Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The GREATEST Withdean Moment

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
all of the above, coupled with former European Cup winner and Premier League player and formerly one of the best players in the world, Fabrizio Ravenelli warming up on the muddy touchline for Derby and thinking (in an Italian accent) 'what the fook am I doing here?'

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This seasons last min winner against Oldham by Sandaza that put us top. Proper running track lulz when that went in! Trying not to tempt fate but as you know so far we have stayed there...

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
8-0 v Northwich - Goals, goals, goals!
4-1 v Millwall - Horrid weather, great atmosphere, weird game, great result.

The greatest moment has to be watching a Albion team walk out onto the pitch BACK in Brighton.:eek:
because it was a sight that I didn't think we might ever see again.

after that it's all been a bit of an anti-climax:lol:

99017-30.jpg

99021-31.jpg

99025-09.jpg

Last edited:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I remember Gary Hart scoring a last minute handball winner against Southend. I can remember going absolutely spazmo especially as they were 'rivals' at the time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Tops for me:

Virgo header
Man city penalty winner
Swindon penalty winner
Cullip header v Chesterfield

Zamora great goal should be mentioned as well. v Halifax maybe?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lee Steele's header against Bristol City.

Was that the almost-diving-header in the last minute of injury time in the game that finally sent us top over bottle-tops Reading on Easter Monday after watching us peg em back on Ceefax page 325 for about 26 weeks? Only time I ever had to resort to going in that daft wee stand in the corner and buying a ticket off NSC Ticket Exchange about two hours before the game. About the only time i've ever been forced to attend The Sportsman also. Strange days indeed.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
I for one can't give you just one as I have many good memories which in a way is a little strange when you think how much of a nightmare it's been. Unlike Gillingham though I think Withdean will always have a place in our hearts even if it's never been ideal. For those younger fans who never even saw the Goldstone you would have some good memories, the fact that we won 3 cups during our time there will be something that gets past down through generations to come. Teenagers of today will be telling their children how they watched the great Bobby Zamora play there as I told my kids about Peter Ward at the Goldstone.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Gary Hart winner against Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here