Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Forster issue is sending us down.

Highamgull

Feb 26, 2009
he will never play for the club again!

I have a feeling you may be wrong. There was a 'behind the scenes' suggestion on the phone in tonight that this would be sorted this week and that he would be on the coach to Leeds.

I think you would be right if you said he wouldn't play for the club again after this season.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
were going to league 2 with or without Forster, he wants out, cherrio :wave:
Murrat is 10x more important than Forster.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What was actually said on the phone in was that the problem would be solved one way or another. It made no mention of him getting a new contract. I hope he doesn't more than the club think he deserves, very unprofessional to hold a club to ransom like that. Another example of footballers thinking they can act in a way unlike other employees. They are contractors after all and have to put up with the uncertainty of getting a new one like everyone else.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Time for Tony Bloom to call them both in the office together and thrash out the problem so that neither are seen to eat humble pie. Or if he is away do we not have Chief Executive to act on his behalf.

We do indeed, we have a Chief Executive, a Managing Director, a Secretary and a Director of Football perhaps another layer of management needed???

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He either goes now or is played. It is cutting off our nose to spite our face to not play him all the time he is here. Frankly the whole saga is really silly.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The club and manager imo is 100% correct, how the f*** can they start discussing contracts when at this stage, the club, the players and the fans don't know what league we will be in!!

Common sense, there are more burning issues to deal with and if he cannot see that, then f*** him!!

100% Behind the club on this one!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Regardless of whether he should be offered a new contract or not, Forster should be playing whilst he is here. We need him. If he decides to go somewhere else then so be it. Until then he is an asset and not having him in the squad is a waste.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Regardless of whether he should be offered a new contract or not, Forster should be playing whilst he is here. We need him. If he decides to go somewhere else then so be it. Until then he is an asset and not having him in the squad is a waste.

I agree with that but would his attitude be right. Would his professionalism over come his personal ideals, which judging by his recent attitude is debatable.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
how was forster in wrong in thinking he should get a contract extension when he sees the useless 7-1 masterclass defender el abd get one for consistently letting goals in. who deserves a contract out of all the players that had theirs run out in the summer? who has kept brighton in the fight for league one for next year? is it leaky goals el abd or nicky forster? i'd gladly risk one more year for forster to bang in the goals vs another year of el useless abd

Your opinion but not the managers....but then I suppose you have more day to day interaction with the players...more coaching ability than the manager...and a better understanding of what is needed to build the type of team that is required...in fact lets just sack Gus and appoint you as you seem to know what is best for the long term future of this club

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I think, he has insulted us (The Fans), I think he has insulted the club.
I LOVE the club.
He has disappointed me.

Highamgull

Feb 26, 2009
Didnt hear the phone in but did it indicate that there would be mediation talks or he would be shipped out, possibly on loan.

Nothing at all was said about contracts or transfers. Probably only five seconds or so when one of the commentators said that he had 'ear wigged' a conversation and heard that it would be sorted this week and there was every possibility of him being at Leeds. Didn't say who the conversation was between but it was close to the press box area.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
IMHO we're not going down, we're still 2 srtaight wins from mid table for f***'s sake.
If anyone thinks "Forstergate" is the reason we will go down, as suggested at the head of this tread and seemingly supported by many, then it's time they stop sticking up for him and start getting behind the manager / team / club. A champion team beats a team of champions, an old cliche but a good one.
I'll be sorry to see him go, but it looks inevitable unless he swallows his pride.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Forster is letting himself and his club down. I'm very disappionted in him. I don't see the other players who are out of contract in the summer reacting the same. He should be leading by example. I can't see him playing for Albion again.

Agree with that.

If he's so obsessed with sorting out a deal for next season then he should be ensuring he scores the goals that keeps us up, as THAT would be the best piece of negotiating he could do right now.

Instead, he's forced Poyet to show his strength of character, which fortunately he has got in spades, and Forster is making us suffer. Poyet can't back down now, and neither should he.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Previous managers and the current one have eluded to a dressing room where too many people have got too much to say about too little, and it is undermining the manager's ability to do their job.

Given this unsavoury little episode, I think it might have uncovered who has been at the forefront of the players some what militant approach to the club and, more to the point, the coaching staff.

Nicky Forster has had a lot of clubs throughout his career, and I think we may now be seeing why. Time for him to move on, and maybe Gus will be able to do his job.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
We haven't missed him...the goals have been flowing, the points accumulating over the last 3 games....I think not!
Glenda has been showing his class, contriving to fail to score from inside the six yard box with the goal gaping. Dickinson seems more concerned with what colour boots he is going to wear and Holroyd is still learning his craft.
Oh yes, these three are going to propel us up the table!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here