• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Impressive. They've even invented a fictitious Parliamentary constituency! :facepalm:
The Stroud constituency includes the west of Stroud. :thumbsup: :dunce:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Well said! The level of bile in that article is just ridiculous - and wtf has it got to do with New Zealand anyway?

It was written by an English guy. The tone isn't going to win anybody over but I suspect he's just venting. My main issue with it was the phrase "by in large." What the hell was that? :annoyed:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah, very good explanation........it's......it's........how can I put it............

..................'Desperate' is the word, I think.
:)
I'll tell you what is desperate.

Having the LibDems stand aside, to give the Tories and Labour a head to head battle and thinking 'oh goody look at all those lovely votes I can harvest'.

I'm not entirely sure how to class Ms Cato and the Green party hierarchy:-

Arrogance.
Stupid
Narrowminded.
Bumbling.
Idiots.
Shortsighted.

My guess is all of the above.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'll tell you what is desperate.

Having the LibDems stand aside, to give the Tories and Labour a head to head battle and thinking 'oh goody look at all those lovely votes I can harvest'.

I'm not entirely sure how to class Ms Cato and the Green party hierarchy:-

Arrogance.
Stupid
Narrowminded.
Bumbling.
Idiots.
Shortsighted.

My guess is all of the above.
You're not very familiar with Stroud (a small town near Gloucester), are you? :)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What is it with left being unable to accept defeat? You are assuming that all who voted, but nor for the Torys wants a leftist government, maybe a reasonable chunk wanted a centrist choice?

I myself am not a lefty, but a centrist, and have called for a more proportional system of representation since I've been eligible to vote, whoever has been in government. As far as I am concerned, at present, we have all lost.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I was a remainer but disgusted that MPs did everything to go against democratic vote. We are now hearing from labour supporters so many excuses including.Witch hunt against Corbyn, Brexit, Media against them and today heard an MP say shouldnt have agreed to a December election as this didnt suit labour voters.
For goodness sake all of us that voted Labour get over it and start making judgements of new government in a years time.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I myself am not a lefty, but a centrist, and have called for a more proportional system of representation since I've been eligible to vote, whoever has been in government. As far as I am concerned, at present, we have all lost.
We had a referendum on this. Most people - or a majority anyway - didn't want proportional representation.

I was a remainer but disgusted that MPs did everything to go against democratic vote. We are now hearing from labour supporters so many excuses including.Witch hunt against Corbyn, Brexit, Media against them and today heard an MP say shouldn't have agreed to a December election as this didnt suit labour voters.
For goodness sake all of us that voted Labour get over it and start making judgements of new government in a years time.
Seems to have suited us very well; we turned out in numbers and voted Conservative!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Libralisms rotting in the gutter rejected for the fantasy world it represents , mouldy"s correct it"s time to give your head a wobble again
Regards
DF

That's the funniest thing I've read on here today.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Doesn't matter. Nothing matters. People won't take any responsibility for the way they voted when the Tories don't fulfil any of their extremely vague manifesto 'pledges'.

I am happy that I will be able to sat if things start going wrong "Well, I didn't vote for them.

But if Brexit turns out to be messy and difficult, and they do not start working for those Labour voters who switched, they will have to face the electorate again in 5 years.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We had a referendum on this. Most people - or a majority anyway - didn't want proportional representation.

We didn't have a referendum on PR, we had a referendum on AV which is half-arsed.
The referendum occurred before the recent succession of hung parliaments.
It was a bit of a stitch up between the two main parties who were scared of losing power.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I am happy that I will be able to sat if things start going wrong "Well, I didn't vote for them.

But if Brexit turns out to be messy and difficult, and they do not start working for those Labour voters who switched, they will have to face the electorate again in 5 years.

Indeed, that is how democracy works I guess. :shrug:

Shame the Labour party is divided/hamstrung with Corbyn though. We could really do with a centralist/left influence in the house to provide some hope of balanced policies being passed. Or a Labour party that Labour supporters feel they can actually vote for come next election?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We didn't have a referendum on PR, we had a referendum on AV which is half-arsed.
The referendum occurred before the recent succession of hung parliaments.
It was a bit of a stitch up between the two main parties who were scared of losing power.
As you say, AV was/is a half arsed form of PR - and the referendum was essentially the result of pressure from some sources for PR. Any which way though, the nation didn't want it. Mainly I think because it would have lead to more hung Parliaments (something the electorate clearly showed they were thoroughly pissed off with last Thursday!)

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
So, just to be clear, you're in favour of taking votes off people in the UK?

I think you're going to be sadly disappointed with your first statement as well. Cummings may be pulling the strings at the moment but Boris is an absolute classic liberal. As London Mayor he was a total centerist, promoting cycling and energy saving Boris buses and was elected by a Remain supporting, multi-cultural city. He's a social liberal who thinks mainly with his cock. With a massive majority he'll be straight back to the centre. There'll be a few dog whistle policies, like "punishing" the BBC, to keep Cummings happy but the likes of Raab and Patel will be shifted stage right in the big re-shuffle.

We'll find out at some point either way the London set need to fall in line and stop thinking they're a separate entity
Regards
DF

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Got to hand it to the Tories, they don't miss a trick. All those carefully staged clips of shiny new northern Tory MPs in matching blue scarves catching the train from some grim Victorian northern railway edifice to down south and their wide-eyed new adventure at 'big school' in Westminster. Pure panto. Oh yes it is :xmas:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Got to hand it to the Tories, they don't miss a trick. All those carefully staged clips of shiny new northern Tory MPs in matching blue scarves catching the train from some grim Victorian northern railway edifice to down south and their wide-eyed new adventure at 'big school' in Westminster. Pure panto. Oh yes it is :xmas:

in a 'Things can only get better' kind of way. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here