Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The GREATEST Withdean Moment

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Winning League One , two championships in a row, the sound of the crowd hearing the news on the radio rippling around the ground.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Not number one, but I quite liked holding our own in League One with a team made up of mostly Sussex kids

Kuipers, Adam Hinshelwood, Lynch, Butters, Mayo, Fraser (Frutos 66), Hammond, El-Abd, Cox, Revell (Gatting 71), Robinson (Rents 83).

The pitch invasion where Rustle Salad was held aloft like a HERO

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
has to be virgo`s equaliser in plays off, cannot possibly be beaten.
i was sitting their soaked through t-shirt and shorts from the most violent rain and we were getting stuffed, such a let down then the goal went in.

pure joy

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I would put Cullip V Chesterfield above Virgo V Swindon as it was the first moment of glory after so many dark years and the dawn of a new era for the club.

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
I know it's not a great moment like swindon as such but Darren Freeman scoring the first goal of the millenium at withdean it will never be reapeated don't suppose football will be still here in 3000 all the clubs will be bust. It happened in our little tin pot ground not a super stadium think it deserves a mention at least!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The unveiling of the giant brown envelope against Cheaterfraud must be upper there. Definitely the funniest moment.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I know it's not a great moment like swindon as such but Darren Freeman scoring the first goal of the millenium at withdean it will never be reapeated don't suppose football will be still here in 3000 all the clubs will be bust. It happened in our little tin pot ground not a super stadium think it deserves a mention at least!

Is it really that big a thing though? Not sure anyone outside of BHAFC, or Darren Freeman himself, would know or even care about it!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

But we did cheat slightly by kicking off three hours before everyone else!

I'll go for a slightly off the wall one, I was at the game but for the life of me can't remember who it was against (it's my age you know).

Albion scored a goal and celebrated with a most bizarre ring'a'roses dance.

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
But we did cheat slightly by kicking off three hours before everyone else!

I'm probably wrong but as the goal was after 2 mins would that still not count as yet can't find any faster at normal k.o. time

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
dont get to many games sadly and have missed most of the above highlights,but for me my fav was the fightback v leicster , the atmosphere that night was fantastic

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Cullip's header and the Swindon game were good, but the greatest moment has to be Martin Thomas's patented headed tackle!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'll go for a slightly off the wall one, I was at the game but for the life of me can't remember who it was against (it's my age you know).

Albion scored a goal and celebrated with a most bizarre ring'a'roses dance.

I think that was Crewe at home a few years ago (Murray scored a couple on his debut).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here