Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Forster issue is sending us down.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
While he's still under contract to us and having his wages paid by us he should be on the pitch earning said wages.

The strongest 11 should be on the pitch each week FULL STOP.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Unless his appearance or he himself causes unrest in the dressing room.

Some of the best players ever have been the most despised in the dressing room. Why?...cos' they are self-assured, cocky, full of themselves, confident in their own ability go-getters. They are often opinionated and unafraid to confront management. They are not ' cowering in the corner yes-men 'and can appear aloof and distant.
They are often the rebels in society, who don't conform to the norm and they usually earn more money than the rest because they are better at what they do, than the rest.
Football history is littered with good players who have caused unrest in dressing rooms. How it gets resolved is down to the ability of the management teams at those respective clubs.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Football history is littered with good players who have caused unrest in dressing rooms. How it gets resolved is down to the ability of the management teams at those respective clubs.

And our management team believe it's best handled by excluding him, and they best know the effect the alternative would have.

In Gus we trust!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
The crux of the issue as I see it is that yes, Forster has been a twat. However, without him in the side we are more likely to go down than with him in the side - and bearing in mind that we can't sell him or get a replacement in we're a bit f***ed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think the management could have avoided all this. A quiet word in our star players shellike would have done the trick till the summer when he could have taken the year offered him. But no they told him to stay quiet and wait with all the dross that we will be shipping out come june. He deserves better than that.

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
I've heard that the problem is that Nicky wants a 1 year contract and they won't commit but have been talking about giving Gary Hart a 1 year deal - now I can see the issue Nicky has given us 15 goals this season and what has Gary given?

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
I've heard that the problem is that Nicky wants a 1 year contract and they won't commit but have been talking about giving Gary Hart a 1 year deal - now I can see the issue Nicky has given us 15 goals this season and what has Gary given?

I would be amazed if Gary Hart gets another 1 year deal if we stay up.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I think the management could have avoided all this. A quiet word in our star players shellike would have done the trick till the summer when he could have taken the year offered him. But no they told him to stay quiet and wait with all the dross that we will be shipping out come june. He deserves better than that.

Not if he starts leaking untrue stories to the press he doesn't.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
High time Bloom knocked all parties heads together.

Forster's got a limited time left on the clock. As has Poyet.

And the number of winnable games left this season is counting down quickly.

Its in everybody's best interests to get this sorted ASAP.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Probably ....

What's going to send you down is lack of spirit. If you went to the games with half the passion you show on here, the players would respond. Instead all they get is a shit load of abuse almost 24/7. Do you really think they DON'T read this site? Of course some of them do, and they will talk about it.

Some of you should take yourselves outside and give yourself a bloody good shaking down.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The club and manager imo is 100% correct, how the f*** can they start discussing contracts when at this stage, the club, the players and the fans don't know what league we will be in!!

Common sense, there are more burning issues to deal with and if he cannot see that, then f*** him!!

100% Behind the club on this one!

This is so dumb it is unbelievable and so often repeated. Just add a clause to the contract. Why can you not see that? If Poyet said the world was flat, would you believe him.

Your opinion but not the managers....but then I suppose you have more day to day interaction with the players...more coaching ability than the manager...and a better understanding of what is needed to build the type of team that is required...in fact lets just sack Gus and appoint you as you seem to know what is best for the long term future of this club

To be honest, I really don't give a flying f*** about what people do in training during the week, I don't pay to watch them train. What concerns me is what happens at the business end of the week, when it matters.

Agree with that.

If he's so obsessed with sorting out a deal for next season then he should be ensuring he scores the goals that keeps us up, as THAT would be the best piece of negotiating he could do right now.

Instead, he's forced Poyet to show his strength of character, which fortunately he has got in spades, and Forster is making us suffer. Poyet can't back down now, and neither should he.

The sign of a good manager is one that learns from mistakes, not sticks his head in the stand and never admits he is wrong. Having said that, I don't know whether Poyet is as stubborn as you suggest he should be.

Previous managers and the current one have eluded to a dressing room where too many people have got too much to say about too little, and it is undermining the manager's ability to do their job.

Given this unsavoury little episode, I think it might have uncovered who has been at the forefront of the players some what militant approach to the club and, more to the point, the coaching staff.

Nicky Forster has had a lot of clubs throughout his career, and I think we may now be seeing why. Time for him to move on, and maybe Gus will be able to do his job.

You make Forsters sound like he is a footballing mercenary like Claridge or Worthington or Savage. He has had about 5/6 professional clubs in 19 years of football, that is not too bad.

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running
Looking at ATC, Insider says "the issue can resolved by Nicky withdrawing his comments made last week". Gus is the manager of this football club. As manager I believe he should be working to resolve this issue, one way of the other, as quickly as possible. Unfortunately the issue is with our top scorer this season and by the looks of it, by seemingly reluctant to resolve the situation other than waiting for Nicky to withdraw his comments could urguably start to being at the detriment of the team and the results on the pitch. Hopefully all will be back on track soon and we'll all be pushing in the same direction - League 1 safety :ascarf:

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
the best thing to do is let forster go out on loan to leeds or charlton and we play an in form gary hary, seb carole, or that one boy upfront with glen and get prepared for league two

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Which is a shame. I think we would have won today with Murray and Forster up front.
I'm not sure - it's been mainly Murray and Forster together for the last 4 months and we've failed to score against worse sides than Norwich. I do think we'd be better off with Forster in the squad at least, but I blame Nicky for that. No manager can overlook his behaviour and still keep the respect of the squad as a whole.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's going to send you down is lack of spirit. If you went to the games with half the passion you show on here, the players would respond. Instead all they get is a shit load of abuse almost 24/7. Do you really think they DON'T read this site? Of course some of them do, and they will talk about it.

Some of you should take yourselves outside and give yourself a bloody good shaking down.

Wise words from a scummer. :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here