• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
[TWEET]1204299182691037185[/TWEET]

It's incredible how quickly these stories appear and seem to spread to the key areas within the hour. Particularly, because I'm sure there's not a large team and huge amounts of money devoted to this, being directed from the very top :nono:

But to give them their due, you only have to read a couple of pages of this thread to see they are hitting their target market again, exactly as they did last time with the bus (which apparently, no one believed :facepalm:).

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It's incredible how quickly these stories appear and seem to spread to the key areas within the hour. Particularly, because I'm sure there's not a large team and huge amounts of money devoted to this, being directed from the very top :nono:

But to give them their due, you only have to read a couple of pages of this thread to see they are hitting their target market again, exactly as they did last time with the bus (which apparently, no one believed :facepalm:).

You can't reason with a person whose mind is emotionally locked and bolted. Boris Johnston's lies are legion, but the same people believe in his 'sunny Brexit uplands'. They know he frequently churns out untruths, but then are somehow manipulated into believing the old lie that all politicians are the equally untrustworthy; also they like the idea of believing Johnston's tales, to them he's a cheeky charming chappie. He's been fine tuning that persona for many years and can easily win over the gullible - they are predisposed in favour of his falsehoods.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1204123127493615618[/TWEET]

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth has defended a leaked recording - in which he apparently said Jeremy Corbyn becoming prime minister was "not going to happen" - as "banter" with a friend.

In the recording, published by political website Guido Fawkes, Mr Ashworth reportedly says Labour's election prospects nationally are "dire" because of "a combination of Corbyn and Brexit".

Mr Ashworth was appearing on the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme to talk about the NHS but was confronted with the story.

He says he made the comments to someone he thought was a friend, whom he describes as a Tory activist.

He says he was not being serious but "joshing" with the friend after he suggested the Tories' lead was narrowing.

“Of course I said it, but I’m winding him up," he tells the programme.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth has defended a leaked recording - in which he apparently said Jeremy Corbyn becoming prime minister was "not going to happen" - as "banter" with a friend.

He says he was not being serious but "joshing" with the friend after he suggested the Tories' lead was narrowing.

“Of course I said it, but I’m winding him up," he tells the programme.

It really doesn't sound like that, does it?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
pathological.png

I had to sleep on the floor of the hospital as I needed two beds together.Momentum need a new scriptwriter-getting a bit samey now.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It really doesn't sound like that, does it?

No, no it doesn't. This individual is clearly not wholly supportive of his party leader and election strategy. HOLD THE FRONT PAGE...!!!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No, no it doesn't. This individual is clearly not wholly supportive of his party leader and election strategy. HOLD THE FRONT PAGE...!!!!

He is the Shadow Health Secretary. He could be the HEALTH SECRETARY on Friday. Which does make it front page news in this febrile election atmosphere.

*** Stop Press ***

Ashworth pulls out of BBC Radio 5 Live interview

[MENTION=27442]Emma[/MENTION]Barnett tells listeners to 5 Live that the Shadow Health Secretary [MENTION=12824]JON[/MENTION]Ashworth has failed to turn up for a planned interview

D

Deleted member 2719

Tory party have almost tripled the national debt in nine years.

Oh dear Mouldy, even the Tories quit using that old tired line as it was indefensible upon examination. I think that you are suffering Stockholm Syndrome, poor chap.

I forgive you, because you don't know how stupid you are.

And that Ladies and Gentlemen is precisely what is wrong with this country, too many miopic people who can’t see past their own bubble of a small world. If it doesn’t hurt them, it doesn’t exist...!

Years of Tory infighting did that irrevocably.......

Come on guys use your head even a true Labour man wouldn't vote for Corbyn.

You all appear to be blind to how dangerous Corbyn would be for our country.

Shame on you all.

Yes, economic chaos. :mad::mad::mad:

'Get Brexit done'

Attachments

• sugar labour.png
    sugar labour.png
    144 KB · Views: 89

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1204353103111307264[/TWEET]

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Come on guys use your head even a true Labour man wouldn't vote for Corbyn.

You all appear to be blind to how dangerous Corbyn would be for our country.

Shame on you all.

Yes, economic chaos. :mad::mad::mad:

'Get Brexit done'

You have made the all too frequent mistake, that because I criticise the inhumane policies of the Tory party that I must then be a card carrying member of the Labour Party.

Assumption is a terrible thing!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I really wish I had voted for *Chaos with Ed Miliband*.

:down:

Mustn't make the same mistake again.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
He is the Shadow Health Secretary. He could be the HEALTH SECRETARY on Friday. Which does make it front page news in this febrile election atmosphere.

*** Stop Press ***

Ashworth pulls out of BBC Radio 5 Live interview

[MENTION=27442]Emma[/MENTION]Barnett tells listeners to 5 Live that the Shadow Health Secretary [MENTION=12824]JON[/MENTION]Ashworth has failed to turn up for a planned interview
It is just another piece of tittle tattle designed to distract people from the main issues.

It can't be only me who couldn't care less about what individual MPs and ministers say and don't say and who or what they shag.

The only questions that matter at this election are about policies.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
When looking for a balanced view I almost ALWAYS reach for the Sun and find Alan Sugar's view on things. He was as New Labour as you like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here