Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Germans - 101 Reasons Why They Are Not All Bad

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
look we know they have a bit of a chequered history and they are a bit odd. They are like awkward people at parties who dont really like those sort of things. They try for a bit then go home go mental eat someone off the internet or invade an eastern european country and commit genocide.

but I have had some good laughs in Germany and they are alright really. Better than the French for starters. f***ing hell I had a night in Frankfurt that still makes me smile 10 years on.

Before we indulge in an orgy of VW turning over and foreign student bashing on Sunday, lets celebrate all thats good about the squareheaded looneys from that Europe.

What do you love about them?

nena1984.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Berlin, again a wonderful City, the Reichstag refurb was designed by British architect, Lord Norman Foster:

reichstag.jpg

reichstag_cuppola_final_sized.jpg

And of course, the Brandenburger Tor:

Brandenburg-Gate_2003-0800-11.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The fact that in Southern Germany they brew their own Snapps in their back garden.

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
Went to Germany for the 2006 World cup and have to say the German people were different class. One thing that highlighted this for me - 6 of us went over and one night got absolutlely hammered in a bar in the middle of Gelsenkirchen where we were to play Portugal.

Anyway the hotel we were staying in was in another town about 15 miles away - and come 2 am it was impossible to get a cab to take us. Anyway got chatting to this German Lad and his old man who offered us all a lift. Sure enough they walk us back to thier gaff and both drive us back. Wouldnt even take any cash for it.

I would still love to f***ing beat them though - just dont "hate" them anymore

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

I went to Neuschwanstein a few years back. It was simply amazing under the snow. It would have been amazing has it been finished fully on the inside.

There is no doubt from my own experience and from other comments that the German hospitality, especially in the South of the country, is very good.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
This is as good as it gets.
Great, huh?

[yt]PN_oDdGmKyA[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here