Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The GUY BUTTERS Fans' Appreciation Evening

Thank Tank

May 16, 2008
Hello everyone, I'm new here. :wave:

Actually, I'm not. It's TLO, and I though I'd need a new account for this.

A couple of weeks ago, I received a text from The Merry Prankster who made a very good suggestion. In fact, as ideas go, I think it's a blinder.

Seeing as Guy Butters, now released by the Albion, didn't get a testimonial from any club he ever played for, we thought it would be a good thing to organise a fans' own evening to say a heartfelt thanks to Guy for all his services to Brighton & Hove Albion over the past six or so years, and to show some appreciation for a pretty decent 20-year career.

So to that end (and seeing as it is short notice), we have hired a room in Donatello's in Brighton Place in the Lanes to host a

Guy Butters Appreciation Evening on
Sunday 29th June at 6pm, and lasts, should we feel like it, all evening.

To attend, it's £20.00 per person, and includeds a fairly standard Donatello's three-course meal plus either a half bottle of wine, or two bottles of beer (Perroni or equivalent) and a contribution towards an as-yet undecided present for Guy. Alright, for Race. Of course, Tank will be in attendance, and who knows, he may even get up, make a speech or sing a song...

If you would like more beer or wine, that will be extra, and needs to be sorted out with Donatello's direct on the evening.

It's on on the same evening as the Euro 2008 final, so Donatello's have promised a screen in the restaurant for us to watch. Numbers are initially limited to 60, although there is a larger 'overspill' room for another 100. Why not book the larger room first? Because the large screen TV is in the 60-capacity room. We are all free to move into that room to watch the game if we feel like it.

If you would like to attend, PM me, or email me at alan.wares@ntlworld.com and I will send more details on booking and how to pay.

If you have any other questions, fire away.

So, do you want an evening toasting the big fella?

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
can you reserve spots as I wont have £20 until pay day which is 2 weeks away :p

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am there ....put me down for the evening.

Thank Tank

May 16, 2008
Can you send me an email, and I'll send details of payments and donations.

Cheers, all. :thumbsup:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Guy is really chuffed about this, so thanks TLO for organising it and The Merry Prankster for thinking of it :thumbsup:

He'd love to see everyone there x

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
email sent for me and Mrs Oscar.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Pitty they don't taking bookings at KFC.

Seriously, great idea. Well done TLO and TMP. Well deserved Guy. Make sure you eat up all your din dins and you can watch the footy after.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mail sent

(not normally keen on this benefit stuff however I have a lot of time for Guy - ask Junior as he made his day when the poor lad bust his leg)

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'd like wish you a great evening, Superwife and I will be away so won't be able to come. I trust Guy and Race will have a great evening, as will all those attending.

Guy, you deserve it, a model pro, always time for the fans, good luck in the future. :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here