Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
I watched some of it and stopped when she said you didn’t hear phrases like lefty scum being used in the past. You did from the last government. Load of bollocks like said. Exactly what you’d expect from TalkTv
Please remind me as I didn't hear that said?

I do recall Rayner calling Tory ministers "a bunch of scum" and described the prime minister as a "racist, homophobic misogynist".

How she ever stayed in the party is beggars belief, talk about stoking, she is one evil woman.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Did you watch it all? as you responded in just 5 mins.

She has put across very fair points, like I say most reform voters feel. Starmer needs to fix his language fast. I wonder why his popularity has plummeted? It's not rocket science.

For the record I didn't vote last time, as I underestimated reforms popularity, I know many who done the same and who will put their X next to Reform next time around. Reform is now the real working class party of the UK.
Your dyslexia appears to have been mysteriously cured.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
I think reversing it was as much to do with simple humanity and the desire not to continue with an illegal provision, so the financial 'investment' as you put it wasn't really a factor. It was also a manifesto commitment.
It may well have been, but the manifesto perhaps should have been thought about more, and the country should have come first. This was his first major mistake imo.
Let's hope he keeps to all his other manifesto promises then.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Ah Talk TV. Yet another right-wing media channel.

I honestly believe that if all sides were fairly represented in the media, the right-wing in this country would be toast.
Right of centre maybe, way off being far right though, wouldn't you agree?

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008

She has put across very fair points, like I say most reform voters feel. Starmer needs to fix his language fast. I wonder why his popularity has plummeted? It's not rocket science.

For the record I didn't vote last time, as I underestimated reforms popularity, I know many who done the same and who will put their X next to Reform next time around. Reform is now the real working class party of the UK.
The real working class party?

Nigel Farage is a public schoolboy, commodities trading multi millionaire
Richard Tice is a public schoolboy, property management company multi millionaire
Rupert Lowe is a public schoolboy, investment banking & care home multi millionaire
Lee Anderson believes the working class can feed themselves for 30p a day and supports conspiracy theories when he’s not jumping from one party to another.
James McMurdock is a convicted criminal who assaulted a woman and former investment banker.

Real working class party my arse. It’s not even a party, it’s a limited company where any profits go to the shareholders…Nigel Farage and Richard Tice.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Who deleted the canned laughter?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Richard Tice is a public schoolboy, property management company multi millionaire
Rupert Lowe is a public schoolboy, investment banking & care home multi millionaire
Lee Anderson believes the working class can feed themselves for 30p a day and supports conspiracy theories when he’s not jumping from one party to another.
James McMurdock is a convicted criminal who assaulted a woman and former investment banker.

Real working class party my arse. It’s not even a party, it’s a limited company where any profits go to the shareholders…Nigel Farage and Richard Tice.
Well, exactly ^

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North

After watching can you see what millions on the streets are thinking now?

Okay so Nigel is a millionaire working man, isn't that what Keir classes himself as?

But Nigel is a man that can communicate with people at all levels, Dave in the Pub to world leaders. He is a true statesman.

Keir imo is so far out of touch with reality, Farage isn't.

One thing that does excite me about labours manifesto is ditching those touts, I layed awake at night for years worrying about them. How they have ruined my life.

I had to pay an extra tenner through Timmy the tout for watching a tribute band called Right said Freda, gutted as they didn't even play an encore.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Apologies for being a bit thick, but how can reporting a national news story come under such a banner?
Sorry to butt in but I now know the definition of a troll, it means you're a right based poster, change your position and it's all hunky dory.
It's called one tier trolling.👍

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The theory about Rwanda is that these immigrants (who remember are coming from France, not a third world dictatorship) wouldn't want to come if they thought they might be sent off to Rwanda. Which may or may not have worked, we will never know. (It worked for Australia.)

Weird twist - £300m on a deterrent that was doomed to failure - in part because the asylum seekers that would be sent there are not a hypothetical group but are already in the UK awaiting their claims to be processed.

They maybe crossing the Channel in from France but they are not French refugees, they are asylum seekers from Albania, Afghanistan, Syria, the Sudan, Eritrea and Iran largely.

The truth of why Asylum seekers don’t settle in France is because of:
  • the rise of the far right in France
  • they are treated very poorly at the hands of the French police ( which forces them into the hands of the smugglers)
  • only 25% of applications are successful ( cf 70% in UK)
  • they already have family members in the UK

The ‘truth’ (not theory) of Rwanda Plan was it was an overly expensive for the numbers it could accommodate and an inhumane response to asylum seekers - many of whom have fled ethnic conflicts and are psychologically traumatised.

Sending victims of war-torn Countries and or ethnic cleansing to a Country with genocide in its recent history, that has internal tribal conflicts, whose government commits war crimes and human rights abuses against anyone that speaks out against them was ill-conceived.

The Rwanda Plan was contrary to international human rights law and our own human rights legislation.

The reality is the Rwanda Plan was only ‘legitimised’ because the Tory government artificially constructed a work-around by re-designating Rwanda as a ‘safe’ Country.

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The key there is "entitled". Many don't realise they are entitled so don't claim pension credit so won't get the heating allowance. It needs publicity to encourage claims from those who should get it but don't.
There has been some publicity. Anyone reading NSC must know about it by now,

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

this is the breakdown of Reform voters (source analysis)

Sex
Female 42%
Male 58%
25-44 yrs old 23%
45-64 yrs olds 38%
65 years+ 39%
Social Class
AB 36%
C1 22%
C2 23%
DE 19%

spread acrosss the social-economic groups, not particularly working class then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The theory about Rwanda is that these immigrants (who remember are coming from France, not a third world dictatorship) wouldn't want to come if they thought they might be sent off to Rwanda. Which may or may not have worked, we will never know. (It worked for Australia.)
Australia does not fly migrants to Africa.

"For over a decade, Australia has employed tough border protection policies. Since 2013, the Australian navy has been ordered to tow or turn away migrant boats trying to reach Australia. The policy is called Operation Sovereign Borders and has the support of both major parties in Canberra."

The nearest neighbour is Papua New Guinea. Somewhat easier to bully, and with whom to disregard any possible trade consequences than, er, France and the rest of the EU.

And the boats coming to Australia were Bigguns. It is 150 miles from the nearest neighbour, not 20. No little dinghies. And no Albanian middle men.

In fact everything about the Australia situation is completely different from ours.

I suppose we could just drag the dinghies into the middle of the channel, but we haven't yet embraced state murder.

You narrative is adrift in windless waters :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
this is the breakdown of Reform voters (source analysis)

Sex
Female 42%
Male 58%
25-44 yrs old 23%
45-64 yrs olds 38%
65 years+ 39%
Social Class
AB 36%
C1 22%
C2 23%
DE 19%

spread acrosss the social-economic groups, not particularly working class then.
Interesting. No under 24s. That's pleasing!

Nearly 40% over 65! I would imagine these are the curtain-twitching ABs.

They say we get more rightwing as we get older, regardless of social class....

(I will hold up my hand to that. Age has destroyed my appetite for left wing radicalism, and now I'm reduced to being a >65 year old Labour member and staunch Starmer supporter.

My apologies to all young people for letting you, and all your hopes and dreams, down).

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here