Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] The Kitchen Draw of Chaos.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's the Tupperware drawer for me. Full of various takeaway containers of marginally different sizes. Absolute chaos. It's very stressful, but how on earth are you meant to organise it.

I've tried a few times, but when you stack them all into neat piles, a) you can still never find the right lid, and b) whatever system you try is usually messed up within a few days when some idiot (sometimes my wife, usually me) puts a box or lid in the wrong place.

I'm pretty sure half of the boxes we have in the drawer don't even have a lid that matches now anyway.

There is a cupboard in our kitchen that tupperware falls out of every time you open the door.

I would happily take the time to sort it and dispose of surplus items but I understand that would be an indirect criticism of my wife's ability to manage the kitchen. The same goes for the pickle / spice cupboard, the bakery cupboard and the man drawer. All are permanently rammed with contents, some older than my youngest child of 12.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As soon as I saw the thread title and before opening it I thought "fuse wire" and I was not dissappointed.

Has anyone, ever (electricians excepted) deployed fuse wire?

Hands up . . . when its cold, my 3HP compressor ( which is outside it an acoustic shed) used to blow a fuse. I hard wired the plug with 15 amp wire instead of 13 amp. always starts now, and doesn't trip anything

the whole road dims for 3 seconds. I am the Chevy Chase of Central Shoreham. :lolol:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Whoa, whoa, WHOA!

The drawer / cupboard you are referring to is a completely separate disaster zone to [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] 's drawer.

Cuoboard?! No way am I stacking tupperwares in a cupboard, just to be smothered in an AVALANCHE of plastic lids every time I open it. Sheer lunacy.

I do apologise for the confusion of drawers though. We do also have one that fits Stat's description, but I tend to only open it to squeeze something else in that I never intend to look at again.

In fact I've just checked - a local council bin recycling guide, a Chinese takeaway menu, a ton of other paperwork squeezed in that can almost certainly be recycled, and a completely useless set of old keys and lock from when we had our locks changed.

Last edited:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
There is a cupboard in our kitchen that tupperware falls out of every time you open the door.

I would happily take the time to sort it and dispose of surplus items but I understand that would be an indirect criticism of my wife's ability to manage the kitchen. The same goes for the pickle / spice cupboard, the bakery cupboard and the man drawer. All are permanently rammed with contents, some older than my youngest child of 12.

I know exactly how you feel. We have a massive jar of chilli powder that I'm pretty sure is over 10 years old, completely justified of course because of how much more economical it was to buying a small jar. Oh, and because it meant she got to put it in a nice clip top jar with a label. Nevermind that it's still over half full.

Still packs a punch though to be fair.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Cuoboard?! No way am I stacking tupperwares in a cupboard, just to be smothered in an AVALANCHE of plastic lids every time I open it. Sheer lunacy.

I do apologise for the confusion of drawers though. We do also have one that fits Stat's description, but I tend to only open it to squeeze something else in that I never intend to look at again.

In fact I've just checked - a local council bin recycling guide, a Chinese takeaway menu, a ton of other paperwork squeezed in that can almost certainly be recycled, and a completely useless set of old keys and lock from when we had our locks changed.

Ah yes, we have a tub full of keys, mostly spares for lock ups, bike locks, padlocks, and stuff that has probably been recycled twice since!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Who the hell keeps a magnum in their kitchen drawer ?

Attachments

• IMG_20220106_105347_875_2.jpg
    IMG_20220106_105347_875_2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
What kind of lame ass draw of doom is that? It's no where near full enough and clearly will almost never get stuck shut necessitating some jiggery pokery with a spatula to get open.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
That's one of the tidiest Drawers of Chaos I've ever seen. No candles, no boxes of drawing pins or even any foreign coins.

When we had a new kitchen fitted, we emptied the existing drawer into a bag. It stayed in the cupboard under the stairs (another black hole of terror) for about a year and a half before I just thew the whole lot away.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On a far greater scale than that, we’ve got a large garage of semi chaos. So much ‘stuff’ gathered over 23 years of owning homes.

I’m usually an organised and tidy person, but just can’t be arsed with it. It’ll take quite a bit of money to sort it out properly with a load of heavy duty shelving and then containers for an array of different fixings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What kind of lame ass draw of doom is that? It's no where near full enough and clearly will almost never get stuck shut necessitating some jiggery pokery with a spatula to get open.

I was hoping to inspire others to show us theirs.

Only now I fear they will be overstuffed just so the poster can appear 'cool' in front of the rest of the class.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
In fairness to Stat Brother and his homophonic haze, as an Albion fan it's hard to avoid draws.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here