Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Such a shame that Rory Stewart left the Tory party - he had just started to actually do something about the prison situation when he walked.
But do you believe he would have been able to make the necessary changes in that party?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Perhaps bang up less people in prison.
Many of those inside have chronic addictions and society as a whole would be better served if we had proper rehab facilities for them instead of locking them up without any thought given to try and rehabilitate them.
Said this many times before but Heroin needs to be on the NHS and addiction managed. The amount of 'petty' crime that would disappear would be staggering, save money that could be used for addiction services etc.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Is he on @Harry Wilson's tackle ignore list yet?

I'm not completely convinced @Right Brain Ronnie is @Is it PotG?

The account was actually set up in February and then sat on till then end of March when he had a very short discussion with Harry on a thread on Autism and Neurodiversity. Then nothing was posted again for months until the day before the election (coincidently the very same day POTG disappeared) when it suddenly sprang to life with loads of posts (some coincidentally on the exact same threads as POTG).

They then seemed to forget the character and posted a few POTG style 'witless one liners'

No doubt Keir will be "smashing the gangs" already, I expect immigration to all but stop by day 100.
There will be no messing with those gang smashers.

Off course he will call a bank holiday, remember as our prime minister he is more than happy to knock off at 6pm himself.
At a guess I think he might give tool makers a couple of days off.

We could be on to another 5 Years of hell, with flipperty flopperty slipperty Starmer then.:dunky:

Now that's a large number of coincidences I'll admit, but I didn't think that POTG was enough of a **** to think, on setting up a new account "I know what I'll do first, I'll go and wind someone up who has been very open about the neurodiversity issues they've had", do you ???

Last edited:

Me Atome

Mar 10, 2024
I'd accept all the criticism of the Tory governments' inaction over the prison capacity problems. They seem to have done f all about it, and it's been going on for years.

But for Starmer and Cooper to now be saying they didn't realise the extent of the problem? Really? What planet have they been living on?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'd accept all the criticism of the Tory governments' inaction over the prison capacity problems. They seem to have done f all about it, and it's been going on for years.

But for Starmer and Cooper to now be saying they didn't realise the extent of the problem? Really? What planet have they been living on?
Slightly different I think.

Starmer had it was even worse than he expected.

He now has full access to the data and home office expertise who are letting him know exactly how bad the situation is

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill

He now has full access to the data and home office expertise who are letting him know exactly how bad the situation is
Agree and not blaming Labour here at all but I'm surprised leader of the opposition and cabinet weren't in possession or at least able to access these figures especially as I think the shadows met with civil servants for their prospective departments before the election. It's a shit show either way but I hope they fix properly instead of diluting sentencing guidelines further in the long term.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
I'm not completely convinced @Right Brain Ronnie is @Is it PotG?

The account was actually set up in February and then sat on till then end of March when he had a very short discussion with Harry on a thread on Autism and Neurodiversity. Then nothing was posted again for months until the day before the election (coincidently the very same day POTG disappeared) when it suddenly sprang to life with loads of posts (some coincidentally on the exact same threads as POTG).

They then seemed to forget the character and posted a few POTG style 'witless one liners'

Now that's a large number of coincidences I'll admit, but I don't think that POTG was enough of a **** to think, on setting up a new account "I know what I'll do first, I'll go and wind someone up who has been very open about the neurodiversity issues they've had", do you ???
Your clearly one very sad and lonely man. There is a life beyond, it might be worth exploring it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Agree and not blaming Labour here at all but I'm surprised leader of the opposition and cabinet weren't in possession or at least able to access these figures especially as I think the shadows met with civil servants for their prospective departments before the election. It's a shit show either way but I hope they fix properly instead of diluting sentencing guidelines further in the long term.

The shadows meet with the civil servants but only so they know who they are possibly working with and to try to understand one another so they can hit the ground day 1. All Government information that isn't in the public domain is only ever available to the Government and not the opposition. The first time they will have seen the detail is last Friday.

And rightly so :thumbsup:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Your clearly one very sad and lonely man. There is a life beyond, it might be worth exploring it.

5 Mins on NSC looking at your post history. And now you're trying to blame me for you being stupid and making it so obvious :laugh:

And that was particularly nasty, that initial interchange with @Harry Wilson's tackle. Even I gave you a thumbs up for it as a supposed new poster at the time :wanker:

Maybe take some time out to get yourself back into this new character and remember who you're meant to be posting as :facepalm:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

difficult to buy that line, they objected to the same policy a few months ago, and complained about prisons not being built too. this isn't a surprise issue. like many other issues, government departments publish a lot of information regularly, usually only a few months out of date, thats too dull to get reported on.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I’ve just read back on your posts to this thread - nearly all attacking Labour and the PM with one liners without much engagement in the actual discussion of the issues (or maybe deliberately trolling the thread?). I’m not defending anyone accusing people of having multiple accounts etc but perhaps dial back the anti-Starmer rhetoric a bit and give the Government a chance to actually implement some change.

I don’t think they are doing too bad so far - clearly the prisons are in crisis, housing is in crisis, the NHS is in crisis - it’s not going to improve overnight or maybe not in the next 12-18 months - this is like buying a house then not realising until you actually move in what a mess the previous occupants left and how many things don’t actually work properly or are broken.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perhaps bang up less people in prison.
Many of those inside have chronic addictions and society as a whole would be better served if we had proper rehab facilities for them instead of locking them up without any thought given to try and rehabilitate them.
Precisely.

And innate mental health problems. And appalling socialization at home.

There are many linked inventive interventionist ways of addressing much of this. It would cost money, but save money in the long term.

But sadly too many voters don't want a penny piece 'spent on criminals' as they see the problem. Three to a cell? Four to a cell? That would be a better deterrent surely, so criminality will fall? Like Rwanda, and standing on Seaford beach with a pitch fork.

It will take time but hopefully labour will grasp the nettle. I gather that the leader may know a bit about the criminal justice system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here