Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The good ship Albion....

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Re: Re: The good ship Albion....

BensGrandad said:
Is it unreasonable to expect them to go on SCR tomorrow to explain what they are doing to rectify our precarious position in the CCC.
Why would that help? If we lose there will be loads of idiots who haven't been to the game demanding 'answers' and that McGhee is sacked. If we win the same idiots who haven't been to the game will say what a great job McGhee is doing and how he should be made life manager.

Or Doris from Lewes will phone up to say what nice curtains she has and why do Brighton want to build a stadium right on top of the South Downs in the middle of Falmer pond.

Also, I'm not sure what there is to explain. We've been told enough times that:
- we have a small squad with little quality because we have no money
- we have no money because we have low income
- we have low income because our stadium is small and crap
- we have a small crap stadium because the process to get permission has taken so long that new supporters have been born and then died during the process.

Why do we need Knight or Perry to explain it all AGAIN?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

BensGrandad said:
Is it unreasonable to expect them to go on SCR tomorrow to explain what they are doing to rectify our precarious position in the CCC.

I fully agree it's not unreasonable to hear from them.

At the end of the day when they have asked us fans to act above and beyond the call of average football fans as in,

Marching, Donating, Collecting petitions, Letter wrighting, Campaigning, Supporting etc etc etc

We've been there cos we love our club & will fight tooth & nail to keep it afloat.

Now as we are going through a period of unrest and uncertainity, is it too much to ask Dick Knight to act above and beyond an average chairman and be a bit more open & honest with us fans?

If the club is in financial shit then just tell us Dick and at least we'll understand what's going on!

Appreciate you can't answer all our questions cos of the position you hold at the Albion, But maybe it's time you steadied the ship a bit so we can start to get back on an even Keel.

BensGrandad said:

Buy a programme ya tightarse. The revenue helps the club too.

sofa fella said:
So the good ship Albion seems to have hit choppy waters (again)

Admiral Dick has gone missing.

Vice-Admiral perry is busy playing musical chairs.

Captain Mcghee cant decide which way to sail.

Lieutenant Booker is busy with his clipboard.

Sub Lieutenant White has f***ed off on another booze cruise.

The hands on deck are too busy spitting out dummies
to set sail.

And the chain gang are getting fed crap, only to find out we've got to start paying more for the privilage of being on board.

It's starting to feel like a rudderless ship!!!!!

At least the junior Sea(gulls) scouts are making some headway under the guidence of scoutmaster Wilkins!!!!!

That really is about as GAY as a bunch of sailors, I'll give you that :clap:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
sofa fella said:
So the good ship Albion seems to have hit choppy waters (again)

Admiral Dick has gone missing.

Vice-Admiral perry is busy playing musical chairs.

Captain Mcghee cant decide which way to sail.

Lieutenant Booker is busy with his clipboard.

Sub Lieutenant White has f***ed off on another booze cruise.

The hands on deck are too busy spitting out dummies
to set sail.

And the chain gang are getting fed crap, only to find out we've got to start paying more for the privilage of being on board.

It's starting to feel like a rudderless ship!!!!!

At least the junior Sea(gulls) scouts are making some headway under the guidence of scoutmaster Wilkins!!!!!

Nice assessment on our time of crisis.

sir danny cullip said:
CKR certainly hasnt looked very happy during recent weeks and cant have been very impressed at being asked to play right wing vs norwich....

Eh? Why wouldn't he be happy at being asked to perform a role for the team?

We were down to 10 men and had to protect our right flank against a certain man of the match performance by Huckerby!

If players aren't willing to muck in under these exceptional circumstances, then they would have an attitude problem.

But fortunately we only have your "educated" assessment about CKR's so-called unhappiness at Norwich :shootself What I saw was a player mucking in and getting involved as much as possible.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Re: The good ship Albion....

Spiros said:
Why would that help? If we lose there will be loads of idiots who haven't been to the game demanding 'answers' and that McGhee is sacked. If we win the same idiots who haven't been to the game will say what a great job McGhee is doing and how he should be made life manager.

Why do we need Knight or Perry to explain it all AGAIN?

/QUOTE]

Because the actual financial position may bea lot worse than most of us believe, hence no new loan signings. At least it would clear the speculation as to why none have arrived.

I am sure that SCR would allow either of them a spot during Harty's half hour prior to the game to answer questions sent in by supporters and provided that they weren't vetted first so as to only answer the questions that they wanted to answer as happened with previous encumbents of the positions. Even they had fans forums on air but as I say they vetted the questions. DK is an honest man he wouldn't need to do that.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Re: Re: Re: Re: The good ship Albion....

BensGrandad said:
Because the actual financial position may bea lot worse than most of us believe, hence no new loan signings. At least it would clear the speculation as to why none have arrived.

I am sure that SCR would allow either of them a spot during Harty's half hour prior to the game to answer questions sent in by supporters and provided that they weren't vetted first so as to only answer the questions that they wanted to answer as happened with previous encumbents of the positions. Even they had fans forums on air but as I say they vetted the questions. DK is an honest man he wouldn't need to do that.

On that note, what does everyone think of harty's half-hour?

I personally love those little "joke" conversations about the topic of the week (sven,mobile phones etc) :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The good ship Albion....

fake slim said:
On that note, what does everyone think of harty's half-hour?

I personally love those little "joke" conversations about the topic of the week (sven,mobile phones etc) :lolol:

Lets avoid an answer by trying to change the subject.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Locky

I see the Ministry of Misinformation is working well again.
You know exactly who I am referring to and how many times that has been wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here