Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You've just replied to my post in which I have said what you claim to have happened may have done. How does that make me deluded when I remain open minded about the whole thing?

You probably know a little more than I believe you do, as I honestly think you know sweet FA, in fact you're so full of hot air I wouldn't be surprised to see Richard Branson on your back trying to cross the Atlantic!

Fair enough re the open-minded comment, but there are plenty on this thread that STILL can't seem to see our club's side of this situation; rather, they can only see that he has a family, therefore he can ignore a legally-binding contract... I have said more than once that his likely desire to return to Spain is understandable, but... if he wants that, then he must either buy himself out of his contract, or hope that a Spainish club is willing to make an offer that is acceptable to the Albion...

Re the Branson comment - LoL! :lolol: You are entitled to believe whatever you want; I'm only sharing what I know, OK?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fair enough re the open-minded comment, but there are plenty on this thread that STILL can't seem to see our club's side of this situation; rather, they can only see that he has a family, therefore he can ignore a legally-binding contract... I have said more than once that his likely desire to return to Spain is understandable, but... if he wants that, then he must either buy himself out of his contract, or hope that a Spainish club is willing to make an offer that is acceptable to the Albion...

Re the Branson comment - LoL! :lolol: You are entitled to believe whatever you want; I'm only sharing what I know, OK?

Fair enough, no actual offence intended. Glad you liked the Branson!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey has anyone read the article or are we just having an argument for arguments sale.

NSC, eh. The home of the binfest.

I'm enjoying the argument TBH... but will be interested to see the article...

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I've read the article and the tweet is overly dramatic. It's Naylors 'talkback' Column in which he offers his opinion, and no fact. Just rehashed info which has already been published.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Really? Well, perhaps I know a little more than you believe...

Maybe. But like the people you're so happy to put down for suggesting that Vicente and his agent are "angels," perhaps you'd also agree that they don't, in hindsight, appear to be the anti-Christ you were proclaiming them as earlier in this thread.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Couldn't have put it better than HFFC below. Money in the bank changes everything. Also, it has been reported that the maximum that Elche would pay is £6/7k per week, ie a max of £364k a year. He could easily live off that. I suspect your wife would have serious concerns if you chose to work away from home when financially you didn't have to!!!!

If i had signed a contract less than a year ago And been treated very well then she would expect me to honour that contract Then again she she felt any different she probably would'nt be my wife At the very least He should not be throwing his toys out the pram Perhaps he and his wife deserve each other

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
my two-penneth of an opinion: Vicente always wanted to come back to Brighton, but his wife didn't so he had to convince her first. His agent set up the Elche move in case he decided to go along with his wife and stay in Spain. Brighton invoked the second-year clause so that Vicente could say he was contractually-obliged to go back, and he made noises in the press that he was unhappy with that in order to appease his wife. Eventually she has agreed that he has to stay in Brighton, and everyone else is happy.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

I think you're confusing being objective and subsequently considering a human aspect to this situation with being unable to see the clubs side.

Most of the people on this thread who have been seen as "sticking up for Vicente", merely said something along the lines of "Yeah if it was me I would try and get the best deal i could and try and be with my family".

Which is actually the same as your view of "his likely desire to return to Spain is understandable".

But then I may have confused your comments with those of [MENTION=3300]macky[/MENTION] .... and to be fair I don't understand half (if not all) of the stuff he writes.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I think you're confusing being objective and subsequently considering a human aspect to this situation with being unable to see the clubs side.

Most of the people on this thread who have been seen as "sticking up for Vicente", merely said something along the lines of "Yeah if it was me I would try and get the best deal i could and try and be with my family".

Which is actually the same as your view of "his likely desire to return to Spain is understandable".

But then I may have confused your comments with those of [MENTION=3300]macky[/MENTION] .... and to be fair I don't understand half (if not all) of the stuff he writes.

Well if your confusing me with him Then maybe its you who has a problem reading

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I say we keep this thread going until we reach 100 pages.

Surely there are plenty more Vicente-related dramas to cover between now and the start of the season. Will he be put out because he feels he has been 'dropped' when the Vicente-less starting XI for the Lewes game is announced, and subsequently threaten to go on strike? Will the rumours come out that, when he joins the rest of the team on the tour to Spain, he has, in fact, got a one-way ticket, not a return like everyone else? And will more photos of him from training conventrating on training, rather than smiling for the camera 'prove' that he is unhappy, and feels held to ransom "because of the way that he was treated by the club"?

Believe me, this one's gonna run and run.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Couldn't have put it better than HFFC below. Money in the bank changes everything. Also, it has been reported that the maximum that Elche would pay is £6/7k per week, ie a max of £364k a year. He could easily live off that. I suspect your wife would have serious concerns if you chose to work away from home when financially you didn't have to!!!!

If i had signed a contract less than a year ago And been treated very well then she would expect me to honour that contract Then again she she felt any different she probably would'nt be my wife At the very least He should not be throwing his toys out the pram Perhaps he and his wife deserve each other

You totally ignore the fact that the club publicly told him he could go if he wanted to. He didn't sign a two year contract, he signed a one year contract which he honoured, and having been told by the club he could go if he wanted to his agent started touting him around. Not sure there is any evidence that he threw his toys out of the pram, just that some fans got a bit precious about the whole situation. The club had a change of heart and enforced the 2nd year. Nice to see that you take your wife's views into account. Fact is that if the club had invoked the 2nd year option immediately and not given the impression that he could leave we would have avoided this situation altogether.

Still, if you want to spend the next few months in your seat hurling abuse Vicente's way then I suspect you will be in a very small minority.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Oh, just listen to you lot!
Naylor puts something in the article about Vicente purely to get himself a bit of attention and you lot fall for it.
I bet he's reading this thread and laughing to himself, thinking "oh, look. NSC is all of a fluster because I've written something".

Stop pandering to that bloke's ego and ignore him until he's at least got something that's actually newsworthy to write about.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh, just listen to you lot!
Naylor puts something in the article about Vicente purely to get himself a bit of attention and you lot fall for it.
I bet he's reading this thread and laughing to himself, thinking "oh, look. NSC is all of a fluster because I've written something".

Stop pandering to that bloke's ego and ignore him until he's at least got something that's actually newsworthy to write about.

As the 1600th post, I'd like to say this thread and various discussions and sub-discussions within it has had very little to do with what Naylor is saying, or anybody else for that matter, and is largely based on hypothetical supposition and hearsay!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here