Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Goldstone - where did you stand or sit when you first watched the Albion?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Oh, West Stand, Block F, row O or P, somewhere near seat 79 as that was where my Dad sat.

When Dad stopped going I graduated onto the West terraces and later the North Stand.

I've probably seen more games at Withdean now though...

:down:

westy

Jul 25, 2003
west lower terrace towards the south stand before graduating in my teens to the North Stand just right of centre as you came down the middle gangway. Great view and right in the thick of the atmosphere. Happy days...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
For my first ever game sat in the South Stand.

From then on I stood at the front of the South, until 'progressing' to the North after a season or two.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
First time was the Chicken Run but then it was the North Stand until I swapped that for the relative safety of the South Stand. Still, Withdean does make you lose touch with the sense of nearness to the pitch, I just hope that younger fans get that when we get to Falmer.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Started East Terrace Chicken run, then North Stand, moved into the South Stand (NTR) Terraces for the glory days when that end had a good singing section. After the fire the South Stand went all seater so it was back into the North Stand.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
first game in the North West Corner

graduated for every game until they shut it to the east Terrace. ( actually I was the cause of the east Terrace closing down the bottom bit, when I badly sprained my ankle jumping up after we scored against Blackburn. dear departed Ron Pavey told me some years after that they had no money to fix the terracing as it was crumbling and they were waiting for someone to fall over to give them an excuse)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Started going with my dad in the South West standing on a box at the front. Regularly found myself in Argus pictures if we scored in the South goal. After a couple of seasons, dad let me go in the South Stand with my mates when it was terraced, then I moved into the North when the South burnt down, and spent the last 4 or 5 seasons up in the North East.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Half way down the chicken run four(ish) steps up.

...The North stand was my usual haunt (when I got a bit older), but I've stood/sat in every stand except the North East corner (under the pylon).

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
First few seasons in the North Stand "crush", then got myself a ST in the West Stand

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
the special time was a sunny November day in 1993 v Reading
down the front of the north stand with two pals who had told me to come along, Nicky Rust got lobbed for a lovely goal from the edge of the box lost 1-0 and the affair began !

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Chicken run, on a crate, in 1979.

Always the North Stand when I came to matches as an adult, except for a brief interlude in the West, for a few games.

Watched the last game back in the East, so never once saw a game from the South. And never once sat down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here