Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Mrs.V could have post-natal depression for all we know. There are so many factors in this that any further speculation is pointless. Until someone comes out with a definitive statement on the situation, which won't be until all negotiations between parties are finalised, we might as well debate whether black is white, only a much darker version.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mrs.V could have post-natal depression for all we know. There are so many factors in this that any further speculation is pointless. Until someone comes out with a definitive statement on the situation, which won't be until all negotiations between parties are finalised, we might as well debate whether black is white, only a much darker version.

Completely agreed. We're obsessed in this country with needing to take a side on things, before knowing ANY of the context, often.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011

Would be Mrs R. as opposed to Mrs V.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So you would like the club to have a bad name for keeping a player here, who would rather go home for family reasons?
But....
As I say if he wanted to go to say Southampton or Reading then of course we are doing the right thing.
But....
He actually might want to stay here all along and hes just been busy with family atm.

I believe contracts should be taken seriously, so... when Vicente signed he knew he was committed for up to 2 years (he should have discussed this with his missus at that time too)... we are doing NOTHING WRONG... in fact, we are just exercising our option to ward off any club suitors anyway... we've called his agent's bluff... the monkey is now on his shoulder... tough...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Completely agreed. We're obsessed in this country with needing to take a side on things, before knowing ANY of the context, often.

The guy signed a Contract last year that gave the Albion a one year extension Option.

The guy had a string of somewhat mysterious injuries last year, and the Club spent a lot of time, effort and no doubt money getting him fit both physically and mentally. He played very little over the whole season.

He is wanted by Gus. Gus and the Club have evidently been kind enough to offer to negotiate a new contract on, probably, better terms, rather than simply exercise their Option.

The players are back this week. He is not, and is showing some reluctance to come back (according to various sources).

The Option has been exercised to ensure the Club's interests are protected.

There appears to be some doubt about his intentions. There should be none. He signed the Contract. He has given little back so far. He has been well treated and has had his career put back on track. The Club want something back.

We are all fans of the Club, he is just another (admittedly good when he actually plays) player. He is just another foreign mercenary playing over here for money. Whose side do you expect us to take?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
not good, if he want to go to Elche im not sure we can stop him. i dont think they will pay a substantial fee and dont think it would do anyone well to dig our heals in. he isnt going to play/perform if disgruntled so why cause bad feeling? if Gus can convince him to stay, that will be great, but if he wants to return to Valencia (the region) then thanks for the memories.

He is an asset to our club... we should hold out for what he is worth...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I believe contracts should be taken seriously, so... when Vicente signed he knew he was committed for up to 2 years (he should have discussed this with his missus at that time too)... we are doing NOTHING WRONG... in fact, we are just exercising our option to ward off any club suitors anyway... we've called his agent's bluff... the monkey is now on his shoulder... tough...

Exactly. Too many bleeding hearts on this Board, who forget we a not a rich club, and that the club is a business. No doubt he has made a small fortune playing over the years, if he wants to stay in Spain, let him pay the Club compensation. Either that or man-up and tell his Mrs (if indeed she is being a problem) that he has to get on with his career as a PROFESSIONAL Footballer.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Out of interest, does anyone actually know how much he's on?

I respect Brighton for taking a chance on him and working round the clock to get him back to fitness, but this situation doesn't surprise me sadly.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
look that may not be the case, maybe he does want to play for us? who knows, but you can't take away from the equation his wife, who said she felt isolated here, who has a 2 week old baby.

Vicente "I really would like to go back I think i owe them another year"

Wife "I am not going back, the weather is horrible, I had no friends, I felt alone and what about our 2 week old baby?, I need my husband here and our baby needs his father" etc etc

Ah, so you now have a bug in the Vicente home!? Pure conjecture...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here