• Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Beginning to worry about you....there's educating the ignorant....but next you be attempting to get the cat to recite 'The boy stood on the burning deck'. ??? :lolol: :wave:
The cat is capable but I don't know the words. Maybe Sea Fever by John Masefield?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
[/B]

Your true self comes shining through. No one has said the fault lies with one side only....
This has nothing to do with hypocrisy. Do you even understand what the term 'hypocrisy' means?

Ahhhh ..... and the usual arrogance and 'I know better than you' attitude comes shining through as well .....

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Ahhhh ..... and the usual arrogance and 'I know better than you' attitude comes shining through as well .....

Thank you for managing not to use foul language; it always helps. As the nonpareil of arrogance, I suppose you would know it so I will try and be a little more humble. Maybe you should should try it too.....

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
[/B]

Your true self comes shining through. No one has said the fault lies with one side only....
This has nothing to do with hypocrisy. Do you even understand what the term 'hypocrisy' means?

Then I respectfully suggest you look again at your post where you were quite adamant that the right wing influencers were responsible for all sorts of evils. Yes, you are right -my true self comes through: someone who is fed up with reading of others lashing out at huge numbers suggesting they are all wrong.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Totting up using Bet365’s latest individual party bet thresholds, the make up of the Commons would be:

Conservative 340 (2017 - 317)
Labour 225 (262)
SNP 44 (35)
LibDem 16 (12)
Other 25

If the LibDem return is anything like that, it’s a disaster. I thought they’d thrive, being the only Remain party of any size in England and Wales. On the other hand, 30 will be an excellent night.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I stood in the polling booth and looked at my ballot paper and it really brought home what a sorry state British politics is in.

I don’t mean the individual candidates I was faced with, but those ultimately leading the parties they represent.

Lib Dem’s got it, by default, for anyone interested.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Then I respectfully suggest you look again at your post where you were quite adamant that the right wing influencers were responsible for all sorts of evils. Yes, you are right -my true self comes through: someone who is fed up with reading of others lashing out at huge numbers suggesting they are all wrong.

Fair enough, except that I am referring to a relatively small number of right wing characters (such as the crew Johnson has assembled in his Government) who try to suggest that the poor are somehow largely responsible for their circumstances and immigrants are parasitic (not 'all sorts of evil'). The extreme left wing are equally to blame for seeking to 'punish' commercial success. Apologies for lack of clarity...

... but it has nothing to do with your, my or anybody else's hypocrisy,

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I stood in the polling booth and looked at my ballot paper and it really brought home what a sorry state British politics is in.

I don’t mean the individual candidates I was faced with, but those ultimately leading the parties they represent.

I fear for the younger generation... My god that really hits home that I am morphing into my grandad.

Tough tmes ahead for my kids I fear.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Am I right in saying that exit poll information is just from marginal seats

I heard somewhere in the last couple of days that they are always the same Polling Stations every time. I guess then it give a large database from previous elections for the current trend to gauge the result.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I heard somewhere in the last couple of days that they are always the same Polling Stations every time. I guess then it give a large database of from previous elections to gauge the trend to gauge the result.

There is someone at every polling station, I was asked at one in Hove earlier and the woman doing it said they ask 1 in 3 voters at each

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Same (in all respects)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There is someone at every polling station, I was asked at one in Hove earlier and the woman doing it said they ask 1 in 3 voters at each

"The distribution of votes is not even across different polling stations, and also varies at different times of day. As a result, a single exit poll may give an imperfect picture of the national vote. Instead, the exit poll is primarily used to calculate swing and turnout. Pollsters return to the same polling stations at the same times at each election, and by comparing the results with previous exit polls they can calculate how the distribution of votes has changed in that constituency. This swing is then applied to other similar constituencies, allowing an estimate of how national voting patterns have changed. The polling locations are chosen to cover the entire gamut of society and where possible, to include especially critical marginal seats. Data is presented in one of three ways, either as a table, graph or written interpretation. "

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Fair enough, except that I am referring to a relatively small number of right wing characters (such as the crew Johnson has assembled in his Government) who try to suggest that the poor are somehow largely responsible for their circumstances and immigrants are parasitic (not 'all sorts of evil'). The extreme left wing are equally to blame for seeking to 'punish' commercial success. Apologies for lack of clarity...

... but it has nothing to do with your, my or anybody else's hypocrisy,

Thank you for that and I respect the fact that you are clearly seeking common ground. I have to say that I have (genuinely) not seen any real evidence that his crew, as you put it, have blamed the poor or that immigrants are parasitic -where do you get this from? And I applaud the fact that you do see the dangers of the extreme left wing. I am NOT trying to gain points, and in fact I suspect that we might have more in common, when I suggest that a centre social democracy which helps the genuinely under-privileged, but also does not simply take from the successful, would be a desirable situation.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I thought about it long and hard and finally decided not to vote this time around for the reason you give above.

I couldn't bring myself to use my vote to endorse the leadership of any of the parties represented in my consituency. I think the LDs will receive quite a few 'default' votes but to be honest, Jo Swinson has run one of the worst campaigns in living memory (and that is saying something) and frankly doesn't deserve a single vote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here