Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Rather than putting your, sadly usual, trolling emoji on the Alan Duncan speech, would you care to address his points ?

It may be better to leave the thread otherwise as entrenched political perspective with no reasoned argument (defaulting to accusations of racism is not reasoned argument) helps not in good debate.

Thank you.

Regarding the aol chappy I don't think he'll be leaving the thread anytime soon. This is the Labour Government thread after all and thoughts like his are prevalent within.

He also has an audience...... and some people actually like what he spouts.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not sure I quite get the connection between boat arrivals and Corbyn/Starmer vote levels?
5920_per-capita-consumption-of-margarine_correlates-with_the-divorce-rate-in-maine_mobile.svg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If I may. Because he refused to call for a ceasefire in Gaza. It's how he managed to lose seats to pro-Palestinian Independents and indeed ensured the return of your nemesis Jeremy Corbyn to Parliament.

You will never convince me that a man who could stand by and watch thousands of innocent children being slaughtered and not say "stop that" is made of stern stuff.

Starmer DOES now have traction with "Bibi". He has the power to instruct government departments not to sign another licence to export arms to the extreme right-wing State of Israel. (Don't worry, he won't)
I suspect Starmer will certainly not sign any more arms export deals with Israel. Watch the relevant space.

That of course still won't have any traction with Bibi.

I don't need virtue signaling from the leader of the opposition. And why queer the pitch with Bibi by siding with the Palestinians early doors? We have masses of left wingers, Corbynisters and other people I have never heard of to to that.

On the whole I think it is too early to start badmouthing Starmer about his spine. I will leave that to those who are desperate to get the tories back in. Or Farage.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No connection at all. Just 2 facts I read today that I thought were interesting and that surprised me
The Corbyn fact keeps getting trotted out.
It isn't anywhere near as odd when you take into account:
  1. Reform did not stand in 2019
  2. Tactical voting was far less prevalent in 2019 - Many labour voters lent their votes to the Lib Dems to get the Tories out.
  3. The turn out was much lower in 2024. Corbyn's 10m vote was 32% of the electorate , Starmer's 9m votes was 33.7% .

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Is that supposed to be a positive or a negative thing?

I'd not like to be dealing with the situation in the middle east. Labour have committed to the idea of a two state solution, even though it doesn't appear workable given Hamas' one state/no Jews position.

Last edited:

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I thought Labour were anti-semitic?

My opinion is I don't think Luke Akehurst (he who has been found a safe seat and parachuted in to North Durham as a Labour MP and self proclaimed Zionist ShitLord) is too fond of Jews.

I think he treats Jewish people with contempt.

I'll leave it to those who are Jewish to say whether they find that anti-semitic.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
error, brain using Crowstrike.

Last edited:

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
And 50% of refugees remain long term term unemployed do they not?

The ones that do not work are a financial burden.

They are not the solution.

What proportion of those are children (in full time education) and what proportion are past retirement age? Then we can talk percentages.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just 2 weeks after the general election and serious disorder breaks out in an English town . Sir Kier needs to convince the community that the Police are still in control of the streets otherwise they might as well be disbanded

Riots are nothing new in the UK. They happen from time to time.

Unless you want a group of police response vans on very street corner they will still flair up now and then.

'Just 2 weeks after the general election and serious disorder breaks out in an English town'

Sounds like something out of The Express. Wouldn't have happened 15 days ago... :ROFLMAO:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Just 2 weeks after the general election and serious disorder breaks out in an English town . Sir Kier needs to convince the community that the Police are still in control of the streets otherwise they might as well be disbanded

Pops in to have a look at the thread, sees posts like this and then runs off as fast as possible.
penelope-pitstop-wacky-race.gif
I mean, honestly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here