Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The greatest ever NSC thread

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's been longer than 7 years, NSC was around in 1997 if not before, although I suspect most nominations will come from more recent times.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The top three, in reverse order:

Halftime at Hereford - very good
Is My ex-Grilfriend a slut - quality

but absolute top drawer was 'How to Stop a Cat Shatting (sic) in my Garden'

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
NSC was alive & well in November 1996 when I first got the internet.

For purely personal reasons "where are staying Blackpool" from April 2004 is my favourite. It changed my life quite a bit :blush:

OK, enough of the slushy stuff!!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
that one where digweeds trousers was about to get sacked ..Didn't he call the HR Director an Americal Whore or something like that.....

absolute classic

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
The one that will always stick in my mind was Hiney's "it's all going off" thread ... it seemed to unfold like a CNN news broadcast as we watched .... would have made a superb sitcom!

In addition there have been some brilliant comic Ernest v Beach Hut threads plus many goodies by E10 and Meades Ball.

On the serious side I think many of us (me included) get stuck too far up our own arses when we debate really serious issues such as "Is there a God?", paedophiles, the IRA, Iraq etc

But there have also been memorable rallying and report threads -often littered with pix - such as National Falmer Day, the Flowers for Prescott etc etc

PS
Thanks for the mention Uncle Gareth Speilberg and Hiney ... to be frank NSC has been an incredible carthetic outlet for me personally - initially cos you were all anonymous to me and latterly cos I can claim a good few friends among you

Stumpy Tim

In my 7 or 8 years on NSC the Family Fortunes thread is probably the best. I remember only one that came close during the Xmas period of 98 or 99 when the whole of NSC decided to invade the chatboard of a baseball team in the US for no reason whatsoever. It was blatantly out of order but it remains the only time I have been physically crying with laughter in front of my computer

Glorious days :clap2: :clap2:

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Stumpy Tim said:
I remember only one that came close during the Xmas period of 98 or 99 when the whole of NSC decided to invade the chatboard of a baseball team in the US for no reason whatsoever. It was blatantly out of order but it remains the only time I have been physically crying with laughter in front of my computer

That was excellent fun :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Stumpy Tim said:
In my 7 or 8 years on NSC the Family Fortunes thread is probably the best. I remember only one that came close during the Xmas period of 98 or 99 when the whole of NSC decided to invade the chatboard of a baseball team in the US for no reason whatsoever. It was blatantly out of order but it remains the only time I have been physically crying with laughter in front of my computer

also the days before the last world cup when NSC led the English invasion of a German website on a poll over who would win ... hilarious

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Brighton Bloke said:
I like the one where a sensible football related post was converted by Easy 10 to an in-depth review of how to flush away a determined turd!!
Cheers Perry, although I honestly don't remember it.

The one TLO mentions from Chappers about the "Easy, Easy....nothing" ring some bells though. Was that the one when we all pretended we were doing something ?

Familty Fortunes should be written into a screenplay. Pure comedy genius.

Ahh, puerile junk. Happy days.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Stumpy Tim said:

Wasn't that the American football site?

Does anyone remember when we invaded TonyC.com and the bloke came on here crying that wife had been in tears? Sad gimp.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Anyone remember the rigging of the Scunny Bunny competition?

Err, Scunny Honey. Vicky Peck, I believe it was we made win.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
MYOB said:
Anyone remember the rigging of the Scunny Bunny competition?

Err, Scunny Honey. Vicky Peck, I believe it was we made win.

Beat me to it – I was about to nominate the Scunny Honey vote! Didn't we even get acknowledged in the local paper?

Also remember mobbing onto the wedding 'album' site of some overweight religious Americans, think we got a mention in the wedding speeches for that one.

The one I always remember was The Vicar in 1997, starting a thread about going to Archer's house at Christmas. It was a deliberate wind-up, but it was monitored by the Old Bill and may well have led to the Archers going elsewhere for their festivities that year. It was the first time NSC really felt like something to me, and I remember it for that rather than amusement value. Ah those days, when it was all homepages.enterprise.net/gjc, and run by Gary out of his Isle of Man garden shed or summat...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here