Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
This is illustrative of my point. @nevergoagain has been on here for about 20 years, yet there wasn't a peep about Johnson redecorating Downing St, and how that was funded.
That's because I don't really give a toss. What I don't like is people trying to make out that this is all OK and proper when they would have been squealing like a stuck pig if it had been a tory last year. My entire point has been that they ARE all the same.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That's because I don't really give a toss. What I don't like is people trying to make out that this is all OK and proper when they would have been squealing like a stuck pig if it had been a tory last year. My entire point has been that they ARE all the same.
That's fine and you should be provided with the space aka a thread to do so. I just find that posters can provide useful information and interpretations on political developments, and would rather not have to trawl through a volume of posts from those that are quite clearly anti-Labour.
I do appreciate that policing that will be very difficult for mods.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
That's fine and you should be provided with the space aka a thread to do so. I just find that posters can provide useful information and interpretations on political developments, and would rather not have to trawl through a volume of posts from those that are quite clearly anti-Labour.
I do appreciate that policing that will be very difficult for mods.
Fair point. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy debating various issues that have a political slant and yes I fully admit I don't like labour (or anyone at the moment) and I try to be open and fair when discussing properly. I shall try and keep my red army bashing to the meltdown thread from now though.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Such a shame. I started this thread then Zeberdi hijacked it and got his polital thread merged with mine about how people are feeling.

Here's where the thread started:

'I just thought it would be interesting to have one thread for how life has has improved or otherwise for us under Labour over the next 5 years.'

Personally, with the removal of the WFA from a lot of retireds, especially disabled souls, for a small saving overall, the dice was thrown. Sure, I can do without it, but listening on the radio to how some will suffer, it's a heartless tragedy. For me, I'm genuinely anxious about what this government will do next. They have deliberately filled the electorate with dread for a doomsday budget. I'm certainly dreading it and that's how I'm feeling.

Reactions: abc

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Are there no longer any independant people to deal with Sue Gray who did the slagging off about partygate was rewarded with senior position in Labour Party and just seen the person who produced the damming report of NHS is an ex Labour minister. Civil service is supposed to give independant view but was told today by someone who has a senior managers position with civil service that several very senior people have left and replaced by Labour supporters.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Fair point. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy debating various issues that have a political slant and yes I fully admit I don't like labour (or anyone at the moment) and I try to be open and fair when discussing properly. I shall try and keep my red army bashing to the meltdown thread from now though.
Fine, and thanks for taking my initial response the right way: I wasn't meaning to make an example of you, merely as an illustration of a wider development.
There are some really interesting contributions but they can get lost amongst a lot of activity. As just one example, @Bry Nylon shared some inside info about Sue Gray, and lo and behold, I've just heard Chris Mason on WatO talking about a leak from inside the government about her salary.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’ll be brutally honest, i think most of the cheerleaders have run for cover 😂😂😂
Odd, isn't it? In light of this, Bozza has me asked to come in early tomorrow to pop the following emojies into storage for the time being:

:wink: :dunce: :shrug: :laugh: and not forgetting :facepalm:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Odd, isn't it? In light of this, Bozza has me asked to come in early tomorrow to pop the following emojies into storage for the time being:

:wink: :dunce: :shrug: :laugh: and not forgetting :facepalm:
IMG_1724.jpeg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There are some really interesting contributions but they can get lost amongst a lot of activity. As just one example, @Bry Nylon shared some inside info about Sue Gray, and lo and behold, I've just heard Chris Mason on WatO talking about a leak from inside the government about her salary.
Which is baffling, considering the government mantra seems to be 'what's discussed in Cabinet stays in Cabinet'' (Well, according to the WhatsApp group that half the Front Bench use to gossip about Cabinet business and colleagues, it is).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Such a shame. I started this thread then Zeberdi hijacked it and got his polital thread merged with mine about how people are feeling.

Here's where the thread started:

'I just thought it would be interesting to have one thread for how life has has improved or otherwise for us under Labour over the next 5 years.'

Personally, with the removal of the WFA from a lot of retireds, especially disabled souls, for a small saving overall, the dice was thrown. Sure, I can do without it, but listening on the radio to how some will suffer, it's a heartless tragedy. For me, I'm genuinely anxious about what this government will do next. They have deliberately filled the electorate with dread for a doomsday budget. I'm certainly dreading it and that's how I'm feeling.
We’re a few months in. Tough times ahead, tough decisions ahead. It’s not doomsday it’s just reality.

The country kept voting Tory again and again, things should get better but it’s going to be a long haul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here