Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Green/Black Away Shirt

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I remember when something similar happened for the home shirt around 1997 I think, originally the shirt came with the Sandtex sponsor on a a huge white panel, but the players shirts didnt. I was allowed to swap it for a new non panelled shirt or keep it and get the away shirt for half price!

I kept the white panel version!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I assume this was only adult shirts as i bought my sons green and black shirt at the amex after the gillingham game and that has the sponsor in the material even then.

Yep

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I would try asking the club to exchange it. Think about it - it's the sponsor's logo which is compromised and may well fall off. The club want maximum exposure for their sponsor, surely. So going on that logic I'm sure they'd prefer you to be wearing a shirt which will proudly display the sponsor's logo for many a moon as opposed to one where it'll probably come off within three washes.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I would try asking the club to exchange it. Think about it - it's the sponsor's logo which is compromised and may well fall off. The club want maximum exposure for their sponsor, surely. So going on that logic I'm sure they'd prefer you to be wearing a shirt which will proudly display the sponsor's logo for many a moon as opposed to one where it'll probably come off within three washes.

I would LOVE to believe there is even a chance that would work!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Mine has been washed 4 times already , still looking fine. I guess the club ordered a couple thousand green/black adult sized shirts to fulfill demand at the beginning of the season knowing the manufacturer wasn't ready to produce the shirts with the sponsors name built into the material for 2 months.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Mine has been washed 4 times already , still looking fine. I guess the club ordered a couple thousand green/black adult sized shirts to fulfill demand at the beginning of the season knowing the manufacturer wasn't ready to produce the shirts with the sponsors name buiilt into the material.

So basically being willing to sell temporary inferior products to their unsuspecting most loyal supporters/customers?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'd imagine they'd replace your shirt if the logo was peeling off, not suggesting anyone should encourage their logo to peel off of course.

sparky999

Aug 5, 2011
my daughters pink shirt has the sponsor as part of the material...?
brought it 2 weeks ago, was this the same with early versions of this shirt.....?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So basically being willing to sell temporary inferior products to their unsuspecting most loyal supporters/customers?

I take a different viewpoint , this will be a more collectable shirt in the future.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I bought the away shirt early doors, but heard about the new kits eventually coming in without the sticker sponsor on and so have kept it unused with all the tags on. Will go down at some point and chance my arm with swapping it for a new one. Not sure what my chances are though

rool

Jul 10, 2003
There was a kid got his money back via small claims on his Reading shirt with a players name on the back who was sold.
Maybe there's a way on these especially as maybe potential purchasers should have been told that they would be replaced fairly shortly with different stock?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Logical conclusion is not to buy this tat

Halcyon

Who let the Doug out?
Jul 22, 2008
Teesside
Waiting on the new home shirt to come back into stock - does the home shirt have an iron on logo or is it part of the material?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here