Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Forty Notes Fund

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
B.W. said:
Get Fatboy Slim to do a gig... but this time he charges...

Elton John did it for Watford.
:D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Seriously, it needs to be something that would appeal to a lot of Albion fans rather than the 50 odd regulars on here.
That way it raises a lot more money.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
That should say 'local' regulars who would be able to attend. :dunce:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Uncle Buck said:
We want to RAISE money.

ok heres the re-think

For every point we drop fans pay say £1.00 and players pay £100 and MM pays £500 and DK and MP pay £500.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why not tap into the Gay market.

Get photographs of the players heads and dongs, and you pay £1 a go to match them up. With 20 first teamers there are lots of combinations, and you can buy as many tickets as you like

Winner gets to shag Jake Robinson.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
El Presidente said:
Why not tap into the Gay market.

Get photographs of the players heads and dongs, and you pay £1 a go to match them up .

Would these be limp or aroused dongs, KIERAN?

Why don't we have a sponsored soggy biscuit competition? We could get some massive sponsorship from Huntley & Palmers or McVitie and participants could pay a tenner a shot.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The Large One said:
Unfortunately, the Forty Notes Fund cupboard is bare (all bar about a grand or so). So the kitty needs topping up. Unfortunately, it is now too late for the January transfer window, but we will be looking to arrange some fundraising dos towards the end of the season to help get some new players in the summer.

There are two fundamental problems with organising stuff. (1) It can be a pain in the arse at times ringing round organsing things, scrounging prizes, asking places to be rented for free etc etc (2) It's often the usual suspects who turn up - (ask Attila about the Tom Hark single) which of course we're grateful for, but it would be nice to see some new faces. It's no problem doing these events if I was sure that anything we do is well-supported.

I spoke to Yorkie and THPP, who suggested I do another quiz night (no problem), but can I ask NSC for some SENSIBLE suggestions as to how we help raise money to get new players, please?

I'll start the ball rolling with a couple. One time, someone suggested doing a fundraising karaoke night. Alternatively (or maybe additionally) we can have an NSC meet-up which can double as a fundraising piss-up. Like Is said, sensible suggestions, please.

Thanks. :)

Perhapse the Daft Bints could bake some cakes and sell them at home matches? ???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Maybe we could make them space cakes so even if we don't get three points, it will seem like it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
I know - we'll get The Who to do a gig. :lolol: :rolleyes:

Why are you taking the p1$$?... last time I looked, Norman Cook was funding our club in a big, big way... and would make considerably more than ANY other idea I have seen here so far... :angry:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
Elton John did it for Watford.
:D

Exactly... so why is the NSC clique taking the p1ss out of the suggestion?...

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Re: Re: The Forty Notes Fund

3gulls said:
Perhapse the Daft Bints could bake some cakes and sell them at home matches? ???

So whats wrong with my idea of getting them all to do a strip ? and we sponcer that ???? (personally i think its a great idea and yet to be bettered !!!) :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: :love: :love:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: Re: The Forty Notes Fund

The Large One said:
Or maybe I could. Or you could.

If i cooked tham they would never sell! Anyway, the old bill would take them off of me at the gate, just in case they were thrown at the away fans and one got killed! :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Why not play sccc at cricket?

Or get SCCC to play BHA at football.

I certainly remember at least one cricket match between the Albion and Sussex - a well-attended one too.I seem to remember that Ken Tiler scored quite a few runs.

SCCC would want a share of the wonga though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here