• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Perhaps the word I was looking for instead of care might be aggressive then?

Wow....

You’ve seen the footage of the Thatcher years, then? Lots of political outrage then and no social media had been invented.

As I said, I was just surprised that you thought that anyone cared less (or were less aggressive about it) before social media.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The first person to show signs of a superior intellect on the Brexit thread was [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION], post circa 86 iirc, he was/is a remainer although I don’t know which side of the halfway line he sits with his political leanings , that post was back in April 16 [emoji102]

Thanks for pulling me back into this debate.

Now, before we get going, were you being sincere or sarcastic? If it's the former, then I have no superior intellect. If it's the latter, then I'm happy to debate whatever point/post it is you are referring to.

I am still a remainer, but as with all things Brexit, nothing is black and white. Unfortunately, Mr Johnson and Mr Farage treat everything like it is black and white which is why their political positions are so much easier to communicate.

For me, I think Brexit will happen and has to happen. We are in such a damaged state, politically that we have to leave to see the sense of staying in. I believe it was a point that I made pretty soon after the referendum. We are so divided that we need to separate ourselves in order to pull ourselves together. However, we will reach the conclusion that we are weaker outside the EU than we were when we held a highly influential place in one of the biggest trading blocs in the world. But, to heal the divisions, I think leaving is necessary.

That said, I will continue to go on Peoples Vote marches; I'll continue to argue for why we should remain; I'll even vote remain if there is a second referendum, because I know it will cause the country pain.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1200349248786698240[/tweet]

Yes RUBBLED it didn't take long

He had the public in 2016 "he was an idiot", if we fall for it again in 2019, we are idiots and only can blame ourselves

ITS ALL ABOUT TRUST

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thanks for pulling me back into this debate.

Now, before we get going, were you being sincere or sarcastic? If it's the former, then I have no superior intellect. If it's the latter, then I'm happy to debate whatever point/post it is you are referring to.

I am still a remainer, but as with all things Brexit, nothing is black and white. Unfortunately, Mr Johnson and Mr Farage treat everything like it is black and white which is why their political positions are so much easier to communicate.

For me, I think Brexit will happen and has to happen. We are in such a damaged state, politically that we have to leave to see the sense of staying in. I believe it was a point that I made pretty soon after the referendum. We are so divided that we need to separate ourselves in order to pull ourselves together. However, we will reach the conclusion that we are weaker outside the EU than we were when we held a highly influential place in one of the biggest trading blocs in the world. But, to heal the divisions, I think leaving is necessary.

That said, I will continue to go on Peoples Vote marches; I'll continue to argue for why we should remain; I'll even vote remain if there is a second referendum, because I know it will cause the country pain.

You are a massive intellectual show-off though to be fair, throwing your intelligence around, making reasoned points, arguing your personal opinion using big words and stuff. Honestly, it's like you're rubbing the rest of our noses in our own ignorant thickness. :hilton:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
HOLY SH1T

Channel 4 hosts LEADERS debate, everyone excepts, Boris declines, EVENT CANCLELLED

Channel 4 hosts first ever LEADERS debate on climate change, everyone excepts, Boris declines, TORIES SEND DAD AND GOVE

Channel 4 tells Tories, sorry this is a LEADERS debate

Tory threaten to remove Channel 4 broadcasting licence

WE WERE WARNED - this is a turning point for free media in the UK
Yeah, well Johnson has funny hair so let's vote for him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As to the stunt of sending Gove to the climate debate, we already had one drip (the ice-melt) representing the Tory party, so why deploy another?

Seriously, I know there is a view that NSC is dominated by lefty/liberals, but there must be some decent Conservative supporters who are at least concerned at the way their party is handling this election?

Well I'm a *natural tory*, very *one-nation* and I've abandoned the rabble of dirty tricksters that has taken over, and is hell bent on leading the country to ruin.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Stanley Johnson on Victoria Derbyshire about the Channel 4 debate row.

"That requires a degree of literacy which I think the great British public doesn't necessarily have, They couldn't spell Pinocchio if they tried"

Ooopsie. Their contempt of the working class is showing again.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Stanley Johnson on Victoria Derbyshire about the Channel 4 debate row.

"That requires a degree of literacy which I think the great British public doesn't necessarily have, They couldn't spell Pinocchio if they tried"

Ooopsie. Their contempt of the working class is showing again.

Like father, like son....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You’ve seen the footage of the Thatcher years, then? Lots of political outrage then and no social media had been invented.

As I said, I was just surprised that you thought that anyone cared less (or were less aggressive about it) before social media.

All I’ll say is a small percentage compared to the rest of the nation protested, I get that , many many millions more carried on with their lives as normal and as for seeingthe footage I was born in 69 so lived through her entire time as PM. [emoji106]

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
There are now so many Tory fake news stories I'm not sure I can keep up. Did we mention that they've been fake editing the BBC, who are far from happy?

maxresdefault.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes RUBBLED it didn't take long

He had the public in 2016 "he was an idiot", if we fall for it again in 2019, we are idiots and only can blame ourselves

ITS ALL ABOUT TRUST

I agree, trust in our politics and our democratic system. One referendum result still to be enacted, one General election result where both HM Government and the official opposition party promised to enact the referendum result ... still waiting. In this election, there is only one political choice if trust is to be maintained in our democracy.

#letsgetbrexitdone

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
daft move by conservatives and counterproductive. duck out of event then highlight you ducked out and make it a bigger news issue... im not convinced Cummings et al are the genius made out to be, this is going to be focus of the news cycle today and only negative.

There's a quote from Hunter S Thompson on the US Campaign Trail that I could look up if I could be arsed that says words to the effect that if the candidate is ten percent ahead in the polls then it makes perfect sense to hunker down, keep public appearances to a minimum and say nothing more controversial than 'God Bless America'. Same applies here. Last thing Boris wants to be doing is be mauled by Andrew Neil (again) or waffle on unconvincingly about climate change, a subject he clearly doesn't know or give a shit about. Cummings knows his stuff and knows his candidate.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
There are now so many Tory fake news stories I'm not sure I can keep up. Did we mention that they've been fake editing the BBC, who are far from happy?

BBC demands Tories take down Facebook ads

There was a theory voiced by someone (I forget who) on Politics Live earlier in the week that fake news is a very deliberate tactic to keep certain issues in the headlines. The example they used was the way that new nurses was announced - the country at large now knows that the Tories will increase nursing numbers but the figures are open to debate, therefore keeping the key point (increases) in the news. As this was discussed for 10 minutes on QT last night, I would say that as a tactic it is working.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There was a theory voiced by someone (I forget who) on Politics Live earlier in the week that fake news is a very deliberate tactic to keep certain issues in the headlines. The example they used was the way that new nurses was announced - the country at large now knows that the Tories will increase nursing numbers but the figures are open to debate, therefore keeping the key point (increases) in the news. As this was discussed for 10 minutes on QT last night, I would say that as a tactic it is working.

Yep, there's only one reason why Gove turned up at Channel 4 last night knowing he wouldn't be let in.

Meanwhile

[tweet]1200332812924129280[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here