Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The fuel pump is long enough to stretch round, you imbecile.

Dickyboy

Feb 2, 2009
rustington
Filling it yourself how does that work have to ask the chauffeur what all the fuss is about, when did they phase out the attendants then?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Couple of points.
Pump fits across on my car but at Asda (Hollingbury) today I checked first before 'pay at pump' and putting my card in.
But more embarrassing is my Transit van. Cap on passengers side and iCAN NOT be filled from wrong side. Many times I've had to pull away and go all the way around when I've pulled in the wrong side.

I got caught out filling up a transit in a village in france, a single pump jobby and no way to turn round and come back facing the other way and I was pretty close to running on fumes.
Solution: firmly grasp hose, open drivers door, climb through cab and out passenger door, fill up. Enjoy the odd looks from locals (most smiled in a way that suggested they thought I was a loon, but were a little impressed)

East Stand Milf

Dec 1, 2012
I pulled onto the forecourt noted the little Seat patiently waiting for the right hand pumps.
Both left hand pumps were vacant.
I duly topped up, bought a paper, stood in the queue, got served, sauntered back to the car, left the forecourt, filtered into the traffic, drove round the petrol shop and left.

As I was leaving I noted the Seat still patiently waiting. :facepalm:

Yes it was a woman (naturally :lol:)

And yes it feels great to be posting non Albion stuff.

perhaps SHE wasn't in a hurry and didn't want to stretch the filthy petrol hose across herself or her car ! I personally too would rather wait than do this too ! Not all women are thick or shit drivers and not all men are perfect either ! I'd stick to the footie subjects if I were you ........... as you probably know all about it being male ......... naturally !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
perhaps SHE wasn't in a hurry and didn't want to stretch the filthy petrol hose across herself or her car ! I personally too would rather wait than do this too ! Not all women are thick or shit drivers and not all men are perfect either ! I'd stick to the footie subjects if I were you ........... as you probably know all about it being male ......... naturally !

Oh a woman missing the irony.

(That's ironic :lol:)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Are you Lady Gull's evil twin sister ?.... Er, lol ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I got caught out filling up a transit in a village in france, a single pump jobby and no way to turn round and come back facing the other way and I was pretty close to running on fumes.
Solution: firmly grasp hose, open drivers door, climb through cab and out passenger door, fill up. Enjoy the odd looks from locals (most smiled in a way that suggested they thought I was a loon, but were a little impressed)
You know you've had your arse handed to you, when a comedy petrol pump story is the NSC highlight of the day.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm a woman and guilty of said crime - despite the old fella saying pump will stretch - it's a woman thing I'm afraid !!!😳

your old fella is right
if you rub and pull on the hose with both hands it will get longer

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Useless factoid.
If you happen to be driving a car and are unsure which side the filler cap is [yes I know most of you are saying it doesn't actually matter], then the fuel warning light on the dash will show you. The little fuel pump icon that lights up will show the nozzle as either on the left or the right and this WILL match to your car filler cap side. [have a look next time].

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Seriously, if you are unable to fill up simply by pulling the hose a few feet over your car you ought to douse yourself with the fuel and light a match, numpties.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
What are these "petrol stations" you speak of ? I have my petrol delivered by Harrods.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Useless factoid.
If you happen to be driving a car and are unsure which side the filler cap is [yes I know most of you are saying it doesn't actually matter], then the fuel warning light on the dash will show you. The little fuel pump icon that lights up will show the nozzle as either on the left or the right and this WILL match to your car filler cap side. [have a look next time].
Wow that has the potential to be brilliant.

I am absolutely going to run down every vehicle I ever drive, just to check that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here