Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Greek islands...

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I liked cyprus actually. Protaras is good, close enough to ayia napa if you want a piss up and far away enough if you want something more low key.

I learnt to Scuba dive at Protaras.

Of no great benefit to this thread i know, but there you are.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
You would love Corfu H.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I always goto Paros which is pretty mellow, but has decent enough nightlife in the summer. If you have to do a stop over in Athens goto the Monastiraki district. The road is dead during the day but turns to wild carnage by night!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Have you been? Where abouts?

Also, I noticed you said you are doing a lads holiday. Is that Albufeira?

Can't remember the name of the place but I went with the family, remember it being quite lively and my parents say it was pretty cheap there with few idiots around.

Yeah, probably going to do Albufeira and also another one but not sure on where yet.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I liked cyprus actually. Protaras is good, close enough to ayia napa if you want a piss up and far away enough if you want something more low key.

Been there too.Not a bad place but wouldn't go back again.To pricey.Enjoyed hiring a scooter and going towards the ghost town there and the Turkish boarder points.
Nice beach.Think it's called Fig tree bay.

Last edited:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Been there too.Not bad place but wouldn't go back again.To pricey.Enjoyed hiring a scooter and going towards the ghost town there and the Turkish boarder points.
Nice beech.Think it's called Fig tree bay.

I'm from Cyprus, been there too many times so time to go somewhere else!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm from Cyprus, been there too many times so time to go somewhere else!

Live it up and have a good time while you are young.Either Crete or Kos.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
My final lads holiday before admitting I was too old for them anymore was Faliraki, Rhodes '98. Jesus, Northern women are crazy.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
To be fair as someone has said Skiathos is not bad at all. Use the beaches at the far end of the island i/e Big & Little Banana during the day and Skiathos town for the nightlife,and enjoy the landing at Skiathos airport !!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Depends what you are looking for. we have visited ( on Cruises) Santorini, Corfu. Mykanos, Rhodes, Kefalonia, katacolon......all very different ( and can be full of people from Cruise ships ...lol) But for sheer beauty, Santorini is the place.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looking to go on holiday to the Greek Islands during the summer. Probably with three or four other 19 year olds.

Where is best for people our age? I'd like a place with pretty good nightlife, good beaches, but not filled out with chavs like many of these places.

Kos would be a happy medium IMHO. Lively enough, but not chav central. Beaches are good.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Kos would be a happy medium IMHO. Lively enough, but not chav central. Beaches are good.

Kostalavista baby has got great beaches and snorkelling and lots of great little white churches, making it easier to re-create the film Mama Mia in its entirety, which I should imagine HseagullsH and his mates will be doing as soon as the plane touches down.

HseagullsH "Have you seen the lights Fernando?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here