Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The fuel pump is long enough to stretch round, you imbecile.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I pulled onto the forecourt noted the little Seat patiently waiting for the right hand pumps.
Both left hand pumps were vacant.
I duly topped up, bought a paper, stood in the queue, got served, sauntered back to the car, left the forecourt, filtered into the traffic, drove round the petrol shop and left.

As I was leaving I noted the Seat still patiently waiting. :facepalm:

Yes it was a woman (naturally :lol:)

And yes it feels great to be posting non Albion stuff.

D

Deleted member 18477

not all of them are long enough ive found. look like a proper tit then!

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I had the same experience this morning at my local Sainsbury's who have even put up some new signs saying 'extra long hoses at all pumps'. It does make me laugh every time.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
not all of them are long enough ive found. look like a proper tit then!

This. And they can f*ck your paintwork. And it's really awkward. And it often stops them from cutting out properly and you spill petrol. And I have a bad back and pulling them round my car does it a mischief. And I shouldn't be starting sentences with "and". So I almost always queue for a pump on the correct side. Apart from that carry on.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
This. And they can f*ck your paintwork. And it's really awkward. And it often stops them from cutting out properly and you spill petrol. And I have a bad back and pulling them round my car does it a mischief. And I shouldn't be starting sentences with "and". So I almost always queue for a pump on the correct side. Apart from that carry on.

Park closer then.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Never had a problem with using the "wrong" side pump in any car in 25 years of driving :shrug:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I've been driving for a long time and I never pull the pump lead over the car. It leads to spillages and cutting out of the
flow. Plus you look a prat if it doesn't stretch.

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
I'm a woman and guilty of said crime - despite the old fella saying pump will stretch - it's a woman thing I'm afraid !!!��

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
I pulled onto the forecourt noted the little Seat patiently waiting for the right hand pumps.
I duly topped up, bought a paper, stood in the queue, got served, sauntered back to the car, left the forecourt, filtered into the traffic, drove round the petrol shop and left.

A woman you say? In the driver seat?

Whatever next

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Couple of points.
Pump fits across on my car but at Asda (Hollingbury) today I checked first before 'pay at pump' and putting my card in.
But more embarrassing is my Transit van. Cap on passengers side and CAN NOT be filled from wrong side. Many times I've had to pull away and go all the way around when I've pulled in the wrong side.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I park bloody close thank you. Still impossible to do it without scraping it across your car.

Really, just how wide is your car then?

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea

And yes it feels great to be posting non Albion stuff.

frabz-Cool-story-bro-52adac.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've never seen a pump that won't fit round to the other side. Absolutely mental sitting there queuing for one thats on "your side".

Its a rubber hose, does no damage or scraping whatsoever on my rear windscreen when it rests on it. Some of you need to MAN UP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here