Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The leaving early problem

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
against gillingham i waited til the final whistle, joined the queues for the trains along with everyone else, got into brighton at about 2032, missed the 2033 to london, had to wait til the 2310 and finally got home about 0230.

yesterday i left after 90 minutes, got into brighton at 2145, catching the 2149, and then home at 2310.

those few minutes make a BIG difference at the other end.

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
We left at 85 minutes, purely to be sure of getting on the first run of buses back to Mithras - usually stay to the very end, but no way we were going to be stranded at Amex considering the rather "heated" atmosphere.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
against gillingham i waited til the final whistle, joined the queues for the trains along with everyone else, got into brighton at about 2032, missed the 2033 to london, had to wait til the 2310 and finally got home about 0230.

yesterday i left after 90 minutes, got into brighton at 2145, catching the 2149, and then home at 2310.

those few minutes make a BIG difference at the other end.

This is a great point. Would people rather people in your position just didn't turn up at all for evening games, or turn up and cheer the team for 89 minutes and then head off? I know which one I'd rather you did

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Is it down to what's happening on the pitch in a game, or is it a consequence of how awkward the ground is to get away from? Particularly those who are looking to avoid the queues for the train.

It's a bit like the Emirates where they all leave early in the dash for the tube.

The trains were shit again lewes bound last night,i did not leave early but stayed to the end it hurt like hell.When i did get to the walkway to the train station only 1 train came lewes bound in 20 minutes.I did what i will do at all evening games from now on, i phoned the misses and she picked us up at the Falmer bus stop Job done.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I stayed til the end, had a beer in the ground afterwards, strolled down to the station, got on a train straight away.

Bully for you. That approach only works if a very small minority of people do it. Certainly for midweek games. If 20,000 people decided to do it, the result would be exactly the same transport carnage, only an hour later.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
WhatAFuckin!Shambles! We're only Makin it worse for ourselves apparently... Cos when the PoxyTransport,Parking,Pints,Pie's&
Poyet'sPatheticPassingPlonkers, have deserted us (mugs) there employers long (1hour) B4 & against Palarse Pikeys... ¿ we decide we might as well FuckOff! (back to Plymouth)aswell ... TWAT'S! :p
We don't want your appologies BHAFC, i've always been given to understand that you have to really care to apologise, but as YOUR! employers, we do want you to, as my boss would say, Fuckin Get On With it & stop Fuckin Whingeing at the the poor sods who have, long before & after you've gone, relatively speaking, given far more time, money & passion to OUR! beloved BHAFC! than you can shake a hairy stick at... !

Ps. I'm really angry now!

We are not their employers, - we are their customers.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
After seeing some neanderthals being lead out throughout the match by stewards I didn't stick around to see any more outside the ground. I didn't even stop to check who scored the 3rd, I just saw the cheers and left (home in 14 mins on the pedal horse).

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
WhatAFuckin!Shambles! We're only Makin it worse for ourselves apparently... Cos when the PoxyTransport,Parking,Pints,Pie's&
Poyet'sPatheticPassingPlonkers, have deserted us (mugs) there employers long (1hour) B4 & against Palarse Pikeys... ¿ we decide we might as well FuckOff! (back to Plymouth)aswell ... TWAT'S! :p
We don't want your appologies BHAFC, i've always been given to understand that you have to really care to apologise, but as YOUR! employers, we do want you to, as my boss would say, Fuckin Get On With it & stop Fuckin Whingeing at the the poor sods who have, long before & after you've gone, relatively speaking, given far more time, money & passion to OUR! beloved BHAFC! than you can shake a hairy stick at... !

Errr.. Bless you.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Purely transport.

At Withdean never left early.

At Falmer, we're not going to waste masses of time waiting for buses or trains.

brightonbutterfly

Feb 18, 2009
Southwick
Was it a coincidence that last night there were two number 25 buses at the bus stop, when last week we waited 45 mins to get on one? Were B&H buses asked to sort things out to try and prevent a build up of frustrated fans as per last week? (Let's hope so and hope this will be a regular thing, not as I suspect, a one off).
We (myself, 13yo&11yo) never leave before the end even though eve games are a pain getting home from on a school night.

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
I've left every evening game early because it saves 45 minutes to an hour on the journey home - which makes a big difference when you need to be up at 4.30am for work the next day. That is the overriding factor when you have a stadium that is so reliant on public transport

D

Deleted member 18477

haha you've got to be some sort of traveler? you clearly know english words but no one can understand a fuckin thing you say!

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Cool, another thread on the mass exodus. I really think it's all been said: shite travel, chance of aggro and a poor performance led to the walkout. I don't think it makes you more or less a fan if you left a few minutes before the end and personally feel we should all be united in our support for our great club.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I never like to leave games early – anyone remember those two goals Steve Sidwell scored against Burnley that season??
However as I commute down from London for evening games, I try and leave bang on 90 minutes and then leg it to the Falmer train station, hoping to get a decent a train back to London.
Last night after Judas scored I made a quick exit, I didn’t fancy hanging around Falmer Train station for three or four trains to be loaded up. I managed to get back into Brighton for the 22:00 to LDN Victoria. If I had left after the final whistle, queue to get out of the block and then queue at Falmer Train station I probably would have ended up getting the 11:05 LDN train....which then gets me back to North London for 12:30am – not ideal on a school night!

Even Wembley has the same problem for midweek games, practically a third of the stadium disperses around 85 minute mark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here