Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
He can **** right off after the last shambles. I'd rather Micky Adams mkIII

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Not sure about the fascination of ANY continental ex player as manager. Do you guys not like the idea of a manager with a bit of experience? Would Paulo Sousa fit the bill?

What about Dowie, track record of getting teams promoted, you may then need to upgrade if you do get to the prem for 2014/15 though.

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
I'd like to see us go for Roberto Martinez, plays a style of football close to what we are playing now and has a good track record. If Reading is seen as a more attractive option for Gus than us at the moment, then I'm sure we in turn would be a more attractive proposition than Wigan. Even more so if they were to be relegated this season as it looks like they will be.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
I'd like to see us go for Roberto Martinez, plays a style of football close to what we are playing now and has a good track record. If Reading is seen as a more attractive option for Gus than us at the moment, then I'm sure we in turn would be a more attractive proposition than Wigan. Even more so if they were to be relegated this season as it looks like they will be.

Really?? Delusions of grandeur I feel.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
If he leaves, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would be my suggestion as successor. However, I don't think he will be checking out at this juncture, not for a job that wouldn't be a forward step in any event.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Tony Bloom was at a Fans Forum last week.
He faced quite a few questions on how he wanted the club to be run and he mentioned how much he respected WBA (playing budget control, debts under control and still maintain premiership status).
As Di Matteo managed them he would know about working within these contraints whilst still gaining promotion.
Tony Bloom also said that the style of play currently within the Club is how he wanted it to remain and any replacement Manager would already have the expererience of playing to that style.
He said he had contacts throughout the football community and the club was already aware of Managers around the globe not just in this country.
Personally, Solkjaer and Enrique (in view of the Spanish connections) light my fire.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
maybe just me but I really feel that as a club we have moved on from managers like karl robinson and eddie howe. Good yes, but with the experience and contacts to manage an upwardly mobile, hopefully premiership bound football club with a multi national playing staff and a distinct playing style. And would these types of names be able to keep the likes of Spanish dave and ulloa happy.

The club should and I am sure will aim high should poyet go.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
As already mentioned on here Luis Enrique would fit the bill very well and is currently out of work. Whether he would come here is a whole different matter

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Claudio Ranieri - he 's already managed Vicente and signed Wayne Bridge for Chelsea, so it's not as if the players don't know him........

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here