Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The fuel pump is long enough to stretch round, you imbecile.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I just find it amazing that we can have a four page thread predicated on the fact that some people prefer to take a little longer to do something, with no effect on anyone other than themselves. We may as well have a thread based on the fact that some people are so utterly stupid that they habitually put their left shoe on before their right.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If people want to queue for "the right side" then let them as it means I can pull up and fill from either side and get merrily on my way. Job jobbed.

Around here when all this was fields, Petrol was 4/6d a gallon, and proper football was played at the Goldstone. At the Grenadier in Hove, there was the Light Blue Filling Station. It was actually an ordinary shop premises with a pavement in front.
When you pulled up for your 1/2 gallon, a man rushed out and asked your requirements while another chap cleaned your windscreen. You could only arrive from one direction as Hangleton Road was a trend setter and is a dual carriage way. Having ascertained the type of petrol that was wanted the petrol dispensing man would get the hose from the desired pump, the hose was attached to an overhead arm that enabled the hose to cross the pavement and reach either side of the car. Genius.
Returning your keys if the car had a locking cap, not many did, and having scraped together your 2/3d you were sent on your way with a cheery wave and a thank you Sir.
Sadly the world is not like that anymore, and neither is the Light Blue Filling Station.

Don't...i've just commented how much I like Selhurst, i'm welling up thinking of the Goldstone :( Hopefully the 'Day-Jan' van will be passing in a minute and I can comfort myself with a little cake with icing and a cherry on the top for 3p

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I just find it amazing that we can have a four page thread predicated on the fact that some people prefer to take a little longer to do something, with no effect on anyone other than themselves. We may as well have a thread based on the fact that some people are so utterly stupid that they habitually put their left shoe on before their right.

Those people also wear their wife's underwear

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Actually in all seriousness it CAN have an effect. If the petrol station is popular you get cars queuing out into the road. An analysis of the queue will show that some of those waiting on the forecourt (and blocking the entrance) are those waiting for a pump to become available on the 'right' side. So taking 'a little longer' is pissing people off and may result in 'pump rage' as an ordinary bloke shouts at the precious twats "Use both lanes you morons!". Not that I've ever done that myself of course.:whistle:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Wrong in both counts again!

You're not very good at this :lol:

You bought a Zafira? As in, handed over cash for one? No........can't be true, you must have been able to get the best credit deal in the world or something like that, or maybe someone gave it to you as a punishment?

Anyway, point is that repeatedly allowing a fuel line, covered in who knows what, to drag across your paintwork will without doubt damage the appearance in time. You may not care, or may not notice, but it will happen. The same as it does to people who use their car roof as a shelf to put things on whilst locking/unlocking, loading/unloading their vehicle. I have seen coffee cups, keys, bags of shopping, briefcases all stored on a cars paintwork. Does it do any harm? Not if you say so, carry on.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You bought a Zafira? As in, handed over cash for one? No........can't be true, you must have been able to get the best credit deal in the world or something like that, or maybe someone gave it to you as a punishment?

Anyway, point is that repeatedly allowing a fuel line, covered in who knows what, to drag across your paintwork will without doubt damage the appearance in time. You may not care, or may not notice, but it will happen. The same as it does to people who use their car roof as a shelf to put things on whilst locking/unlocking, loading/unloading their vehicle. I have seen coffee cups, keys, bags of shopping, briefcases all stored on a cars paintwork. Does it do any harm? Not if you say so, carry on.

Were it a bog standard zafira I'd agree with you, mine however isn't :lol:

If you clean your car correctly (with a decent polish) and regularly it will cause no damage. 15/20 years ago maybe - so if you're driving something relatively modern it's fine.

Think you're worrying about nothing really.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyway, point is that repeatedly allowing a fuel line, covered in who knows what, to drag across your paintwork will without doubt damage the appearance in time. You may not care, or may not notice, but it will happen.

I'm sorry, but that is utter bobbins. Its a rubber hose. It doesn't come into contact with the floor, so its not covered in anything. It just rests on my rear window. There is not a single mark on my paintwork as a result of this, and I've had the car more than 3 years.

If you were talking about a hosepipe thats been dragged around on the floor during the course of washing the car then I'd agree with you, that can gather grit and its not something you'd then want to then drag all over the car. But fuel hoses ? Mmmnah. No problemo.

Amazing the disagreements you can have on NSC isn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here