Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The league cup

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My tickert was £13.50 for the south stand.

Not a bad price at all considering paint pots is usually a tenner anyway.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I drove past Villa Park again the other day. I've ALWAYS wanted to go there.
If we could just, for once, get through these poxy early rounds and get a draw like that, then I'd be BOUNCING.
I'VE seen Brighton play there! It was a midweek game, we lost 4-1 having gone a goal up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
plus the fact it could give a massive pay day

most ridiculous thread i've ever laid my sorry eyes upon
that is CLEARLY a load of shit. Firstly as pointed out, the chances are that it will NOT be a massive pay day. Secondly, you're talking bollocks and you're only saying that because I chastised you because you asked a ridiculous question yesterday. People are guessing a crowd of about 2,000 for the Barnet game which proves no-one gives a shit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Adults from £12.50. Bleedin' hell do you want the ticket for free? :shrug:
Blimey! I stand corrected. I still don't care about the competition though, and will be well f***ed off a key player gets injured in this shit competition.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
If it gives teams like Tottenham a day of feeling special and good at football, then I'm all for it. It gives them false hope to the squad and all their fans that they may one day break the big 4.

I love all the optimism it brings, which at the end of the day will end the same as it always does and a mid table finish

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'VE seen Brighton play there! It was a midweek game, we lost 4-1 having gone a goal up.

That must have been early to mid 80's then ? I can't recall us playing Villa in the last 20 years at least.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I give enough of a shit to be going tonight, mainly to see the new boys. I quite enjoy watching games where, for a change, it doesn't matter THAT much if we lose, unlike league games, say.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That must have been early to mid 80's then ? I can't recall us playing Villa in the last 20 years at least.
Yeah, it was about 1980 from memory. I think it was the year Villa won the league (the win against us took them top) but I can't remember.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The attendance guessing thread got me thing, why bother with this competition? Because let's face it, it's shit.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the PAINT POT. A real chance of a Wembley appearance plus cheap entry = attractive competition. But as far as the league cup goes, I really couldn't give a shit. The top four clubs don't t care about the competition except that in hindsight they might be able to say they won that elusive quadruple (Champs League, Prem, FA Cup, League Cup). But even then, they'll have played their reserve team which will have taken the gloss off any potential giant killing for the rest of us anyway.

It's only teams like Villa, Man City, Everton and Spurs who ought to take it seriously. However, prices for this competition remain quite high, and at Brighton's level it's not as if we've really got much of a chance of getting to the final, is it? So sod the Barnet game. I'll save my cash for the first round paint pot match against Aldershot AND the second round match at The Den. :thumbsup:

Have to agree with that.I'm a fan of the JPT as well.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I drove past Villa Park again the other day. I've ALWAYS wanted to go there.
If we could just, for once, get through these poxy early rounds and get a draw like that, then I'd be BOUNCING.

Good call.

If we got drawn away to Villa, I would be so excited that I might wee myself a little bit.

:drool:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I think it was at Villa Park that we had the opportunity to go into the top 3 under Mike Bailey but we lost and never again reached the lofty heights of 6th which is where I think we were before the game.

These could be senile ramblings of a failing memory though

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I like the league cup as there is always the chance of a big team just round the corner.
Brighton v Wolves was a goody before 33 thousand fans at the Goldstone in 1970

Its just as imprtant as the FA cup in my opinion to teams like us as its not as if we are going to win either.

Simster you are starting too many threads and are running out of ideas aren`t you ?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
who won this competiton again?!

barney

Jul 31, 2006
that is CLEARLY a load of shit. Firstly as pointed out, the chances are that it will NOT be a massive pay day. Secondly, you're talking bollocks and you're only saying that because I chastised you because you asked a ridiculous question yesterday. People are guessing a crowd of about 2,000 for the Barnet game which proves no-one gives a shit.

what are you talking about? what ridiculous question??

someone said earlier the ticket shop said around 4000 had sold.

the chances are that it won't be? how? if we win, draw a decent side, could get a good pay day.. win again, draw a big team, then there is the pay day..

do you not follow that simple logic??

you're talking shit, look at your first post. you started a rant talking about prices being high still.. they're around ten pound cheaper than a league ticket, and comparable to paint pot prices which you rave about.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
what are you talking about? what ridiculous question??

someone said earlier the ticket shop said around 4000 had sold.

the chances are that it won't be? how? if we win, draw a decent side, could get a good pay day.. win again, draw a big team, then there is the pay day..

do you not follow that simple logic??

you're talking shit, look at your first post. you started a rant talking about prices being high still.. they're around ten pound cheaper than a league ticket, and comparable to paint pot prices which you rave about.

for the First time ever, i agree with Barney:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here