Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Home Kit

kirsty952002

Oct 4, 2003
Eastbourne
Ok My ' 3 week old' home kit has started to, how do I put it .......... It's ummm unraveling!!!! my poor black seagull has started to become none existant!!! what do I do??? I've washed and dried it at the right temps etc. I am in the right mind to get a replacement??? :censored:

Please let us know your thoughts etc.

has it happened to anyone else????

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not yet but there again I only bought it on Saturday! ???

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Take it back to the shop & tell/show them whats going on. They're nice people in there so I wouldn't be surprised if they replace it. A friend of mine (and contributor to this glorious website) had a problem where the 'SKINT' was peeling off and they replaced hers so you'll probably be ok

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I have heard some negative things about the quality of the new shirts i must admit. Still, I only got mine today so the proof of the pudding will be in the eating...

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I was going to get a new home shirt but they sound really really CHEAP

kirsty952002

Oct 4, 2003
Eastbourne
ahhhhhhhh i'm soz if i've put you off buying um, its just that this happened with the other home shirt but i didnt bother cause the new shirt ws coming out!!!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
One half inch thread hanging from the black seagull on my shirt but otherwise it looks OK after one wash. I will keep you all informed of developments.

:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not for me - the new kit gets a massive thumbs down and won't be in the Hut household

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Del Boy said:
why do you want the new shirt anyway? IMHO it is CRAP. It looks cheap!

Why do I now feel as if I have wasted my money?

???

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
samparish said:
Still, I only got mine today so the proof of the pudding will be in the eating...

:clap2: :clap2: classic!

theres only one sam parish! incidentally, the seagull on my away kit went brown

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Scotty M said:
:clap2: :clap2: classic!

theres only one sam parish! incidentally, the seagull on my away kit went brown

Actually I thought it was a rather shockingly bad use of that particularly well-worn cliche, but I guess some people are easily pleased:)

I'd also be careful who you tell about that brown seagull, it's not exactly gonna do our homosexual reputation any good. Mind you I guess people in Burgess Hill will respect you for wearing something that wasn't stolen from the local Oxfam.

**Apologies in advance to anyone from Burgess Hill, especially if they are tall, muscular and in a big gang with bike chains or something. I am of course making sweeping and most probably wildly inaccurate generalisations, mainly as an insult towards Scott, who went to school at scummy Oakmeeds. Where some good friends of mine also went**

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
silky1 said:
Will be pleasantly surprised if the Skint logo doesn't start to crack and peel after a few washes!

Bound to be a few ironing traumas also. Ain't got the shirt myself, but if I did I just KNOW that based on past experience any attempt at ironing would end up with half the SKINT logo smeared across the front and the other half welded to the iron. Try taking THAT one back to the shop... :ohmy:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
The excuse for the previous "new shirts" from Errea being late was that it was because the club wanted to make sure the quality was 100%. The sponsers logo was part of the shirt print and not just stuck on and the stripes would line up neatly at the seams.

It will be a disaster for the club if in a few months hundreds of shirts are returned with peeling labels, dodgy stiching, etc. The quality of this seasons the new kit is pretty poor. It looks cheap with no little attention to detail and finsh. I think it is time to ditch Errea and get another manufacture invovled.

Is there not to be a new away kit sometime this year. The red and black kits are now out of date so what is the third choice colour?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Superseagull said:

Is there not to be a new away kit sometime this year. The red and black kits are now out of date so what is the third choice colour?
apparently not , probably just use the old black one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here