Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
As the 1600th post, I'd like to say this thread and various discussions and sub-discussions within it has had very little to do with what Naylor is saying, or anybody else for that matter, and is largely based on hypothetical supposition and hearsay!

you don't say.......................... or do you?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
'Vicente saga set to rumble on' Naylor goes on to say We have probably not heard the last of the Vincente saga. The Spanish star's return to training with the Albion is a step in the right direction but is he glad to be back under the terms of a contract which was at the heart of the friction in the first place ?

Ends up with Whether Albion and Vicente can rebuild their relationship or end up divorced remains to be seen.

Just Naylors opinion and no facts to back anything up

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
'Vicente saga set to rumble on' Naylor goes on to say We have probably not heard the last of the Vincente saga. The Spanish star's return to training with the Albion is a step in the right direction but is he glad to be back under the terms of a contract which was at the heart of the friction in the first place ?

Ends up with Whether Albion and Vicente can rebuild their relationship or end up divorced remains to be seen.

Any mention of the lack of Spanish food options on the Cliftonville menu being a problem?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
As the 1600th post, I'd like to say this thread and various discussions and sub-discussions within it has had very little to do with what Naylor is saying, or anybody else for that matter, and is largely based on hypothetical supposition and hearsay!

Hypothetical suggestion and hearsay - the cornerstones of Andy Naylor's journalism career.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe. But like the people you're so happy to put down for suggesting that Vicente and his agent are "angels," perhaps you'd also agree that they don't, in hindsight, appear to be the anti-Christ you were proclaiming them as earlier in this thread.

I never claimed them to be the anti-Christ tho'... just pointed out that the 'not returning for training' behaviour was, well, a bit Tevez!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Who IS this VINCENTE character you SPEAK of, Ernest? Don't YOU think that VINCENTELOT will BE miffed that he WONT be top DOG, or SHOULD that be POODLE, anymore?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think you're confusing being objective and subsequently considering a human aspect to this situation with being unable to see the clubs side.

Most of the people on this thread who have been seen as "sticking up for Vicente", merely said something along the lines of "Yeah if it was me I would try and get the best deal i could and try and be with my family".

Which is actually the same as your view of "his likely desire to return to Spain is understandable".

But then I may have confused your comments with those of [MENTION=3300]macky[/MENTION] .... and to be fair I don't understand half (if not all) of the stuff he writes.

Again, fair enough, but I'm not Macky! And he/she's entitled to his/her opinions too... I have taken a lot of stick for my comments on this thread... personally, I think some on here need to grow a thicker skin... this is a message board after all!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You totally ignore the fact that the club publicly told him he could go if he wanted to. He didn't sign a two year contract, he signed a one year contract which he honoured, and having been told by the club he could go if he wanted to his agent started touting him around. Not sure there is any evidence that he threw his toys out of the pram, just that some fans got a bit precious about the whole situation. The club had a change of heart and enforced the 2nd year. Nice to see that you take your wife's views into account. Fact is that if the club had invoked the 2nd year option immediately and not given the impression that he could leave we would have avoided this situation altogether.

Still, if you want to spend the next few months in your seat hurling abuse Vicente's way then I suspect you will be in a very small minority.

Of course, he did sign a contract wherein the club had an option for a 2nd year! And he (and his wife) must have known at the time of signing that he may be obliged to work in Brighton for 2 years, not just one... if he doesn't like it, tough, IMHO...

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Again, fair enough, but I'm not Macky! And he/she's entitled to his/her opinions too... I have taken a lot of stick for my comments on this thread... personally, I think some on here need to grow a thicker skin... this is a message board after all!

Only if you dont mind some on here trying to bully you out of it and when that dont work they go running t othe mods bunch of arseholes

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Of course, he did sign a contract wherein the club had an option for a 2nd year! And he (and his wife) must have known at the time of signing that he may be obliged to work in Brighton for 2 years, not just one... if he doesn't like it, tough, IMHO...

So you still ignore the fact the club told him it was up to him. What did they think he would do if he didn't come back. Retire or perhaps find a club locally to where he lives. GP should have kept his mouth shut but whether it was actually the clubs view or if it was merely a bit of negotiating regarding the new contract, it backfired as it has created a bit of ill feeling.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
So you still ignore the fact the club told him it was up to him. What did they think he would do if he didn't come back. Retire or perhaps find a club locally to where he lives. GP should have kept his mouth shut but whether it was actually the clubs view or if it was merely a bit of negotiating regarding the new contract, it backfired as it has created a bit of ill feeling.[/QU
It still comes back to the fact he signed a two year contract Why did'nt he Just sign a one year and see how it went
Why bother havinga two year contract if you have no intention of holding playersto them It go's along the lines of we go bridcutt for nothing Why should we expect a fee for him

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It still comes back to the fact he signed a two year contract Why did'nt he Just sign a one year and see how it went
Why bother havinga two year contract if you have no intention of holding playersto them It go's along the lines of we go bridcutt for nothing Why should we expect a fee for him

No the fact is he signed a one year contract, that had an option for a second year, and toward the end of the first year Gus was telling the press the club wouldn't be using that option to force him to stay.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
No the fact is he signed a one year contract, that had an option for a second year, and toward the end of the first year Gus was telling the press the club wouldn't be using that option to force him to stay.

If it was only a option then surley the club cant hold him to it I think it was a bit more than a option aybe he should sack his legal team

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Anyway at the end of the day he's our player signed to us All legal And if we want a fee Them we are entilted to one

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Spot on, he signed a 2-year one...

I think it was actually a one year deal with us having the option on the next year. So really we had his registration so to speak and if any club came in for him we could claim compensation or a fee.
I just hope he can juggle playing for us and jetting to and fro from Valencia.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If it was only a option then surley the club cant hold him to it I think it was a bit more than a option aybe he should sack his legal team

You really don't get it do you!!!! It was a one year contract after which the club had an option to exend it for a second year. I don't think anyone knows if the option was available to Vicente or if it was, whether it related to number of appearances etc but that is now irrelevant. Fact is it was one year and the club, possibly directly, but most definitely via the media made it clear Vicente was free to do what he pleased.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
You really don't get it do you!!!! It was a one year contract after which the club had an option to exend it for a second year. I don't think anyone knows if the option was available to Vicente or if it was, whether it related to number of appearances etc but that is now irrelevant. Fact is it was one year and the club, possibly directly, but most definitely via the media made it clear Vicente was free to do what he pleased.

I get it alright If it was a one year then he could have gone The ins and outs of it i dont know neither does anyone on here
what i do understand is we have something which is legally binding So if he wants to go then we can get a fee
that is clear enough to me

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As I understand it (and I think I showed the relevant parts of the regulations earlier in this thread) the contract was one year, and we had the option to extend it for a second year. Regulations say you have to inform a player of intent to activate extensions or negotiate a new deal within one week of the first saturday in may, or the last league game of the season (whichever is later).

If we didn't do this, he was free to negotiate with other clubs, though we had until the contract expired (or possibly, if I read the regulations right, until the transfer window closed) to activate the clause.

So, while he is under contract to us now, if he hadn't received the written confirmation he was free to negotiate with Elche.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here