Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Glen Murray RUMOURS doing the rounds

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's a shame he doesn't have 100% of the fans behind him as that might be the difference between being happy here or not,

Wise words TCB

The Complete Badger said:
Murray 1 - that mark is just for scoring, otherwise a lazier, slower, less interested player I have yet to see. We woz MUGGED.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
An unhappy player - assuming that's what he is - is absolutely no use to us at all.
I disagree. If, as the rumours would have you believe, he has not settled then it has probably been an issue from the beginning, or near enough, so based on last seasons evidence an unsettled Glenn Murray is still a very good player.

Besides if we were selling you'd think we were looking to make a profit, or at least break even. Murray probably hasn't done quite enough for that yet, if he wants to go the best way to do it would be to score a hatful of goals.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I disagree. If, as the rumours would have you believe, he has not settled then it has probably been an issue from the beginning, or near enough, so based on last seasons evidence an unsettled Glenn Murray is still a very good player.

Besides if we were selling you'd think we were looking to make a profit, or at least break even. Murray probably hasn't done quite enough for that yet, if he wants to go the best way to do it would be to score a hatful of goals.

Couple of big assumptions there.

Assuming the rumours are right, we don't know WHEN this issue may have kicked in. He could be homesick, or his missus doesn't like it here - that could be something that kicks in after a while, not necessarily immediately. If he's unhappy and does want to go, he's not going to be too worried about whether we make our money back, only that he can head back up north again, maybe even dropping down the division from whence he came.

But it's all conjecture and rumour, and could yet be total bollocks.

Repeating it, as has been done on here, doesn't make it any truer.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Assuming the rumours are right, we don't know WHEN this issue may have kicked in. He could be homesick, or his missus doesn't like it here - that could be something that kicks in after a while, not necessarily immediately. If he's unhappy and does want to go, he's not going to be too worried about whether we make our money back, only that he can head back up north again, maybe even dropping down the division from whence he came.

Also, he is living in Brighton and not f*cking Sydney, he could jump on a train or in a car and be home in about 4 or 5 hours. :lol: Adams will sort him out i'm sure!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

I'm not saying it's true, I haven't a clue if it is or not.
But we saw him play for what, four months? If homesickness or anything like it was going to kick in I'd have thought it would in that time... And my other point was that THE CLUB would want to get the money back, obviously it wouldn't matter to him. But he is under contract for three more years, so he can't just do what he wants (the poor slave).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ok, so let's just say he IS unhappy here. Would you sell him just to rid ourselves of an unhappy player even if it means making a LOSS on the money we paid out?

You have to balance up the cost - in more than just his transfer fee and salary rates - of having what would amount to a passenger at the club, and all that entails to him and the squad around him (Forster not having a decent strike partner, Cox and McLeod not having a target man to aim for etc).

Also, would the fans turn up knowing that an unhappy player in the starting XI is a liability?

We could play him, and realise he's not playing at 100% (no unhappy player does), and look how many goals he wouldn't score, versus not playing him, and spunking the money down the drain for a player that is at best a benchwarmer.

There are probably contractural issues about a player only playing for eight months, then deciding he wants out, although Dick does have a certain track record of benevolence on that score. However, he also has a record of saying, and this is something I am sure Micky supports, that if you don't want to be here, you're not playing.

And he is playing.

Personally, I'm hoping the story is bollocks, although I haven't a clue one way or the other, and the only rumour I ever hear of it is on here.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Fair point. Still think we're one striker light up front in terms of backup, though.

good point, I mean at the best we've only got inexperienced strikers on the bench should Forster/Murray be injured. Adams has mentioned Virgo but is he capable of getting 8/10 goals if one of them is out for 3 or 4 months?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Whether Murray stays of goes we need at least one more forward who is going to actively compete for a starting place - not least because Forster is sure to need a more regular rest this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here