Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Forty Notes Fund

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Unfortunately, the Forty Notes Fund cupboard is bare (all bar about a grand or so). So the kitty needs topping up. Unfortunately, it is now too late for the January transfer window, but we will be looking to arrange some fundraising dos towards the end of the season to help get some new players in the summer.

There are two fundamental problems with organising stuff. (1) It can be a pain in the arse at times ringing round organsing things, scrounging prizes, asking places to be rented for free etc etc (2) It's often the usual suspects who turn up - (ask Attila about the Tom Hark single) which of course we're grateful for, but it would be nice to see some new faces. It's no problem doing these events if I was sure that anything we do is well-supported.

I spoke to Yorkie and THPP, who suggested I do another quiz night (no problem), but can I ask NSC for some SENSIBLE suggestions as to how we help raise money to get new players, please?

I'll start the ball rolling with a couple. One time, someone suggested doing a fundraising karaoke night. Alternatively (or maybe additionally) we can have an NSC meet-up which can double as a fundraising piss-up. Like Is said, sensible suggestions, please.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Cake stall at the next home game

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
JUMBLE SALE.

Isn't that where we got McCammon from?

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
Sponsered walk (run?) from the old Goldstone site to the stadium site at Falmer. Raise money and highlight the Falmer issue at the same time.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
KinkyHitler said:
Public hanging of mcghee?
Perhaps hanging is a bit harsh, sacking maybe and then we might have a manager to spend the tiny bit of money WISELY.

Last edited:

Dr Feelgood

Banned
Feb 15, 2004
worthing
Auction, get everone pissed before and then people will pay over the odds, I will even donate my Albion Programe from 1964 v Oxford that is signed by Bobby Smith, worth about a tenner but it all helps.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Uncle Buck said:
I will sponsor London Irish not to post on here until the end of the season....

Thats gotta be worth about a GRAND ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why not have a raffle and the winner gets to be a member of the first team squad for next season.

The club 'auctioned' this on Ebay a couple of years ago, but a raffle would raise more money. If we sell tickets for £1 each, a lot of people would be willing to chance their arm at the chance of wearing the coveted 96 shirt and be in the team photo next year surely.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
How about a balloon race, everyone could pay a quid at the next game and in return they get a helium balloon - attached to the balloon is a card where you can put your name and address, on the reverse of the card is a return to sender address (any volunteers?) whoever's balloon gets a response from the furthest afield wins a prize, I would suggest a signed football.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
El Presidente said:
Why not have a raffle and the winner gets to be a member of the first team squad for next season.

The club 'auctioned' this on Ebay a couple of years ago, but a raffle would raise more money. If we sell tickets for £1 each, a lot of people would be willing to chance their arm at the chance of wearing the coveted 96 shirt and be in the team photo next year surely.

Or do it so that they actually get to try out for the side. I reckon most people who enter would be better than Oatway, McCammon and Robinson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here