• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Johnson is going to get in, with a just about workable majority for a short time until some his own team leave because they realise they can’t work with him. He’ll carry on regardless, ****ing everything up that he touches. Meanwhile, Labour will have a short period of post-election infighting before a big clearout and new leader comes to the fore (as yet untouted), who proves to be very capable and rips BoJo to pieces week after week. BoJo’s government eventually collapses, there is another GE in about 3 years which Labour win comprehensively due to the carnage caused by BoJo.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can assure you that it didnt and didnt under Wilson or Callaghan either like most I suffered, as always, under a Labour PM for the debt the country was left in and I dread to think what that would be under Corbyn and his cronies.

Well, luckily for you, you're completely wrong. Again;

2010 when the Tory party took over government, National debt = £0.95 Tr

2019 after almost 10 years of a Tory government, National debt = £2.3 Tr

Oops! It's okay, I don't expect an apology.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
But it appears (certainly from this thread) that’s Cameron’s lie about Labour causing the 2008 financial crash with over spending is still believed by a fair few ignorant people.

These are the facts that many Tory voters just simply can’t compute:

1. It was a global crash caused by US property prices collapsing not Labour spending.
2. Labour did not have enough regulations in place for the financial industry. However, the Tories & Osbourne wanted more deregulation of banks throughout the Blair-Brown years which would have resulted in a much more catastrophic effect on the UK economy.
3. It’s true that Labour did not have the billions saved up to bail out the banks but should governments have these sorts of reserves?
4. Johnson’s far right government is all about Brexit and deregulation (exactly what got us in to trouble in 2008). His billionaire backers and the ERG want the UK opted out of the sort of EU financial regulations that would have prevented the 2008 crash. In essence, this will make the likes of Mogg filthy ****ing rich.

So, by voting Tory, you are putting the Country into a deregulated abyss where are highly vulnerable to crash and burn economics. And where are the rich bankers who gambled our economic welfare away?

The Chancellor of the Exchequer is one such ****!

The bank rollers of the Tory right are betting on a lot of market volatility, that's where the real money is made and they of course will have the inside scoop. There will be lots of it if Bojo gets a majority, probably a ramp up (as we are seeing), then a dump..

Deregulation has been their hidden agenda all the way along, immigration fear was the perfect tool to pretend "We're on your side". Nothing could be further from the truth, the masses are just pawns in their game

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Johnson is going to get in, with a just about workable majority for a short time until some his own team leave because they realise they can’t work with him. He’ll carry on regardless, ****ing everything up that he touches. Meanwhile, Labour will have a short period of post-election infighting before a big clearout and new leader comes to the fore (as yet untouted), who proves to be very capable and rips BoJo to pieces week after week. BoJo’s government eventually collapses, there is another GE in about 3 years which Labour win comprehensively due to the carnage caused by BoJo.

This.

D

Deleted member 2719

Please help me Clampy, I am so stupid can you help me rearrange these words.

ring in pipe his hot stuff Wilson's

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Yeap £2.275 trillion and still piling it on, more debt in 9 years than has been created in history.

http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/

Its the perfect time to be planning a spending spree, leaving the world's biggest free market block and pretending we can afford tax cuts.

MORE AUSTERITY, MORE DEBT OR BOTH

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Deregulation has been their hidden agenda all the way along, immigration fear was the perfect tool to pretend "We're on your side". Nothing could be further from the truth, the masses are just pawns in their game

Yep. All the politicians who wang on about how terrible immigration is would happily sell each and every one of us out and have us out of work tomorrow morning if they thought they could legally employ someone from a third world country for a few pence per day. The only exceptions to this rule are the actual racists & xenophobes.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But it appears (certainly from this thread) that’s Cameron’s lie about Labour causing the 2008 financial crash with over spending is still believed by a fair few ignorant people.

this old straw man. the accusation is Brown had planned too much spending, without consideration for the economic cycle, so was over extended when a crash occured. Brown thought he'd performed economic alchemy and nothing bad would happen. it doesnt matter what another party may or may not have done, his policies gave us a growing deficit before the 2008 crash.

Johnson’s far right government is all about Brexit and deregulation (exactly what got us in to trouble in 2008). His billionaire backers and the ERG want the UK opted out of the sort of EU financial regulations that would have prevented the 2008 crash. In essence, this will make the likes of Mogg filthy ****ing rich.
barking up the wrong tree, there are no such EU regulations, and a lot of the credit default swaps were/are on Euro denominated bonds, and some of the EU members are bricking it if there were another shock.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"The UK will have agreed and finalised a very ambitious deep and comprehensive trade deal by end of 2020"

Anyone on here believe him?

We are not even allowed to start negotiating deals until we have left. And we are a loooooong way off leaving (unless it’s no deal) if we ever leave.

It seems Bohnson has slunk off and pushed Javid out front to peddle a few last minute lies on his behalf. The liar and the wimp. Who in their right mind could vote for these fools?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yeap £2.275 trillion and still piling it on, more debt in 9 years than has been created in history.

http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/

Its the perfect time to be planning a spending spree, leaving the world's biggest free market block and pretending we can afford tax cuts.

MORE AUSTERITY, MORE DEBT OR BOTH

what taxes would we like to see rise or spending cut to start lowering the debt?

bear in mind the generous Labour manifesto plans to find £80bn from taxes and spend it all, while promising to add £650bn. are we in favour of debt reduction?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This truly worries me. No government is above the law. Johnson will do what he wants and nobody would be able to challenge him. In other words, a dictatorship.

[tweet]1201933751611203584[/tweet]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A once wise man once said ....

.... despite the messenger having turned to the dark side, some truths remain eternal.

Digging up things he said from 2 years ago............

The psychological torment of rejection manifests itself in many forms, but I didn't realise someone from Faversham on the internet you don't know putting you on ignore had caused so much for you. :nono:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you believe this you are in for a shock

Boris has been proved to be a liar time and time again and is still going to stroll into number 10

People don’t can’t he is a liar.

That's not what I said. I said if he delivers then people will be happy, and if he doesn't he'll be ousted.

I didnt say anything about whether he'll get in. (He obviously will).

I agree that some people don't care he's a liar, and will still vote for him. It is easier to do this now that Trump has been so successful (delivering some of his promises, still POTUS, for the time being, anyway, and still with spport of Sheffield Wednesday proportions). But this is because they think things will be great with Boris as PM. I don't think the people who are going to vote for Boris are doing so because they think he will make things worse.

Anyway, a lot of people will be like BG - they will still believe things have got better under Boris because that's what they want to believe. Like religious types who thank god for all their good fortune and pass off bad fortune as god's will (or work of the devil) - god always wins.

My expectation is that Boris will spaff everything up the wall, but I admit that I don't like Boris so my expecatation is clouded by dislike. Maybe he'll Get Brexit Done and everything will be well. I don't believe that but again that's partly because I don't want to leave the EU. :shrug:

Bottom line is it is still possible that Boris will make things work, and if he doesn't he'll be ousted. That was all I was saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here