early, never have, never will. You go to all the effort of leaving work early, buying tickets, getting to the ground etc etc. all to watch a 9/10th's of football game. The final whistle is when the game ends. Anything can happen at the end of a game..............this is the drama of football surely! What about the Doncaster game? I would have been gutted to leave early only to hear the cheers as i was settling into my train seat!

And yes it is getting worse. The amount of people that left after the second goal forced me to stand up just so i could watch the football being played in front of me..........ridiculous!

To all those that left early yesterday and the match's before that please don't bother coming again because not only does it spoil the atmosphere (and the view), i'll bet the players don't feel particularly motivated either.

END OF RANT

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
The people moaning about early leavers just done seem to understand how bad the train situation is.
I have to leave as soon as the added time board goes up so i can get home before 11 and if i waited for the 3 minutes added time that would delay me by at least an hour.
Improve the transport and there would be no reason to go early.
On another point the first train leaving for Lewes last night was around 21.54 almost 20 minutes after the game finished....very clever

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No - the fuss is about being a bad fan. The above was the only reason that I could think of!

But I don't get that either, just like I don't get the JCL, or "plastics" issue.

If someone is prepared to give up their hard-earned, and their time to turn up at Brighton games, boost our coffers and cheer the team on then they are fine by me. Why does EVERYONE have to fit in with this idea that we must ALL behave the same way, have the same sort of supporting history, and the same sort of gameday routine.

If someone likes the idea of getting off 5 mins before the end to catch an earlier (and quieter train) whose business is it other than theirs? There could be a multitude of reasons for doing it, and quite honestly, what made the rest of us judge and juror as to whether those reasons are valid?

Feckin' madness this place at times.

Btw - this is in no way a dig at you BeardyChops, as I get the impression you are as confused by this as me.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
On another point the first train leaving for Lewes last night was around 21.54 almost 20 minutes after the game finished....very clever

I'll take that, and raise you the 7.22 out of Brighton that hung around in the station until 7.35 waiting for another 3 carriages to arrive and join on teh front. That meant there wasn't a single train leaving Brighton Station for Falmer between 7.08 and 7.35, even though there was a train sat in the platform waiting to go.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
If someone likes the idea of getting off 5 mins before the end to catch an earlier (and quieter train) whose business is it other than theirs? There could be a multitude of reasons for doing it, and quite honestly, what made the rest of us judge and juror as to whether those reasons are valid?

Feckin' madness this place at times.

Exactly! Supporters can arrive and depart the stadium what ever time they wish to. Didn't realise there was a unwritten rule all supporters should obey when watching their team play in their home stadium.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Quite right. That Kevin Day jibe about the Amex being powered by self-righteousness is looking closer to the mark by the day.

I understand people wanting to save themselves an hour getting home at any ground. And especially ours. Not saying I'd always do it, but I understand it.

I noticed the Coldean street parking was much fuller for this game even than Leeds, several Palace fans in there too. I was there at 5.50pm, and you had to go a long way up. There were a lot of Palace boys behind me who started to get a bit more mouthy once they were well past the Hikers. Brave lads.

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
Chickens or Eggs... ? Customer retention has to be important to BHAFC's future!!! So let's help em get it right by giving feed back Eeh?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The people moaning about early leavers just done seem to understand how bad the train situation is.
I have to leave as soon as the added time board goes up so i can get home before 11 and if i waited for the 3 minutes added time that would delay me by at least an hour.
Improve the transport and there would be no reason to go early.

Piss poor excuse. Train or S bus back to Shoreham. It used to take me longer getting back from Withdean, than it ever has from the Amex, with the long wait for a train at Preston Park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here