Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
112 yesterday, down to 50 today!

Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 23.21.56.png

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You know why your broadband gets faster all the time?

Because there is a free market and competition.

As soon as Sky can offer you 10GB download speeds, Virgin work to offer you 20GB. Then sky work to go faster. & Cheaper.

A government monopoly in the provision of broadband will result in quality decreasing, cost increasing, and fewer and fewer people having access.

The government cannot provide products and services only the market place can.

Today, if your broadband breaks down you phone your supplier and they want to keep your business, so solving your problem matters to them.

Good luck when you have to phone the government's broadband department because you have a problem.

Labour are ridiculous.
Which is utter bollocks in reality because there are many areas of this country (some you would be very surprised about) where if there are any providers there are only one.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
So the answer is no you don't oppose government subsidies to private companies in all circumstances.

Depends if providing subsidies to private companies to encourage/incentivise them to roll out super high-speed broadband at a much faster rate including to non/less profitable rural areas is a better more affordable option than having the state do it.

No I don't oppose all subsidies. I do oppose them in the telecom sector. If they're reliant on public money and the public can get it cheaper long term, then it's a good idea, non?

Is it a good thing then?

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Which is utter bollocks in reality because there are many areas of this country (some you would be very surprised about) where if there are any providers there are only one.

Do you wonder why that is ??. Why don't any of the other providers exist or run their own networks out to rural areas ??. Surprisingly it costs 100,000s of pounds. which none of them apart from BT are prepared to invest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you wonder why that is ??. Why don't any of the other providers exist or run their own networks out to rural areas ??. Surprisingly it costs 100,000s of pounds. which none of them apart from BT are prepared to invest.

But BT will be nationalised so it wont matter how much money they lose or what the cost is because on Corbyns figures anything is possible until you get to the point of reality and the true costs.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Tories 1870:
Free Education would mean anarchy.
Tories 1916:
Votes for women would destroy our society.
Tories 1944:
Free healthcare would bankrupt our country.
Tories 2019:
Free Broadband is crazed Communism.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

...& if there were two the people who lived there would be paying less...

Wonderful grasp of the English language you have by the way.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Tories 1870:
Free Education would mean anarchy.
Tories 1916:
Votes for women would destroy our society.
Tories 1944:
Free healthcare would bankrupt our country.
Tories 2019:
Free Broadband is crazed Communism.

Nearly a third of the country are crazed Communists too according to YouGov.

poll.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[tweet]1195611042715447297[/tweet]

Yesterday I was almost taken in by the media's quotes of outraged tory bluster about Labour's broad band idea. Nobody blustering mentioned 'by 2030'. I wonder how soon the criticism will be spun around to make it sound like Labour's broadband policy is 'too little, too late' ? ???

I have had it with all the tory lies and, when you add in stuff like that above - can't even deal with flammable cladding, FFS - the tories are now Dead To Me.

I'm voting labour. The prancing ninnies, who will doubtless call me a deluded commie-loving IRA-supporting tosser, can absolutley do one.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Let us hope that all those in favour have public sector or DB pensions, because if McDonnell gets his way and continues his raids on industry, those poor saps whose pension funds depend on the stockmarket are going to take a hit!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Yesterday I was almost taken in by the media's quotes of outraged tory bluster about Labour's broad band idea. Nobody blustering mentioned 'by 2030'. I wonder how soon the criticism will be spun around to make it sound like Labour's broadband policy is 'too little, too late' ? ???

I have had it with all the tory lies and, when you add in stuff like that above - can't even deal with flammable cladding, FFS - the tories are now Dead To Me.

I'm voting labour. The prancing ninnies, who will doubtless call me a deluded commie-loving IRA-supporting tosser, can absolutley do one.

I wouldn't dream of calling you names, Harry, but as a uni lecturer you no doubt have a nice secure pension, despite recent changes, and will be somewhat sheltered from the financial lunacy of the far left. Some of us are rather more exposed to the danger.
You deluded.......................
Oh sorry, I wasn't going to say that.
Lots of Love,
A prancing ninnie.:kiss:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here