Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Gang Bang Details From The Sun

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
edna krabappel said:
forensic in these cases isn't about proving that sex took place though.

Any defending QC would simply argue she consented, therefore they have to prove (using forensic evidence) that she tried to fight them off.

Bruises?
Its difficult to tellw hat would be argued, but so far in the details that are proovable or disproovable are.

Bruises
Multiple sex partners
She was sober.
She appears to come from a good home as well. That may mean nothing to you but it does in the leagal system.

GG
You are an arsehole and by your attitude a single one at that I would guess.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The fact that most of em appear to be black will make liberals cringe and cause a lot of shit.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Doesn't anyone else think the law should protect the identity of both the accuser and the accused until after a conviction?

It would stop the tabloids printing this kind of thing until after any court case. And surely that would be good.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Just in alleged rape cases ? or all 'sexual' allegations ?

'Until after a conviction' would mean court trials behind closed doors - or gagging orders on the press - but what about websites etc... where the information would be just as public ?

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
trueblue said:
Nonsense. In what way? All they have to do is find twelve jurors who are not interested in football and who therefore will probably have taken hardly any notice of the story.
There's actually very little there in terms of important detail, and the court case, if there is one, will be so far down the road that most of it will be forgotten. They haven't named any of the players allegedly involved, and therefore there's nothing hugely prejudicial so far - like, for instance, any mention of someone's previous criminal convictions.

If any of these players get formally charged, their names will automatically be in the public domain. They have no legal right of anonymity unlike the alleged victim. The Sun is the biggest selling Newspaper in the UK. Whilst I don't think we should overestimate the importance of football I think this will be such a big story that it will be very difficult to see how anyone cannot have an angle on it. I find it hard to believe that the Hull jurors in the Bowyer Woodgate case came to that case without any prejudices.

In any event, whether or not they get a fair trial, if they are charged then their names will be in the public domain and their "reputations" (such as they are) will be in tatters. The Sun should not have had a sniff of this unless or until someone is charged. Who told them about it? If it's the police that is scandalous, if it is the girl then if I was the defence counsel of any of these footballers that would be my major line of attack.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Titanic said:
Just in alleged rape cases ? or all 'sexual' allegations ?

'Until after a conviction' would mean court trials behind closed doors - or gagging orders on the press - but what about websites etc... where the information would be just as public ?

It worked in the Jonathan King case. No one knew anything about this until he had been convicted, although it came as no surprise!

I agree with Duncan H. There MUST be anonymity for the accused. In my view the pendulum has swung too far in favour of the alleged victims in these cases. It should be in all cases where the accused is likely to be placed on the sex offenders register at the end of the case if found guilty.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Jambo - first, I agree with you about the scandal of police releasing details. May not have happened in this case, but there are many, many times when arrests are more like press conferences these days - only for no charges to be brought. That's a serious problem.

As for the names coming out after charges, that's true, but from that point onwards the publicity would largely die down because stories then run a much higher risk of being in contempt of court.

By then, some damage to the defendants' reputations may have been done which would only be repaired by an acquittal in court, which is not good. But I don't think anything said so far would be likely to have prejudiced a jury against any defendants. Just from reading this message board, it's pretty clear that most of the prejudice is against the accuser who's already being seen as a 'money-grabber'. As courts are only worried about prejudice against defendants (the onus being on the prosecution to prove the case) it's pretty unlikely anything said so far would collapse a trial.

Must say I find it fairly amusing that the mass reaction is to lay into the press for their reporting. The internet frenzy shows how much interest there is in the story, which makes us all hypocrites! The only way to stop newspapers going over the top on stories like this is to take away the demand - in other words, don't buy them.

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
I still find it strange that no-one is yet 'helping police with their enquiries'.

I would have thought that after the initial examinations by a doctor etc. there would have been enough in his report to suggest what did or did not take place.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If this did happen, 9 times out of ten it seems to be the girls own fault, IMHO. And her being a goody-2-shoes 17yo Catholic girl too. Not so angelic is she, agreeing to have a shag with the first one. Still, it doesn't forgive the fact about the other ones. How many other 1-nighters has she had?
Makes me :sick:

Apologies to any DAFT bints that tend to dissagree.

Last edited:

Everest said:
If this did happen, 9 times out of ten it seems to be the girls own fault, IMHO. And her being a goody-2-shoes 17yo Catholic girl too. Not so angelic is she, agreeing to have a shag with the first one. Still, it doesn't forgive the fact about the other ones. How many other 1-nighters has she had?
Makes me :sick:

Apologies to any DAFT bints that tend to dissagree.

No I completely agree. Whatsoongoal had a complete fit when I posted this myself.

Anyway, the situation is dodgy and my "contact" says that it's very likely making it up.

Also, she was seen 3 hours later talking to the players on ctv

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Looney - It takes an arsehole to know one and I am married. I feel very strongly that both parties in a situtation like this should either both have anonmity or both have their names released in the public domian.

This is a discussion board and that is what I am doing. Based on the details and the fact that the girl has relived the supposed horrific details to the press that my hunch is its a load of rubbish the same as the Hamilton and Leslie accusations were.

It is obvious accusations of rape will predominantly be made by Women because of the nature of the act. True rape is horendous but I don't think people should be able to make accusations that can destroy people's lives/careers/relationships and then hide behind being anonymous.

I don't think the facts add up on this and a true rape victim would not want to relive the tale to the press 3 days afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here