Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Germans - 101 Reasons Why They Are Not All Bad

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I could probably think of a 101 reasons on mine. I'm a real fan of the place: I've been there dozens of times; I have German friends; I speak German; I've taught Germans; I love German beer, German culture and feel well at home there.

I have no animosity for them at all - it's a shame that one of us has to go out at an early stage

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Beethoven.JPG

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Oktoberfest in Munich is bloody brilliant, and plenty of friendly locals are happy to have a chat and a sing song with you.

My car is german and still going strong after 100k miles.

German ladies' enthusiasm to sun bathe topless, or even naked, almost anywhere.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
250px-Haendel.jpg

he is german really

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've been all over Germany (with Atilla) and met with nothing but friendship and kindness. (Well, leaving aside the odd Nazi in places like Cottbus).

Also German football, from a fans' persepective, is simply the BEST in the world: cheap tickets, cheap transport, and of course terraces where you are allowed to drink BEER. Also, strangely, some of their chants are in English! (Which needless to say a vast majority of them can speak well).

Great place, great people.

Oct 25, 2003
-They're REALLY good in beer.......what struck me in berlin was that even the clubs were serving good stuff........go to a club here and its fosters, carlsberg etc.

-Lovely women, better than over here imo

-i ruddy love SAUSAGES

-FC St Pauli

-Kraftwerk :)

-Lena what won eurovision

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
they were fantastically friendly during World Cup 2006, put on a great World Cup with Fan Zones and even recorded their own version of Three Lions for us

oh and the PORK KNUCKLE
thumb.f3b3fb52599186b5f0f195f4e47cc2ef.75cca78afd278ab9fe6de0cb51928dcb.jpeg

All of this. with this..

BeerStein.png

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
[YT]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KwFp2y2i9yo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KwFp2y2i9yo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
German girls - sexy and uninhibited - well they were 10 years ago before i met my wife obviously

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here